Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-29-2015, 07:59 AM   #29
SSCam99

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
My daughters call my ZL1 my race car as well! My wife is fine with me owning it but she also kind of HATES it. So with my car there is a mixture of pride and joy/stress...

It sure is fun to drive though.
Old 06-29-2015, 08:29 AM   #30
Tahlee

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
It's my modern day Trans am. Oh how I wish Pontiac wasn't gone.
Mine, too. I sold my '79 T/A in 2006 to get a down payment for my house. I missed it every single day until last year when I finally replaced it with my '81 Corvette. I still miss the shaker hood scoop, though.

So, now I that I have the Camaro, I feel like I've reached muscle car nirvana. I love this car so much. Sometimes, when I'm in bed and nowhere near the Camaro, I look at pics of it on my cell phone.

So, I'm in the group who loves it very much.
Tahlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 11:18 AM   #31
lsaterz28
the vetteman

Drives: 68Z/28,09G8/GT,11RS/SS VT,13GMC PU
My family comes 1 ST. but as long as the means to support them is there, We will keep the 68 Z/28, 2009 G8/GT,and 2011 RS/SS Vert. and what ever DD we have.
Yanko style side strips,BBK Long Tube headers no cats,Maggie 2300,Ported trottle body,58 lb injectors,Pedder's sub frame bushings,QTE cut outs,Corsa Performance Ex., Volant Cold Air Kit,catch can, SLP 20" Red Line Wheels, Raymond's Performance Tune
RAYMOND'S PERFORMANCE BUILT. Plainfield Indiana.
lsaterz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 12:15 PM   #32
Red2014SS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Camaro
What does it mean to me?

My 2014 SS Camaro has every option that I wanted, including the Recaro seats. I'm really happy with it. For me, it's the perfect automobile. It handles great, but still rides nice. It has tons of power, but if I need more, the aftermarket can provide it. The 5th Gen Camaro is the best looking car on the road and will become a classic. It is one of the best looking cars ever made. It is also a high quality, well made, automobile. It's a brand new 1969 Camaro with a modern engine and accessories. I feel very blessed to be able to own it.

'57 Chevy Bel Air, '63 Corvette, '69 Camaro, '70 Chevelle .. an elite group.. Soon to be joined by the 5th Gen Camaro.

The 5th Gen Camaro is a modern classic, and we are the lucky generation that got to drive them off the dealer's lot when they were brand new. That makes us an elite group of people.

Last edited by Red2014SS; 06-29-2015 at 12:46 PM.
Red2014SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 12:21 PM   #33
Swacer

Drives: 2018 GT350
To me its a nice car that I can toy with.

Its only a stepping stone to my favorite car, which is a GT-R, which I plan to put in the driveway in the next couple years beside it.

But its a Chevy, so its nothing special, but its nice and I like it.
Old 06-29-2015, 12:25 PM   #34
Red2014SS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swacer View Post
To me its a nice car that I can toy with.

Its only a stepping stone to my favorite car, which is a GT-R, which I plan to put in the driveway in the next couple years beside it.

But its a Chevy, so its nothing special, but its nice and I like it.

That's funny.. how different age groups view things. "It's a chevy, so it's nothing special"...

That's exactly how I feel about the GT-R - "It's just a Nissan, so it's nothing special."
Old 06-29-2015, 01:09 PM   #35
snarky
ultracrepidarianism

Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '18 Accord Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahlee View Post
Mine, too. I sold my '79 T/A in 2006 to get a down payment for my house. I missed it every single day until last year when I finally replaced it with my '81 Corvette. I still miss the shaker hood scoop, though.

So, now I that I have the Camaro, I feel like I've reached muscle car nirvana. I love this car so much. Sometimes, when I'm in bed and nowhere near the Camaro, I look at pics of it on my cell phone.

So, I'm in the group who loves it very much.
replacement center caps are cheap nowadays ( ecklers )
Old 06-29-2015, 01:15 PM   #36
Bizaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Redhot 1LE
2ss to a gtr is a downgrade driving purity wise, going from a driver's car to a car that drives you
Bizaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 01:20 PM   #37
Sandman1969

Drives: 2015 2SS Red Hot Adrenaline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall421 View Post
This is an entertaining thread!!!! LOL

In the end...they are just cars. But, these are MY cars! I have always been a Camaro lover. Was building models of 1969 Camaro's in 1972 as a 5 year old kid! Swore I would have one of those someday. Bought my first Camaro when I was 19...a 1982 Z28. My college car! I worked my ass off...paid my way through college working 2 jobs and going to school full time...and paying for a Z28, my dream car. I still have THAT Z28 today, some 29 years later! On top of that, I have a 1969 Z28...my dream car. I also have a 2014 1LE...just a bad ass car. Yes, these to ME are much more than cars! They do not see snow or rain! I have DD cars for that crap!

To each their own. It can be what it is for you, but don't judge those who are not like you and choose to treat their Camaro like a prize possession. And for me...even though all 3 of mine are V8 cars...if someone has an RS or V6 Camaro...it is a Camaro! Good for you man! Smile and be proud! I don't judge others...I do what I like! Drive on!
Awesome Cars! 68/69 are my favorites. That would be my dream car. My first car was a 75 Camaro that was painted with primer. It was the car I learned how to work on cars with my dad.

My current car puts me back in my youthful times and love driving it.

2015 2SS Red Hot Adrenaline
Sandman1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 01:34 PM   #38
Texas_RS

Drives: 2013 1LE/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeless Man View Post
A V6 Camaro is your dream car? I thought they say dream big

Why do you constantly troll on people and leave smartass comments? Grow up keyboard tough guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current mods: Stainless Power Long Tube Headers,Cat Delete,CAI Cold Air Intake,Vitesse throttle controller, Muffler/Resonator Delete w/dual tips. ADM Performance Tuned,BMR 1.25 lowering springs,R1 Concept Slotted/Dimpled Rotors.
Texas_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 02:28 PM   #39
TPAJETSKI

Drives: Camaro
Just another car to me. No matter what it was I would never place it on the same level as my family. If someone gave me the choice of them punching my child or them taking my car, I'd give him the keys to the car and help him back it out of the garage.
TPAJETSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 11:18 PM   #40
Pct1theory

Drives: '15 2LT RS - Bee Colors
Talking This guy gets me!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantemcc View Post
I know to some people, its just a car and nothing more. To some, like me, its a price possession and to some, they're in the middle. For me, its like my child. After waiting almost 5 years to finally get one and it be the one I wanted ever since 7-4-7 (I'm sure some people know the importance of that date), it more than a car, it's a dream come true. I told the guy at the dealer along with everyone else, I'm NEVER giving up this car. Don't care if I'm homeless and aint got a dime to my name, still never selling it or ridding myself of it. I plan for it to be my casket when my time in this world is up. I know there aren't a lot of people out there who would take it to that degree, so what does your car, if anything, mean to you?
DUDE! I feel the same way ever since that day (or around that date, when I saw the film in theaters!!!!!) It is my dream come true too! I've wanted this car for so long and have so many toys of a yellow camaro and as of a month ago I got the big toy! I plan on keeping it too! I'd rather sleep in the car then have a house lol! Plus I feel we have the best one's they've ever built and designed (2014/2015 MY)
Pct1theory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 04:27 AM   #41
moonsinger71

Drives: 2014 Camero 2SS/RS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantemcc View Post
I know to some people, its just a car and nothing more. To some, like me, its a price possession and to some, they're in the middle. For me, its like my child. After waiting almost 5 years to finally get one and it be the one I wanted ever since 7-4-7 (I'm sure some people know the importance of that date), it more than a car, it's a dream come true. I told the guy at the dealer along with everyone else, I'm NEVER giving up this car. Don't care if I'm homeless and aint got a dime to my name, still never selling it or ridding myself of it. I plan for it to be my casket when my time in this world is up. I know there aren't a lot of people out there who would take it to that degree, so what does your car, if anything, mean to you?
I too am like you. I wanted this car since I saw the concept in a Motor Trend mag. It was the vert I saw and couldn't wait to get my hands on one. Now i have it and I love it. I will never get rid of it.
moonsinger71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 08:28 AM   #42
Software Guy

Drives: 2017 2SS, 2000 Trans Am Firehawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post
It's a nice car. It's fun to drive. But, yeah, at the end of the day it's a car.
Yep! I also leased mine so I have no intention of keeping it.

Now my Firehawk which just turned 15, I love that car and I'd be pissed if someone hit me and wrecked it as it is sentimental to me but again, it's just a car and I would survive. I'd miss it for a while.....