Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

AWE Tuning

Old 07-06-2019, 09:21 AM   #15
Ethanolic
Banned

Drives: F150
You don’t just set a fastest lap for a model while on your lunch break while testing chassis dynamics. You plan it in advance and many ducks must line in a row for you to have even a chance of accomplishing it.
Ethanolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 05:03 PM   #16
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
You say that as if there is no Camaro marketing. NASCAR would disagree.
NASCAR? Seriously? If that's where GM is hanging its Camaro hat, it's no wonder sales are horrible.

Longtime NASCAR fans lament its decline and hope for turnaround

NASCAR has a problem, and drivers aren't sure how to fix it

What NASCAR's Declining Popularity Can Teach Us About Responding to a Changing Market

NASCAR Fans Are Racing Away From The Sport Even Faster

I count myself among the former fans that lost interest and left the sport.
Old 07-06-2019, 05:19 PM   #17
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
I just tune in to see how empty the stands are. Btw anyone noticed many tracks have removed a lot of bleachers the past 5 yrs?
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 05:23 PM   #18
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXSSCE View Post

Ditto.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 06:52 PM   #19
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Quote:
You say that as if there is no Camaro marketing. NASCAR would disagree.
And GM in IMSA w/Cadillac, Chevy in Indy Cars, Camaros dominating Funny Cars...
Old 07-06-2019, 07:53 PM   #20
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXSSCE View Post
NASCAR? Seriously? If that's where GM is hanging its Camaro hat, it's no wonder sales are horrible.

Longtime NASCAR fans lament its decline and hope for turnaround

NASCAR has a problem, and drivers aren't sure how to fix it

What NASCAR's Declining Popularity Can Teach Us About Responding to a Changing Market

NASCAR Fans Are Racing Away From The Sport Even Faster

Calm down. NASCAR is one, extremely visible, place where GM is spending its marketing money on the Camaro. Our CamaroFest is another, less visible (to the general public) place. SEMA is somewhere in between. There are other ways too. The point is, people on this site act as if there isn't a dime being spent on marketing the Camaro because the members of this forum aren't seeing the same commercial on TV 10 times a night.

And NASCAR isn't particularly unique in its attendance/viewership issues. Baseball is down too. And football. And hockey. Not sure about basketball. Pro wrestling is down (even though its not a sport, its still a weekly event of a couple hours in length performed live in front of thousands). TV viewership as a whole is down. Not to say NASCAR doesn't have its own issues, but they're facing a much bigger trend that nobody knows how to solve.

All that said, I really wish NASCAR would do away with the 'Chase' entirely. It won't fix everything, but it is probably the simplest thing they could do to improve things.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 01:55 PM   #21
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:
All that said, I really wish NASCAR would do away with the 'Chase' entirely.
And that rule that puts a car back on the lead lap after a caution (or some other reason; I'm not sure).

And that idea of splitting the race up into segments.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 01:55 PM   #22
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
Calm down. NASCAR is one, extremely visible, place where GM is spending its marketing money on the Camaro. Our CamaroFest is another, less visible (to the general public) place. SEMA is somewhere in between. There are other ways too. The point is, people on this site act as if there isn't a dime being spent on marketing the Camaro because the members of this forum aren't seeing the same commercial on TV 10 times a night.
Alright, if they're spending loads of advertising money and it's at NASCAR, CamaroFest, SEMA, etc., they're spending it in all the wrong places. Chevrolet needs to advertise to the masses, similar to what Ford and Dodge are doing. Don't take my word for it, let the sales figures speak for themselves.
Old 07-07-2019, 07:01 PM   #23

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3

Well, it looks like four new Vettes are at the 'Ring now....The Corvette reveal is coming up soon. I think it would be a shame if they didn't go for a record Ring time. Why else would they be there now with four cars? Seems a little late to be just beginning other various tests at this date....The C8 needs a 'Ring time for it's reveal would be my guess.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 08:58 AM   #24
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by xc_SS/RS View Post
Name one track that comes close to the elevation changes and climate regions of the 'Ring.
Mont Tremblant, Road America, Palmer Motorsports Park, Club Motorsport in New Hampshire, Watkins Glen, Mosport, etc
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 09:21 AM   #25
rocket403

Drives: 80 Cutlass 403, 2010 FF RT
GM has no clue how to market the Camaro, unless you count the Korean TV add that I seen, 1st thing GM should do is watch the Dodge TV adds then ask themselves WTF have we done.
rocket403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 01:13 PM   #26
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
R&T has an interview with test engineer Jim Mero. Apparently they ran afoul of Cap. Murphy: anything that could go wrong, did. In short, since 2013 they had problems with

• Weather [this was during the Z/28 wet lap]
  • Crashed car on damp track [different trip than above]
  • Marketing said no
  • Crashed another car
  • Cameras didn't record lap
  • PDR video froze
  • 'Ring protocols changed

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cul...ero-interview/

The piece has a bunch of claimed times for Z51 Stingray through ZR1.
Very interesting article. At least to me it showed they did try multiple times to get C7 times. That was always my thing, is how many times they went back with the C6 and got new times why didn't they try with the C7. They did we just didn't know about it.

I do think a few of things he mentioned kind of put a damper on ring times though. especially when they got a clean recorded lap, but because it didn't beat the porche time they didn't want to release it.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 03:00 PM   #27
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
Mont Tremblant, Road America, Palmer Motorsports Park, Club Motorsport in New Hampshire, Watkins Glen, Mosport, etc
Nurburgring elevation change is close to 1k feet from the lowest point to the highest. The biggest difference of those is about 200 feet.

None of those listed are large enough to have little climate regions. I understand that this one is a character trait of the region, but it's also why most mfr's will test there. Can't replicate the conditions anywhere else. On some days you could encounter rain, sun, snow, and hail all in one lap.
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote