Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-15-2019, 07:58 PM   #57
StPeteHyper2.0

Drives: '16 Hyper Blue 2.0
I just replaced my MRT v2 catback with Mishimoto SS axleback. Full 3" exhaust all the way back. The SS setup has drone resonators and I also added in a flowmaster hushpower resonator to help.

My advice to help your drone issues is by adding a performance resonator about mid pipe. Still can be loud but better for daily driving comfort. I still set off car alarms in my parking garage.

Last edited by StPeteHyper2.0; 01-16-2019 at 12:31 PM.
StPeteHyper2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 07:07 AM   #58
whiskeyfed
Pat

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT I4 Turbo A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by StPeteHyper2.0 View Post
I just replaced my MRT v2 catback with Mishimoto SS axleback. Full 3" exhaust all the way back. The SS setup has drone resonators and I also added in a flowmaster hushpower resonator to help.

My advice to help your drone issues is by adding a performance resonator about mid pipe. Still can be loud but better for daily driving comfort. I still set off car alarms in the my parking garage.
YES! Finally an answer I was looking for

I would very much like to stay with Mishimoto, but the pro axle back is absolutely ridiculously expensive IMO. I really wish they added those resonators to the cat back or regular dual tip race axle-back. Holley and MBRP have systems with resonators and/or mufflers.

My question to Mishimoto is whether the tiny mufflers they have on the cat back system actually reduce drone or are just there to say they have mufflers?

Subscribe on YouTube Whiskeyfed Camaro

Follow my Build Thread The WhiskeyFed Camaro

Current Modifications: JacFab Boost-O-Lator, Injen Evolution CAI, ZZP Catless Downpipe, RPM 3" Charge Pipe, Mishimoto Oil Filtration/Coolant Systems, R1 Concepts Brakes Package, Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs, PTP Lava Exhaust Wrap & Turbo Blanket

DYNO SHEET: 297whp / 374wtq
Tuned by #danytechtuning
whiskeyfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 08:01 AM   #59
Austin_504

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS 2.0t
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyfed View Post
YES! Finally an answer I was looking for

I would very much like to stay with Mishimoto, but the pro axle back is absolutely ridiculously expensive IMO. I really wish they added those resonators to the cat back or regular dual tip race axle-back. Holley and MBRP have systems with resonators and/or mufflers.

My question to Mishimoto is whether the tiny mufflers they have on the cat back system actually reduce drone or are just there to say they have mufflers?
from my experience with the cat-back and stock downpipe is that there is a little drone from 2500-3000 with the catback. However, it is unnoticeable and almost silent on the interstate.
Old 01-16-2019, 08:44 AM   #60
whiskeyfed
Pat

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT I4 Turbo A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin_504 View Post
from my experience with the cat-back and stock downpipe is that there is a little drone from 2500-3000 with the catback. However, it is unnoticeable and almost silent on the interstate.
Gotcha. Okay, I have a catless pipe and the drone with a muffler delete is unnerving. Im just afraid if I spend the money on the cat back, that the mufflers will not have any effect on the drone. Whereas the "pro" exhaust that has the resonators might.

Subscribe on YouTube Whiskeyfed Camaro

Follow my Build Thread The WhiskeyFed Camaro

Current Modifications: JacFab Boost-O-Lator, Injen Evolution CAI, ZZP Catless Downpipe, RPM 3" Charge Pipe, Mishimoto Oil Filtration/Coolant Systems, R1 Concepts Brakes Package, Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs, PTP Lava Exhaust Wrap & Turbo Blanket

DYNO SHEET: 297whp / 374wtq
Tuned by #danytechtuning
whiskeyfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 11:32 AM   #61
Austin_504

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS 2.0t
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyfed View Post
Gotcha. Okay, I have a catless pipe and the drone with a muffler delete is unnerving. Im just afraid if I spend the money on the cat back, that the mufflers will not have any effect on the drone. Whereas the "pro" exhaust that has the resonators might.
TBH the cat back is really loud. My car is louder on cold start than my mom's scatpack's cold start. If you're worried about the drone (which isn't the worst but definitely present in that rpm range) I would go with the ss pro axle-back as you said.
Old 01-16-2019, 12:39 PM   #62
StPeteHyper2.0

Drives: '16 Hyper Blue 2.0
That stock downpipe is acting as the resonator to help with your drone. My MRT v2 catback was great with very little drone til I swapped the downpipe.
With the catted downpipe I have, RPM's, the Mishi SS axle back sound really good also with little drone. Was just too loud for my daily taste. Adding the FP hushpower helped with that. As far as adding or reducing HP numbers due to exhaust shouldnt be extreme and I really didnt care anyway.
Attached Images

StPeteHyper2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote