Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 05-19-2015, 08:40 AM   #1
thebiglubinsky

Drives: Infiniti G37S
The Germans should be afraid, veeery afraid!!!

I was eyeing the new BMW M4, Mercedes C63, & Lexus RC-F. I see no reason to spend $20-$40k more simply for brand recognition. Chevy has really upped the ante here. I really wanted to like the Mustang but unlike the new Stingray, the new design is missing the mark. I wasn't even looking at the Camaro until this new release. Thank you Chevy for delivering!
thebiglubinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 08:45 AM   #2
LesserO2Evils
GM repeat offender...

Drives: 16 2SS
There is zero chance of anyone looking at those models of cars even CONSIDERING a Camaro. Which, frankly, makes it all the more satisfeying to walk their ass and wipe that smug look off their face.

MURICA!!!

INCOMING: ‘22 ZL1, Satin Steel. A10. PDR.
Ordered: 03/02/22.
LesserO2Evils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 08:53 AM   #3
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
BMW isn't afraid of anyone.
Old 05-19-2015, 09:10 AM   #4
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
BMW isn't afraid of anyone.
This ^

It is very very very rare to find anyone cross shopping a Camaro vs a luxury coupe. Cadillac has a hard enough time getting those buyers to look at Cadillac, what makes the OP think now they will look at a Camaro bc no matter how nice it is, its still a Camaro.
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 09:15 AM   #5
Jeb114

Drives: 2021 300
Watch the show "Top Gear" for a couple of episodes and you will see how insignificant they think American cars are, and how outdated they think the American car industry is.....
Jeb114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 09:26 AM   #6
MikeT

Drives: 2008 Malibu V6
Afraid? No.

But I do disagree with the idea that there's zero cross-shopping. Among the people who buy BMW's sporty coupes (2-series, 4-series, etc.), cars like the Camaro and Mustang are on the radar. Over at the M2 forum, for example, there's a thread about the Camaro.
http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1127836

Predictably, most of those guys shoot down the idea of the new Camaro as a competitor without a second thought. But a few don't. Objective, fair-minded folks will agree that the Camaro has upped its game considerably with the 6th gen. Is it going to steal a lot of sales from the M cars? Probably not. Might it steal a few? Absolutely.
MikeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 09:32 AM   #7
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
doesn't matter, the Camaro could beat everyone of those cars in every category. A guy that wants an M3 is still going to by the M3. no one is saying "well im either going to get an M3 or a Camaro"
Old 05-19-2015, 09:33 AM   #8
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
I cross shopped all performance cars under 65K- so M3 was...for a split second, a consideration (problem is, once you start adding any of the 400 options, the price jumps significantly).

I think any company that is so short sighted not to look far and wide at what is out there in the market is...not going to last long. With that said - I'm quite sure that BMW, Merc, etc. know what the competition is, and how it affects their market share, they are more than capable of responding when needed.
Old 05-19-2015, 09:43 AM   #9
shaffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis View Post
doesn't matter, the Camaro could beat everyone of those cars in every category. A guy that wants an M3 is still going to by the M3. no one is saying "well im either going to get an M3 or a Camaro"
And that said customer should be cross shopping Cadillacs not camaros with the BMW
Old 05-19-2015, 09:53 AM   #10
Rickmann

Drives: Toyota 4Runner
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeT View Post
Afraid? No.

But I do disagree with the idea that there's zero cross-shopping. Among the people who buy BMW's sporty coupes (2-series, 4-series, etc.), cars like the Camaro and Mustang are on the radar. Over at the M2 forum, for example, there's a thread about the Camaro.
http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1127836

Predictably, most of those guys shoot down the idea of the new Camaro as a competitor without a second thought. But a few don't. Objective, fair-minded folks will agree that the Camaro has upped its game considerably with the 6th gen. Is it going to steal a lot of sales from the M cars? Probably not. Might it steal a few? Absolutely.
If you get the chance, check out the 2addicts site. At least one guy over there admitted he's a "Brand Snob"!

It's gonna take a while for GM to win over the Euro crowd, and with good reason. Many Americans deserted the US auto manufacturers in the 80's and never came back.

The C7 Vette and C6 Camaro will certainly help change this perspective. As we know, Chevy has made great strides with these two models. Cadillac is fighting the same battles, even with great new models like ATS, ATSV, CTS, CTSV. GM would be smart to give their customers a better experience on the service side as well.

But for performance dollar for dollar, it's hard to beat Chevy & Cadillac these days! Enjoy the ride.

Rickmann
Rickmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 09:54 AM   #11
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
Germans afraid?? LOL..

Not a chance...

For the record I love BMW, and Lexus. Comparing a Chevy to them is beyond laughable..

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 09:54 AM   #12
thebiglubinsky

Drives: Infiniti G37S
I disagree. I was thinking about picking up one of the luxury models but I hate how they've gotten so expensive. Think about it, 450ish hp, over 400lb torque, fairly light weight chassis, advanced suspension, high end audio, great looking interior...
thebiglubinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 10:19 AM   #13
shaffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebiglubinsky View Post
I disagree. I was thinking about picking up one of the luxury models but I hate how they've gotten so expensive. Think about it, 450ish hp, over 400lb torque, fairly light weight chassis, advanced suspension, high end audio, great looking interior...
There is a difference tho, someone looking for a sporty coupe yeah maybe MAYBE they cross shop a Camaro and a BMW.

Someone looking for a luxury coupe is not going to cross shop a Camaro and a BMW looking for luxury
Old 05-19-2015, 10:41 AM   #14
aschex

Drives: Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeb114 View Post
Watch the show "Top Gear" for a couple of episodes and you will see how insignificant they think American cars are, and how outdated they think the American car industry is.....
To be fair they absolutely adored the C7 Corvette. I think they are acknowledging that American cars are getting better.
aschex is offline   Reply With Quote