Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-02-2019, 12:38 PM   #57
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Drives: 18 Flex Fuel LTG
You guys that have mods, and want a tune, but are worried about warranty.
Check out Vermont tuning. He offers a tune masking service. It works. I have verified it myself, also, recently a friend of mine was involved in a buyback situation, he had Brians masking service. No problems what so ever.

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----
cooper1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 12:48 PM   #58
irobles3680

Drives: 2017 2.0 Camaro LT
Very interesting, I’ll definitely check that out, any idea on pricing for Vermont tuning with that masking service?
irobles3680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 12:57 PM   #59
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Drives: 18 Flex Fuel LTG
http://www.vermonttuning.com/product...tuning-system/
Be sure to check mark the warranty guard box

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----
cooper1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 01:12 PM   #60
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
You can reverse Trifecta's tune back to stock with no trace as well.
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 08:00 PM   #61
irobles3680

Btw guys racechip responded saying “You will have no issues running the RaceChip with those bolt ons mods. You will see further increases to the performance with the improved air flow.

The ONLY downside will be if you have the cat-less down pipe. The RaceChip CANNOT remove the engine light that will appear from the removed cat. If you have the catted version then there is nothing to worry about and no engine light will appear. ”
Old 01-07-2019, 12:22 PM   #62
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:
Originally Posted by irobles3680 View Post
Btw guys racechip responded saying “You will have no issues running the RaceChip with those bolt ons mods. You will see further increases to the performance with the improved air flow.

The ONLY downside will be if you have the cat-less down pipe. The RaceChip CANNOT remove the engine light that will appear from the removed cat. If you have the catted version then there is nothing to worry about and no engine light will appear. ”
Even that's questionable, the catted aftermarket down pipe. Some people still get codes even with a high flow cat on there.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 11:30 PM   #63
SUN

Drives: Camaro 2.0 2017 8 speeds
I have a friend with a stock Equinox 2018 with 2.0 LTG,does it fit for this appliccation?
SUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 06:01 PM   #64
irobles3680

Well I decide to give this a shot and complete fail, I’m no mechanic but I can follow directions and do bolt on mods easily. Right after install notice the car started weird, kind of like a pause before starting, said w.e. I was let it sit and idle on mode 5 and drove around to get the chip to be recognized and work. Everything seemed fine but no power gains noticed, raised it to 6 and start to feel a weird lag in throttle when I stepped on it and shifts felt to hard, I’m not perfect shifter on manual trans but you definitely get a big clunk when changed gears, I still said w.e maybe I just shifting bad. After only a quick 10 minute drive to gym, I got check engine light. I let it sit again for 10-15min and nothing cleared so I cleared it myself using obd2, it made my engine like stall out as I was clearing it, code was something about my intake manifold sensor(btw the the manifold sensor was maxed out in my obd2 reading over 37psi) I was driving it home and then reduced engine power came up at that point I started getting mad, so I got home , followed the tuning instructions they had and uninstalling and reinstalled 3 times and nothing. Maybe I had a bad unit but I’m not even going to risk it, I’m returning this product right away and have reached out to racechip, I was skeptical at first to get this and I know the I told you do speeches are coming but gave it a shot. It did not work and I don’t want another, racechip lost there credibility to me. Maybe it’s just my car idk but thought I share my experience.

Model was gts highest one and running 93 octane, once removed everything ran fine
Old 01-11-2019, 06:45 AM   #65
whiskeyfed
Pat

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT I4 Turbo A8
Quote:
Well I decide to give this a shot and complete fail, I’m no mechanic but I can follow directions and do bolt on mods easily. Right after install notice the car started weird, kind of like a pause before starting, said w.e. I was let it sit and idle on mode 5 and drove around to get the chip to be recognized and work. Everything seemed fine but no power gains noticed, raised it to 6 and start to feel a weird lag in throttle when I stepped on it and shifts felt to hard, I’m not perfect shifter on manual trans but you definitely get a big clunk when changed gears, I still said w.e maybe I just shifting bad. After only a quick 10 minute drive to gym, I got check engine light. I let it sit again for 10-15min and nothing cleared so I cleared it myself using obd2, it made my engine like stall out as I was clearing it, code was something about my intake manifold sensor(btw the the manifold sensor was maxed out in my obd2 reading over 37psi) I was driving it home and then reduced engine power came up at that point I started getting mad, so I got home , followed the tuning instructions they had and uninstalling and reinstalled 3 times and nothing. Maybe I had a bad unit but I’m not even going to risk it, I’m returning this product right away and have reached out to racechip, I was skeptical at first to get this and I know the I told you do speeches are coming but gave it a shot. It did not work and I don’t want another, racechip lost there credibility to me. Maybe it’s just my car idk but thought I share my experience.

Model was gts highest one and running 93 octane, once removed everything ran fine
Aside from the racechip, do you often clear DTCs with the engine running? This is probably not a good thing to make a habit of. Sorry to hear about your bad experience though. That sucks, Are you going to pursue an actual tune or are you calling it quits after this?

Subscribe on YouTube Whiskeyfed Camaro

Follow my Build Thread The WhiskeyFed Camaro

Current Modifications: JacFab Boost-O-Lator, Injen Evolution CAI, ZZP Catless Downpipe, RPM 3" Charge Pipe, Mishimoto Oil Filtration/Coolant Systems, R1 Concepts Brakes Package, Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs, PTP Lava Exhaust Wrap & Turbo Blanket

DYNO SHEET: 297whp / 374wtq
Tuned by #danytechtuning
whiskeyfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 09:32 AM   #66
irobles3680

Yea I usually would clear them while running, I tried without running but they don’t go away, but it never made the car hesitate like when I clear the racechip code. Definitely gonna seek a real tune instead, tbh I think the unit I got was like used or something, It had like dust all on it when I first opened it.
Old 01-13-2019, 02:27 PM   #67
RaceChip

Drives: Camaro 2.0 Turbo
Quote:

I am sorry to hear about your bad experience.

Your description sounds like something went wrong during installation. RaceChip has a very good customer service that can be reached writing to support@racechip.us
They will guide you through trouble shooting and solve the issue.

The fail save mode and CELs are triggered e.g. when people don't wait (about 10 min) until the electricity is gone before disconnecting plugs or connecting plugs in the wrong orientation. This can ben solved very easily by checking the pictures of your connected plugs (especially the intake manifold pressure sensor in your case) and using the "deactivation plug" to check for issues (the deactivation plug is just looping the signals through. If there is still an issue, the plugs are not connected correctly). Of course, we also check whether there is anything wrong with the product and replace it by a new one.
RaceChip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 01:20 PM   #68
irobles3680

No thanks. I will be returning the product, waiting for your customer service to email me return label
Old 01-31-2019, 12:44 PM   #69
EWard

Drives: 2019 Camaro RBM M6 LTG 1LS
Quote:
No thanks. I will be returning the product, waiting for your customer service to email me return label
Did the return go smooth? Any problems with the return label or credit card return credit.

I'm still on the fence, really want to give RaceChips a try.
EWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 01:28 PM   #70
irobles3680

Nope still have not got my refund, they took like 2 weeks to send me a return label and I shipped it right away but UPS sent it back to saying it was missing something so now I just reached out to them again, it’s quite frustrating tbh. Waiting for there respond now, their customer service is flawed as they take 2 business days to reply and there is no number you can call. My advice is skip out but hey maybe you’ll get better luck. Plus they charging me a shipping fee when it clearly states free returns and it’s a defective product. Idc at this point I just want my money back