Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 11-15-2015, 11:12 PM   #1
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
LGX Engine Details

GM Powertrain has updated their product guide to include 2016 info
www.gmpowertrain.com

Here is the 'official' engine dyno chart for the 2016 Camaro LGX:
Name:  2016_LGX_36LV6VVT_CAM_061715.jpg
Views: 10928
Size:  83.1 KB

Highlights:

• Stronger, stiffer aluminum block with increased structure in the bulkheads for superior rigidity
  • Tough, refined rotating assembly with a stiff forged-steel crankshaft
  • Friction-reducing polymer-coated pistons
  • Strong high-copper-content, sinter-forged connecting rods
  • New four-cam phasing system with intermediate park technology that enhances efficiency by enabling late inlet valve closing in certain conditions
  • All-new, patented “targeted” cooling system that provides strategic cooling of the engine’s hottest areas while simultaneously fostering faster warm-up to enhance efficiency
  • New, higher-flow cylinder heads that enhance direct injection performance and feature integrated exhaust manifolds
  • Revised, simplified timing drive system with cushioned chain sprockets contributes to quieter engine operation
  • All-new lubrication system with a variable-displacement, two-stage oil pump that enhances efficiency
  • Cylinder deactivation temporarily deactivates two cylinders in light-load driving conditions for better fuel economy

Overview
The all-new 3.6L V-6 engine debuts in the 2016 model year, ushering in new benchmarks for efficiency, refinement and durability. The clean-sheet engine redesign represents the fourth generation of GM’s acclaimed DOHC V-6 engine family and incorporates new features, including Active Fuel Management (cylinder deactivation) and stop/start technology to enhance fuel economy. The new 3.6L also advances performance- and fuel economy-optimizing technologies introduced on previous generations, including direct injection and continuously variable valve timing.

Engine Specs:

Name:  LGX Engine Details.jpg
Views: 7515
Size:  112.1 KB
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 11:16 PM   #2
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
And for those that want to do a comparison, here is the outgoing LFX V6:

Name:  2015_GM_CAM_3_6L_V_6_LFX.jpg
Views: 8350
Size:  81.5 KB

It is very annoying that GM can't seem to pick a consistent scale to do these dyno charts with
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 07:15 AM   #3
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
And for those that want to do a comparison, here is the outgoing LFX V6:

Attachment 756400

It is very annoying that GM can't seem to pick a consistent scale to do these dyno charts with
Isn't that the truth. It is hard to tell which one makes more torque at 2500 RPM, but at least that dip at 2000 RPM appears to be gone in the LGX.
Old 11-16-2015, 09:18 AM   #4
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
It's amazing what GM is doing with it's V6 direct injected engines.

Going to be interesting if this version is "mod" friendly. The last LFX engine was great but you could not do much with it besides basic bolt on's.
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 04:26 PM   #5
Mark114

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Agreed that the curves don't look right when they are scaled so HP and TQ don't intersect at 5,200 RPM.
Mark114 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 04:44 PM   #6
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark114 View Post
Agreed that the curves don't look right when they are scaled so HP and TQ don't intersect at 5,200 RPM.
Yeah, not sure why they do that for engines where peak HP and TQ are so close to each other. If it was an Indy Car engine, I could understand it.
Old 07-10-2016, 09:55 PM   #7
Ace01

Drives: 2018 1LE SS "Silver Bullet"
Man this new engine pulls strong all they way up the RPM range.
Ace01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 12:21 PM   #8
Buzzberd6

Drives: 2LT/1LE, HPCRX, F250(tow vehicle)
While do like this engine and the improvements that GM made over the previous LFX, I'm still not sure I'm convinced about those new cylinder heads.
Siamesed exhaust ports?

https://youtu.be/D2Gd2IzJaFM?list=PL...A36opSvhJEs1hr

I understand 'why' they did it, easier to slap some turbos on there, even though they never mention that in this video. But I can't help but think those heads would flow a whole lot better with some real, individual exhaust ports.

On the plus side, it's going to be ridiculously easy to make a header for 'em! If it's even needed.
Buzzberd6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 01:34 PM   #9
Lukemo

Drives: '17 1LT RS V6 6M NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
All-new, patented “targeted” cooling system that provides strategic cooling of the engine’s hottest areas while simultaneously fostering faster warm-up to enhance efficiency
I don't know about you all, but I've def noticed how fast this engine warms up. Within 15-20 seconds of starting it, I'll see the temp. needle start to move. Then, a mile down the road, it's nearly completely warm. Crazy.
Lukemo is offline   Reply With Quote