Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-29-2018, 12:50 AM   #15
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Have same issue after my cam install, my coolant gauge seems to work, not stuck on min. Fan run on max, even after car shut off, a/c is off
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 05:26 PM   #16
Eldi Z

Drives: 17' 1SS 1LE GBA-Black
Carefully check wiring to the coolant sensor and radiator fan. Might be that during the cam install some wires / connectors got misplaced. Disconnect and reconnect the plastic connectors and check them inside to verify that all the wires are seated properly. and also the connectors on the sensors. Good Luck and please update us on your findings. You should not continue driving like this...
Eldi Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 11:58 AM   #17
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
I unplugged and replugged the MAF extension cable and all is well, fan turns off when car turns off. Also the Procharger kit has the MAF jammed tightly against the fan housing. IMO this will lead to problems later. I've tried several times to gain more room....

As noted the air intake temp sensor is in the MAF and if it is not hooked up, it thinks the temp is like 200 degrees..
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 08:08 PM   #18
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
Mine does this if I give it a long spirited pull on the highway.
Fan goes full speed. Temp gauge drops. No A/C. And no Rev match...paddles no worky.
Fan stays on for 5 minutes or more after shutoff.

I get a coolant temp sender code.(forget what one)

I can reset it and everything works.
Daily driving is fine. A little spirited driving is fine.
But as soon as I mash the pedal for 5-10 seconds....Bam. Fan on high, etc. Yes, only 5 seconds or so...going well over 100mph at that point.

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 06:22 PM   #19
Eldi Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfordCamaro View Post
Mine does this if I give it a long spirited pull on the highway.
Fan goes full speed. Temp gauge drops. No A/C. And no Rev match...paddles no worky.
Fan stays on for 5 minutes or more after shutoff.

I get a coolant temp sender code.(forget what one)

I can reset it and everything works.
Daily driving is fine. A little spirited driving is fine.
But as soon as I mash the pedal for 5-10 seconds....Bam. Fan on high, etc. Yes, only 5 seconds or so...going well over 100mph at that point.
Did you have any 3rd party electronics installed, or been next to the OBD connector wires in any way? Also, check your connectors inside the engine bay. Coolant sensor, Rad fan, MAF
Old 06-01-2018, 07:18 PM   #20
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldi Z View Post
Did you have any 3rd party electronics installed, or been next to the OBD connector wires in any way? Also, check your connectors inside the engine bay. Coolant sensor, Rad fan, MAF
Well. Does ported TB & Intake, Cam, Heads, Headers and CAI count

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 05:48 PM   #21
Eldi Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfordCamaro View Post
Well. Does ported TB & Intake, Cam, Heads, Headers and CAI count
Don't think so... this is all non-electrical as far as I understand. What I am referring to, is an effect on the OBD wiring going to the various microprocessors of the ECM, BCM, TCM, Etc. and their related sensors
Old 06-03-2018, 06:27 PM   #22
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Serial data line?
Old 06-08-2018, 02:14 PM   #23
Eldi Z

The phenomena did not re-occur for a couple of weeks - until today!

Situation as follows:

- Drove the car as usual, all normal for ~ half hour

- Stopped somewhere to eat for ~ 1 hour and when I started the engine it happened again!
Fan full blast, Temp gauge pegged on Min. / Low (although true Temp. is expected to be higher: I.E. normal for Temp. coolant restarting the engine after ~ 1 hour at ambient of ~ 80F). AC compressor would not kick in either
= "Safe Mode"

- Stopped the engine and fan keeps on running full blast, even after closing and locking the doors.

- Opened the door again after ~ 30 seconds, started the engine and everything back to normal:
Fan not blowing full blast any longer and Coolant Temp. gauge displaying normal Temp. ~ 195. Drove for another 15 minutes. stopped (and stopped the engine) at a gas station to fill her up. Started the engine and all is still O.K. and normal.

This random behavior is driving me insane - What is going on here? What can it be? Anyone who can add details / encountered it and got it solved - Please chime in.
Old 10-10-2018, 05:27 PM   #24
Randall08

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS
I’m having all the same issues and I have no idea
Randall08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 06:47 AM   #25
Eldi Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall08 View Post
I’m having all the same issues and I have no idea
Maybe my update is going to help you further:

After replacing the ECT at the dealership, the issue still reoccurred - did not help.

So after another thorough research of all connectors, the dealership electrician identified that in one of the related ECT circuitry connectors (not sure if it was actually the 2-wire ECT connector itself, or a different one - need to ask him..) - one of the internal metal pinches (I.E. that seat on the sensor's pins) was gaped too wide and as a result the connection became intermittent.
He closed the gap so that a steady connection formed on the sensor pins. Since then, no more problems

Conclusion: Always CAREFULLY inspect the connectors (inside, wires, plastic, Etc.). They occasionally prove to be a culprit and are usually easy to fix / replace
Old 10-12-2018, 09:46 AM   #26
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldi Z View Post
Maybe my update is going to help you further:

After replacing the ECT at the dealership, the issue still reoccurred - did not help.

So after another thorough research of all connectors, the dealership electrician identified that in one of the related ECT circuitry connectors (not sure if it was actually the 2-wire ECT connector itself, or a different one - need to ask him..) - one of the internal metal pinches (I.E. that seat on the sensor's pins) was gaped too wide and as a result the connection became intermittent.
He closed the gap so that a steady connection formed on the sensor pins. Since then, no more problems

Conclusion: Always CAREFULLY inspect the connectors (inside, wires, plastic, Etc.). They occasionally prove to be a culprit and are usually easy to fix / replace
Your condition is not something you can see with your eyes.
You have to take known good male/female wiring terminals and use them to test the suspect terminals.

Glad your issue is resolved and you can enjoy your car in peace.

Old 10-12-2018, 05:00 PM   #27
Eldi Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
Your condition is not something you can see with your eyes.
You have to take known good male/female wiring terminals and use them to test the suspect terminals.

Glad your issue is resolved and you can enjoy your car in peace.

Thanks. I am free from this plaguing fault for 2& half months now and really happy. It was annoying as hell
I guess that this is what the Diag-Electrician at the dealers actually did. He probably used a GM tool specialized for testing connectors.

HOWEVER, with a good eye it is possible to spot the pinch-terminal's condition comparing with others - and in any case, it is possible to go through all the suspected ones and crimp them tight with tweezers