Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-18-2019, 08:07 PM   #29
BRMike

Drives: 2017 Corvette
Pontiac also had a great commercial for the 2004 GTO (of course, I'm partial). The commercial shows a GTO roll up to a red light on a deserted city street at night. The light turns green, but the GTO remains still as the camera rotates around the idling car. The light goes to yellow, then back to red. Just then a BMW 3 series rolls along side the GTO at the red light. Then, the camera fades out and you just hear the tires screeching.

I'm sure it's on YouTube somewhere. Probably couldn't air such a commercial in this day and age.
2018 Kenetic Blue Metallic Chevrolet Colorado Z71 Crew Cab (8A)
BRMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 08:20 PM   #30
13vertss

Drives: 2013 Camaro convertible 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18LTLoveIt View Post
Saw the Silverado ad, was nice to see an individual ad again. Imagine one on Camaro, ahhh
I loved the Jeff Gordon one. That would be sweet to see another one.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2EfmyAgFSfQ
13vertss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 08:33 AM   #31
laynlo15

Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
I agree, shitty ads with the JD Power crap. They need something exciting but they've become a boring company and believe me I'm a GM guy all the way. The new Chevy Truck adds are really pretty good. This guy that's been doing all the other adds needs to find a new job and so do the marketing departments.
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 09:35 AM   #32
indyz

Drives: 2SS, CT-R, LC500
I owned a 2005 GTO. I'm all for GM too. Have been for 25 years. Just wished GM would treat their customers better. Their dealers are too far gone to be fixed.

I couldn't care less about whether their ads are good or not. My cousin brother (hardcore BMW fan) is signing up for a camaro despite the A8 issues (I may have influenced him ) . Imagine how many people would sign up if GM car owners had good things to say about their GM experience.
indyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 12:28 PM   #33
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRMike View Post
Pontiac also had a great commercial for the 2004 GTO (of course, I'm partial). The commercial shows a GTO roll up to a red light on a deserted city street at night. The light turns green, but the GTO remains still as the camera rotates around the idling car. The light goes to yellow, then back to red. Just then a BMW 3 series rolls along side the GTO at the red light. Then, the camera fades out and you just hear the tires screeching.

I'm sure it's on YouTube somewhere. Probably couldn't air such a commercial in this day and age.
and here you go...…

Old 01-19-2019, 12:32 PM   #34
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyz View Post
I owned a 2005 GTO. I'm all for GM too. Have been for 25 years. Just wished GM would treat their customers better. Their dealers are too far gone to be fixed.

I couldn't care less about whether their ads are good or not. My cousin brother (hardcore BMW fan) is signing up for a Camaro despite the A8 issues (I may have influenced him ) . Imagine how many people would sign up if GM car owners had good things to say about their GM experience.
Hard for me to understand these comments. I've had really great service on our GM vehicles. My SS, current Lacrosse and our last two Cadillac ATS. Nothing but great service experiences for us.

Yep Cadillac is better for the loaner vehicle but that's what you expect from a luxury brand. But nothing to complain about, knock on wood.
Old 01-19-2019, 12:37 PM   #35
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laynlo15 View Post
I agree, shitty ads with the JD Power crap. They need something exciting but they've become a boring company and believe me I'm a GM guy all the way. The new Chevy Truck adds are really pretty good. This guy that's been doing all the other adds needs to find a new job and so do the marketing departments.
You need to understand that GM has BIG issues with each of their brands right now.

Forget the fact for a moment that you love the Camaro (you come here to participate) and then think of what Chevrolet means to you.

Now go out to the East or West Coast where from a car standpoint GM had less than 10% market share last data I saw. Maine to Miami, Seattle to San Diego. GM is known only as a company that makes trucks.

So the commercials they are airing today are simply trying to overcome a view that is the hangover from the 80s and 90s when GM did in fact make crappy cars. For the few years I worked for Nissan in the early 90s, we had two benchmarking days. One for product features and quality, the other for cost. GM vehicles were only evaluated for cost reduction opportunities. None were evaluated for features or quality. Nissan only viewed GM products as examples of cheap, but did not view them as real competitor for product.

You want ads that excite you about a specific product.

GM NEEDS ads that convey that Chevrolet makes great cars and trucks again.

Judge them for people that don't even know GM makes cars, not from the POV of an enthusiast that already loves at least one GM car.

When GM wins that battle, I'm sure you'll see more individual ads. In the meantime they have a bigger problem.
Old 01-19-2019, 02:50 PM   #36
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
You need to understand that GM has BIG issues with each of their brands right now.

Forget the fact for a moment that you love the Camaro (you come here to participate) and then think of what Chevrolet means to you.

Now go out to the East or West Coast where from a car standpoint GM had less than 10% market share last data I saw. Maine to Miami, Seattle to San Diego. GM is known only as a company that makes trucks.

So the commercials they are airing today are simply trying to overcome a view that is the hangover from the 80s and 90s when GM did in fact make crappy cars. For the few years I worked for Nissan in the early 90s, we had two benchmarking days. One for product features and quality, the other for cost. GM vehicles were only evaluated for cost reduction opportunities. None were evaluated for features or quality. Nissan only viewed GM products as examples of cheap, but did not view them as real competitor for product.

You want ads that excite you about a specific product.

GM NEEDS ads that convey that Chevrolet makes great cars and trucks again.

Judge them for people that don't even know GM makes cars, not from the POV of an enthusiast that already loves at least one GM car.

When GM wins that battle, I'm sure you'll see more individual ads. In the meantime they have a bigger problem.
Hi we have never meet, i know you know a lot more then me about the car bizz, with that said, i think you guys dont know people that well, you need to motivate them to by GM cars and trucks, you where doing that to some % in 2009-2015 on the camaro line, and now your not, this is partly price you cant control, in part IMO the new car is to small and still to heavy, no one knows how to make ads that bring people in to see the cars, all but a small amount of the dealers are a wast of time, you walk in and fell the slime come out as they start to talk.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote