Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Transmissions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-08-2019, 11:34 AM   #113
HWG

Drives: 2018 SS Convertible
just wanted to jump in with a question about what I see , looks like most of the issues are with guys roll'in in 16 / 17 ....anyone having issues with their 18 yet ..?
HWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 01:58 PM   #114
FL Scooter

Drives: 2021 Camaro 2SS
In response to HWG, Yes my 18 has/had/still have the shudder. Triple flush/TC replace. Was hoping for a 10 speed or a tune to get rid of the AFM.
FL Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 07:41 AM   #115
Fifty 2SS

Drives: 2017 Fifty 2SS w NPP
Angry

As some of you may know my fifty has been diagnosed with the dreaded A8 Shudder. It has been in the dealers shop twice for this and both times they did the flush reprogram and it has came back again not as bad this time but back again. However yesterday I got the check engine light to go with it. I ran a scan on it and it came up P0700 nad there was another that went with it I think it was P0738 A or B, I cannot remember. Called the dealer they said bring it in and on the way it started to act like it was running a 3500 stall converter every time I took off and if wanted to get up to 40 MPH it was running about 3000 RPM and felt like it was stuck in 3rd gear. It would not let me manual shift either. Dealer says I should here from them by Friday to let me know what is going on and the fix. This is starting to get real frustrating, they need to fix the damn thing and quit putting a band aid on it.
When I here something I will let you know,
Now back to you regularly scheduled programming.
Fifty 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 08:45 AM   #116
craigss50

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Fifty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifty 2SS View Post
As some of you may know my fifty has been diagnosed with the dreaded A8 Shudder. It has been in the dealers shop twice for this and both times they did the flush reprogram and it has came back again not as bad this time but back again. However yesterday I got the check engine light to go with it. I ran a scan on it and it came up P0700 nad there was another that went with it I think it was P0738 A or B, I cannot remember. Called the dealer they said bring it in and on the way it started to act like it was running a 3500 stall converter every time I took off and if wanted to get up to 40 MPH it was running about 3000 RPM and felt like it was stuck in 3rd gear. It would not let me manual shift either. Dealer says I should here from them by Friday to let me know what is going on and the fix. This is starting to get real frustrating, they need to fix the damn thing and quit putting a band aid on it.
When I here something I will let you know,
Now back to you regularly scheduled programming.

Well at this point if you are lucky they will replace the transmission. Seems that is the only cure for most.
craigss50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 07:18 PM   #117
vidkidZ
Mobile/Embedded Architect

Drives: '16 2SS white convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenPoop View Post
As of 2 minutes ago, GM has NO protocol in place for service departments if the magical super flush, excuse me, when the magical super flush doesn't work. TC replacements are still on lockdown.
TC replacements aren't the only repair on lock down... Since 1/1 many big ticket warranty repairs Chevy would usually cover are getting rejected. At least that's what a local service manager said.... It sounds like they are running low on cash... Not a good sign.

Regional manager decisions to fix a vehicle are no longer an option, disconnected forms answered in Detroit now make the final decision, and the answer is usually no.
vidkidZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 08:39 PM   #118
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by vidkidZ View Post
TC replacements aren't the only repair on lock down... Since 1/1 many big ticket warranty repairs Chevy would usually cover are getting rejected. At least that's what a local service manager said.... It sounds like they are running low on cash... Not a good sign.

Regional manager decisions to fix a vehicle are no longer an option, disconnected forms answered in Detroit now make the final decision, and the answer is usually no.
Seriously? Turning down major repairs... are there examples you can share? GM is absolutely flush with cash, and I’m sure massive bonuses will be doled out for a banner 2018. As far as what’s happening in 2019, well that’s anybodies guess, but what we know for certain, they’re conserving cash ( layoffs and plant shutdowns) for the next generation self driving vehicle design(s). I’ d love to know if warranteed repairs are being rejected solely for business gain, because that’s a tough pill to swallow.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 08:42 PM   #119
Drsagacity

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Nightfall Gray vert
I pick my car up tomorrow and will see how it runs. If the problem still exists then I will be calling Ted Jannetty to custom order a torque converter for my car. I am not going to spend months troubleshooting and ultimately settling for a sub par part.

2018 Corvette Z06 vert- Black
To be tuned by JRE Racing
TBD performance
Drsagacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 09:01 PM   #120
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drsagacity View Post
I pick my car up tomorrow and will see how it runs. If the problem still exists then I will be calling Ted Jannetty to custom order a torque converter for my car. I am not going to spend months troubleshooting and ultimately settling for a sub par part.
This is the right move. Waiting for the people that butchered the A8 to begin with (GM) to come out with a magic bullet nearly 4 years later is not going to happen. Get yourself an FTI or Circle D, tune out AFM and the slip tables, and flush the fluid. Then get back to making horsepower.
Old 01-18-2019, 04:37 AM   #121
crosive

Drives: 18 zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
This is the right move. Waiting for the people that butchered the A8 to begin with (GM) to come out with a magic bullet nearly 4 years later is not going to happen. Get yourself an FTI or Circle D, tune out AFM and the slip tables, and flush the fluid. Then get back to making horsepower.
in the grand scheme of things, this isn't a terribly expensive option, and personally, one I battle with on a daily basis. however, I'm sure there are those like me that have an extended warranty, and passing up a 10 year/100,000 mile warranty is a hard thing to do.
crosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 10:11 AM   #122
modru2004

Drives: 2018 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by crosive View Post
in the grand scheme of things, this isn't a terribly expensive option, and personally, one I battle with on a daily basis. however, I'm sure there are those like me that have an extended warranty, and passing up a 10 year/100,000 mile warranty is a hard thing to do.
thats where im at. once the car is out of warranty i wouldn't bat an eye at doing that. but until then i would prefer to have the car fixed under warranty even if it is a giant pain in my ass.
modru2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 06:09 PM   #123
Kedavis

Drives: 2017 garnet red ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
Bought the FTI 3600 stall during the black Friday sale,installed a couple weeks ago. Tcm unlocked and tuned,what a difference no shudder and cruises nice on the street. Cant wait for the track to open,wasn't gonna wait any longer for a fix because as far as I'm concerned this is the only way.
Kedavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 09:14 AM   #124
Driski

Drives: 2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS
Had a replacement TC installed under warranty fall of 2018 and put about 1000 miles on it. Car is stored for the winter. Question is, if i get the TCM unlocked and have the car tuned (slip tables reset) do you think the new TC will be okay or is it just junk from the start?
Old 01-22-2019, 10:53 AM   #125
stook2001

Drives: 99 M3, 04 STi, 16 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kedavis View Post
Bought the FTI 3600 stall during the black Friday sale,installed a couple weeks ago. Tcm unlocked and tuned,what a difference no shudder and cruises nice on the street. Cant wait for the track to open,wasn't gonna wait any longer for a fix because as far as I'm concerned this is the only way.
Just out of curiosity (not at this point yet, honestly) but what is the approximate cost of this job for an otherwise stock car? Also, is there any negative impact to drive ability, ie. harsher shifts? Does this job also eliminate the cylinder deactivation --- or is it possible to upgrade the converter and resolve the shudder while retaining cylinder deactivation?
stook2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 07:42 AM   #126
bologdl

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT RS
I'm having the same shutter problem in my 2016 1LT. I did notice if I go to manual and shift to 7th gear the shutter appears to have stopped when traveling on the highway.

I also have a question I was quoted $450.00 to flush my transmission and install the new Mobil 1 fluid. Is this the average cost everyone else is paying because Chevy has told me the flush is not cover under normal warranty?
bologdl is offline   Reply With Quote