Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-05-2016, 03:25 PM   #71
BahamaTodd

Drives: 08 Accord V6/M6 / 04 Canyon Z71
The F-150 switching to turbo V6s is the most notable application moving away from the V8.
BahamaTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 03:27 PM   #72
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by BahamaTodd View Post
The F-150 switching to turbo V6s is the most notable application moving away from the V8.
Especially in the Raptor.

Thankfully the normal F150 can still be had with the 5.0, and the Super Duties still have the 6.2 as standard.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 03:52 PM   #73
tripowergto
WHEELIEFEST 22 ~ 8/14/21

Drives: 18 HW, 16 Vette, 09 G8 GT, 02 Formu
Dec Camaro sales down 19% YoY is disappointing given there's plenty of 2016 inventory available along with massive highly discounted 2015 stock. It's time for some decent lease rates at the very least!
14 Crystal Red Volt (traded)
10 Inferno Orange Camaro 2SS 426 HP LS3 "MAIDEN" (TOTALED!)
09 Stryker Blue G8 GT w/sport/prem/sunroof
02 Firebird Formula LS1 HURST 6SPD(1st new car)

tripowergto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 03:54 PM   #74
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
I'm not 100% sold on the "it's the winter" argument...the Mustang went on sale in October of 2014 and sold nearly 10,000 cars in December of 2014..and continued sales of over 7,500+ for nearly the whole of Winter 2014-2015...

I think winter does play into it...but I suspect it's a bit larger stew than that...

Higher prices+mostly the same styling (to the casual buyer/observer)+no real discounts or pricing plans for the general public...etc...

It will pick up, no doubt about it, and I'm sure in the next 6 months or so we'll see a surge and probably a few 9,000 or even 10,000 car months...but not the overwhelming demand like the 5th gen...the pent up demand after 6 years of non-production just isn't there this time.
Some good points in here. I know you know a lot about Ford, so here is my question. When the S-550 came out, did Ford have the all motor trim levels available at about the same time? If I remember correctly, the 6 cylinder (which is the least expensive model) and the GT were available right off the bat. The 4 cylinder was shortly after. The bulk of Camaro sales will be the 4 and 6 cylinder models. Come on 4 cylinder, a lower price point is needed.

I saw a 6 Gen V6 sticker at almost 42K. It was a loaded 2LT but still, that is some cheese. I paid about $1000 more than that for my car. I put 34K down, so I would have a low note and shorter term. If someone was trying to trade with negative equity and no incentives, that is a deal killer.
Old 01-05-2016, 03:56 PM   #75
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
It is clear the new Camaro is not selling well by virtue that the national inventory per cars.com is running around 5000 which is more than one per dealership AND GM is adding a third shift to build more because their dealers are unable to move what they got on the lot because with additional units in the pipeline dealers will be forced to sell even tho they do not want to.

Any accusations of sarcasm on my part will be gratefully accepted.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 04:03 PM   #76
TPAJETSKI

Drives: Camaro
I have yet to see one on the road and I live in Florida. The dealer by me has had the same hyper blue 2SS on the lot for a month at least.
TPAJETSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 04:06 PM   #77
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
Some good points in here. I know you know a lot about Ford, so here is my question. When the S-550 came out, did Ford have the all motor trim levels available at about the same time? If I remember correctly, the 6 cylinder (which is the least expensive model) and the GT were available right off the bat. The 4 cylinder was shortly after. The bulk of Camaro sales will be the 4 and 6 cylinder models. Come on 4 cylinder, a lower price point is needed.

I saw a 6 Gen V6 sticker at almost 42K. It was a loaded 2LT but still, that is some cheese. I paid about $1000 more than that for my car. I put 34K down, so I would have a low note and shorter term. If someone was trying to trade with negative equity and no incentives, that is a deal killer.
I only know what I know because I'm not a party animal or a nightlife kind of guy so I spend my evenings chasing down all kinds of useless info on the web.

Yes all engines for the normal trim Mustangs were available at launch. The alphabet pricing plans were also available from the start (A, D, X, Z)..on a business trip down south to Medford to Crater Lake Ford in November of 14 I drove a premimum GT Auto and was offered $1,800 under MSRP without having to pull teeth. Mind you..this was only the second month of sales.

Ford dealers in general went really aggressive, really fast in getting sales..and it showed.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 04:10 PM   #78

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=435349
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 04:16 PM   #79
Bongos2U

Drives: Hopefully 6th gen Camaro
Quote:
I only know what I know because I'm not a party animal or a nightlife kind of guy so I spend my evenings chasing down all kinds of useless info on the web.

Yes all engines for the normal trim Mustangs were available at launch. The alphabet pricing plans were also available from the start (A, D, X, Z)..on a business trip down south to Medford to Crater Lake Ford in November of 14 I drove a premimum GT Auto and was offered $1,800 under MSRP without having to pull teeth. Mind you..this was only the second month of sales.

Ford dealers in general went really aggressive, really fast in getting sales..and it showed.
I also recall that Ford offered zero % financing and 84 month finance deals right off the bat when the 2015 Mustang went on sale. This probably won't happen with the 2016 Camaro (?).
Bongos2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 04:17 PM   #80
Techn9cian805
The BEAST

Drives: '16 2SS, '89 Wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
wow, that is amazing. 2015 was a great year for ford, GM is gonna have a hard time taking the lead.
Techn9cian805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 04:23 PM   #81
FlightSoftware

Drives: '95 Corvette, '06 Mustang, 2LT RS
84 month financing. If you have to stretch payments for a car out that far, you can't afford it, let it go.

How many people even hold on to a car that long anymore?

(I've seen this horribly abused. Like trade in with negative equity rolled to the new loan. It's not just the price of the car purchased, it's all the extra crap it allows. You never get unburied.)
FlightSoftware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 04:24 PM   #82
snarky
ultracrepidarianism

Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '18 Accord Sport
looks like the jury is still out. i'm VERY surprised I have not seen at least one on the road. most dealers here have plenty of inventory. some offer small discounts of 1k - 2k. I have seen a 1SS for 38k which is more or less in line with 5th Gen prices. plenty of hellcats selling at sticker or slightly discounted as well. one dealer has eight - another three priced at 68k - 70k with no markup. 28k is the low for a new LT Camaro that I have seen and 49k 2SS the high.
Old 01-05-2016, 04:30 PM   #83
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Quote:

That's is impressive for an all new model, hitting the ground running. Best guess is for the Camaro to have a mostly complete line up is in April or so.
Old 01-05-2016, 05:37 PM   #84
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
The December sales numbers didn't look particularly good and considering some of that number is remaining 2015s.

But it is also correct, GM doesn't have the "base" car out yet nor do they have the convertible. My worry with the convertible is the price will be too high and those volumes will actually be less.

Plus GM is notoriously slow in ramping up to full volume. With only 2 shifts, the production volume isn't at full capacity. But that should result in cars NOT sitting in lots which it seems in some cases they are.

Oh and I don't think there has been any gouging by dealers at all. Has anyone seen a thread of someone paying over sticker?

Probably won't know the true picture until Spring.