Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-25-2015, 11:16 AM   #29
xgnxs

Drives: 2005 Cobalt Base - 5 speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassment View Post
Someone on the other speaker thread said that the 2016 Camaro is getting the 11 speaker Bose Centerpoint. Which looks to be the same as the Impala.

http://chevroletforum.com/forum/impa...m-specs-62609/ Is the Impala's version, which has no Sub.

However, the 2014 Corvette stingray has this one, which has a sub (and is advertised as 10 speakers) http://mms.businesswire.com/media/20...jpg?download=1
Do you have a source that the camaro is getting it?
xgnxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 11:21 AM   #30
Bassment

Drives: 2016 Red Hot 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by xgnxs View Post
Do you have a source that the camaro is getting it?
No source, just every single new chevy car has Bose Centerpoint, and I've read other people mention it.
Bassment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 11:27 AM   #31
Bassment

The reviews I've read for the Corvette Bose Centerpoint from anyone who cares even a little bit about audio are bad. And it looks like the subwoofer is an additional option that is probably quite expensive (and definitely not worth it, (8" in a 14L box....).
Old 06-25-2015, 11:37 AM   #32
xgnxs

Quote:
No source, just every single new chevy car has Bose Centerpoint, and I've read other people mention it.
Makes sense.

Quote:
The reviews I've read for the Corvette Bose Centerpoint from anyone who cares even a little bit about audio are bad. And it looks like the subwoofer is an additional option that is probably quite expensive (and definitely not worth it, (8" in a 14L box....).
What are some of the complaints?
Old 06-25-2015, 12:21 PM   #33
Bassment

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgnxs View Post
Makes sense.

What are some of the complaints?
http://corvettec7fiasco.blogspot.ca/...review-of.html

Most people on forums say they are just OK, not great, not bad. Some really like it, some replaced it right away with aftermarket.

It can play very loud with low distortion apparently. The C7's Bose Soundpoint is the loudest system Bose has ever made and measured.
Old 06-25-2015, 12:35 PM   #34
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
Quote:
http://corvettec7fiasco.blogspot.ca/...review-of.html

Most people on forums say they are just OK, not great, not bad. Some really like it, some replaced it right away with aftermarket.

It can play very loud with low distortion apparently. The C7's Bose Soundpoint is the loudest system Bose has ever made and measured.
Some of what he says may be true, but he comes across as someone who is just blowing his own horn about how much he thinks he knows.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 01:00 PM   #35
xgnxs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundhogSS View Post
Some of what he says may be true, but he comes across as someone who is just blowing his own horn about how much he thinks he knows.
From reading the article it sounds like he didn't even listen to the system! Just described why it probably doesn't sound very good.

It seems like if you're going to give an objective review on a sound system, you should probably listen to it, not just give your thoughts on why it sucks.
Old 06-25-2015, 01:23 PM   #36
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundhogSS View Post
Yeah that article was a lot of "I know fancy audio terms" drivel.

Good speakers, good amps, secure and tight grounding, and follow speaker polarity, and you will have an amazing system. No need to get too technical.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 01:39 PM   #37
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Sounds like the guys on the BMW forums talking about how bad the HK system is. Then someone pulled the system apart and showed them how surprisingly good quality the components actually were. Then it turned into a debate about how multichannel audio is a gimmick and stereo without DSP is the best :(

I'm sure Bose has made improvements in factory setups, but as a brand they are overpriced junk. Will be interesting to hear it in person.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 02:00 PM   #38
TPAJETSKI

Drives: Camaro
I had the bose system in my Formula eh, ok.
I had the Moonsoon (whatever the hell that meant) in my Firehawk...ok
I had bose in my tahoe..much better
I have bose in my avalanche....very nice
I have the basic system in the camaro....its okay.
TPAJETSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 02:31 PM   #39
suzook

Drives: camaro
Some people LOVE to hate on Bose. While not a high end system, they sound very good. My wife's 2014 impala has it, and it sounds awesome! MUCH better than the pos BA system.
Old 06-25-2015, 02:36 PM   #40
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Drives: 2016 2SS
My C5 had Bose. It sucked. My GTO had Blaupunkt. It was awful. The BA system in the Camaro is mediocre at best. These branded stereos seem to be the same cheap paper Chinese made speakers with a big name stamped on it.

I will say. Adding a decent sub makes them all bearable. Once the speakers don't have to push bass the whole thing cleans up.
Obzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 04:30 PM   #41
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
I dabble in home audio video (as well as jazz flute) and am a member on AVS forums. There is no shortage of people on those forums who will talk bad about any mainstream or unmodified setups out there, explaining that they can hear the difference and they can't stand brand X or Z. Clearly they're able to hear and articulate things most commoners can't, as they're experts and true audio/videophiles. To admit a mainstream product is good would only prove they're not better and more pure than most.

I've heard Bose in a GM car that was pretty dang good and some that was pretty ok (my Trailblazer SS was "ok", better with a head unit upgrade). You'll find that people will hate on Bose just to hate on it because they heard that contrary to popular belief it actually sucks.

Unfortunately we won't know if it's any good until they hit the lots.

Last edited by IOMike; 06-25-2015 at 05:51 PM.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 06:30 PM   #42
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
In my current car (2013 Kia Optima 2.0T), everyone complained about the sound system, so I changed the head unit to add a sub and add component speakers, but found that the door speakers were tolerable when they weren't asked to play bass notes. I ended up just adding a sub and leaving the factory door speakers.

The road noise is loud enough that a lot of the detail in the music is lost while driving, and I'm (hopefully) ditching the car for a 2016 Camaro, so I didn't want to dump a bunch of money into the necessary sound deadening, speakers, amps, wiring, and high output alternator to make the system come to life.
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote