Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Transmissions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-17-2018, 07:35 PM   #29
airsmith25

Drives: 2017 SS
Transmission Whining

I have a 2017 SS Fifty. Has anyone had a whining issue with the M6 in on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear? I had my car at the dealer when it had 12k on it and they heard the whining and kept my car 5 weeks while they worked with Detroit rebuilding my transmission. I finally got it back and no whining then 2 weeks later same only 1st through 3rd so I filed a lemon law and a engineer from Detroit came and said the car was fine. I taken it to transmission shops and they say something is wrong with it but without dropping the transmission that can't tell me what it is. I have taken it back to a different dealer and drove with the mechanic and he heard the noise but the next day after they found out that I had a closed case with GM they said they didn't hear it anymore. Now I have it back for the 3rd time at the original dealer and they are saying it is not a concern because it is considered normal operation. This doesn't effect function of the tranny but it whines and drive me crazy. Has anyone had this issue and what can I do?
airsmith25 is offline   Reply With Quote