Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 08-18-2014, 07:50 AM   #15
jalloor

Drives: 2014 black zl1
Did lingenfelter build the car? Or did you order the parts from them and have a shop do the install?
I had the same issue with them. I have a 2014 with a stage 2 that was installed by a performance shop around my way. After they installed the tune and ran it on the dyno the installer found out that the car was running very rich. It was so rich that air to fuel reading was off the scale. It was beyond the sensors measuring parameters. After numerous efforts of trying to get them to fix it did not yield nothing, I had to go with a different tuner. It took me a month with no success. Countless calls to the manager and all he did was give the performance shop and I the run around.
I would never deal with them again!
My car is now tuned by OE tuning. We had to copy and modify the Lingenfelter tune to fix the air to fuel ratio. Now the car is a lot more responsive and fast. I spanked a c6 z06 on a 40mph roll by 4 car lengths the other day.
I Have a tread titled "slow 2014 lingelfelter stage 2 ZL1" where I have pictures of my dyno graph before and after the lingenfelter tune.
I plan on buying a set of slicks so I can run the quarter mile to see what she runs. I tried but all the car does is wheel hop like crazy. The tires are just not cooperating.
Let me know if you have questions.
jalloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 08:29 AM   #16
manumathew

Drives: 2014 camaro zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by alssiri View Post
Pm'd you.

Ahmad
Went to mohannath to get the tune. Amazed at what sort of work the guys at liberty did. The intercooler pump was plumbed in the wrong direction when the pump itself has clear direction indications. The boost a pump was also wired wrong. It was missing the boost reference.
Did the dyno pull but after like 4k the fuel pressure was dropping. Got to get that also fixed.
Wld update you as soon as everything is sorted out
manumathew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 08:32 AM   #17
manumathew

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalloor View Post
Did lingenfelter build the car? Or did you order the parts from them and have a shop do the install?
I had the same issue with them. I have a 2014 with a stage 2 that was installed by a performance shop around my way. After they installed the tune and ran it on the dyno the installer found out that the car was running very rich. It was so rich that air to fuel reading was off the scale. It was beyond the sensors measuring parameters. After numerous efforts of trying to get them to fix it did not yield nothing, I had to go with a different tuner. It took me a month with no success. Countless calls to the manager and all he did was give the performance shop and I the run around.
My car is now tuned by OE tuning. We had to copy and modify the Lingenfelter tune to fix the air to fuel ratio. Now the car is a lot more responsive and fast. I spanked a c6 z06 on a 40mph roll by 4 car lengths the other day.
I Have a tread titled "slow 2014 lingelfelter stage 2 ZL1" where I have pictures of my dyno graph before and after the lingenfelter tune.
I plan on buying a set of slicks so I can run the quarter mile to see what she runs. I tried but all the car does is wheel hop like crazy. The tires are just not cooperating.

Hey buddy, are you having any heat soak issues. What all did u add other than the Lingenfelter kit. What rwhp are you at ?
Old 08-18-2014, 08:35 AM   #18
manumathew

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalloor View Post
Got the kit done by liberty motorsports UAE.
Tuning is currently being done at dyno king
Old 08-18-2014, 08:38 AM   #19
manumathew

Quote:
Originally Posted by alssiri View Post
Tuning & heat soak for sure , let him check your iat2 .

Ahmad
The iat2 was at around 120°c . I asked the guy at liberty and he said it is normal. Hmmm
When I went to mohannath he said it shouldn't go beyond 90 at full boost
Old 08-18-2014, 08:56 AM   #20
jon6.0
Going for Plaid

Drives: 2011 C6
Normal IAT2 on a stock car is about 10-14F above ambient temp while cruising steady state. Yesterday it was 105F on my way to work. IAT2 was 117F while going 80mph. I did a pull to the top of 4th gear and it got to 140F. As you spin the blower faster those temps will go up. That's why people add blower coolant reservoirs and bigger blower coolant heat exchangers. I think the heat exchangers with fans are dumb as once you are moving they would just be an airflow restriction. I also don't like the real thick heat exchangers. I live in Phoenix where it almost gets as hot as you guys. I plan on getting the Ron Davis heat exchanger and the D3PE coolant reservoir.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=357226

Serviced and modded by Cordes Performance.

2011 C6, 750rwhp, forged LS3, ported LSA heads, Vortech Ti-trim, 227/243 115+4 Lunati cam, ported LS3 intake, Alky Control methanol, Pfadt sways/shocks/trans mounts, Pfadt tri-y headers(Sold 6/28/14)
jon6.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 04:27 PM   #21
jalloor

Drives: 2014 black zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by manumathew View Post
Hey buddy, are you having any heat soak issues. What all did u add other than the Lingenfelter kit. What rwhp are you at ?
I did not add anything else but what comes with the stage 2 kit. I'm putting down 550hp on a dyno tech. Which is about what I should be getting.
All in all I gained 100hp over factory. My base line before the install was 448hp which is pretty lower than what is advertised from the factory. With the LIngenfelter tune I dynoed 510hp, but after OE tuned it I dyneod 550hp. A gain of 40hp over the lingenfelter just from fixing the rich fuel mixture.
jalloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 10:45 PM   #22
JamesZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 A6 Camaro, 2015 C7 A6 Z51
My dad has the same thing...2013 ZL1 with the Lingenfelter 700HP package. It was done by Lingenfelter. We took both of our ZL1's to the track and on slicks he was only able to do a 12.4 @ 107 MPH. It was hot out that day, but that car should be allot stronger IMO. My ZL1 (see mods in signature) was able to run a 12.018 @ 120 MPH and my power is turned down because I am still running stock injectors. He is going to take it to a tuner and see what they can figure out.
Roto-Fab CAI, Texas Speed Headers, Texas Speed X-Pipe, Texas Speed LS3-B Blower Cam, Metco 9.10" Crank Pulley, Metco 2.5 Upper Pulley, ID 850 Injectors, LPE Ported Throttle Body, Alky Control Methanol kit, E2 Catch Can, 610HP / 608 Torque.
JamesZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 06:43 AM   #23
Emvici

Drives: 2014 ZL1 White Convertible
I am a computer programmer by trade, so I can tell you, its all about the right having the right ecu file. When it is dyno tuned they are trying to "tune the file" if you have an awesome file that is exactly right for the parts you have in your car then of course you could just flash the file into the ecu.
Emvici is offline   Reply With Quote