Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-01-2020, 05:57 PM   #57
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
AWE makes great systems and the touring sounds great with no drone, but it is too loud for me at this point. If they had a valved system I may be a buyer, but I can't see there being much value in them offering NPP functionality either. Factory system is pretty tame too, NPP functionality on that makes less sense than the louder aftermarket systems for sure.

Often times things we don't understand seem silly. I live in a place where the functionality of valves is very useful and valuable. We all love loud sometimes, but other times it creates problems or undesired attention for some of us. That said, from the OP's standpoint I do agree with your sentiment and comments based on what he wants.

I think the Borla-S sounds much better, so it's a moot point anyway.
There are plenty of guys one here that start with one thing & as things progress it becomes a much different beast than what it started off as & things need to be toned down just to remain bearable. A scroll through old posts will reveal this.

I personally, for decades now, prefer a subdued 90% of the time, yet capable, system that sounds like a performance car should sound like but isn’t outright obnoxious 24/7. The obvious point is the fact a cop will give you a ticket in a heartbeat if he wants. I’ve been on the receiving end of that & it’s a PITA & I live in a state where it’s largely a non-issue.

Then there is the side of the coin of just being a dueche that you startle a sleeping baby in the back seat on the highway when simply passing. That happened to me once by an obnoxiously-exhausted Harley. It pisses you off to no end making you kick-a-puppy-mad & is just plain rude.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 06:23 PM   #58
CHASLT1

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
I would be happy with just louder. Maybe the Borla S type is what i will go with. My C6 pissed off and scared many drivers over the years. All i had to do is blip the gas and people were thinking i am reving at them. I see two Borla S type, one with the single tips for around $850 and then the double tips are a good bit more at around $1150

Wonder what vendor i should buy from? Seems i see bad things about many of them.
CHASLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 07:11 PM   #59
clg82

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLT1 View Post
I would be happy with just louder. Maybe the Borla S type is what i will go with. My C6 pissed off and scared many drivers over the years. All i had to do is blip the gas and people were thinking i am reving at them. I see two Borla S type, one with the single tips for around $850 and then the double tips are a good bit more at around $1150

Wonder what vendor i should buy from? Seems i see bad things about many of them.
If I may ask, where are you finding the cat back S type with dual tips for 1150.00?!?!?
Old 12-01-2020, 09:08 PM   #60
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Quote:

I purchased mine from SS-exhaust.com.

Best price I could find at the time, in stock, good communication & prompt shipping. No regerts.
Old 12-01-2020, 10:48 PM   #61
clg82

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1
So I just ordered the S Type Borla exhaust for my ZL1 and the install seems easy enough so I will probably attempt it in my garage. But just to verify a cat back exhaust should NOT void the factory GM warranty correct?
Old 12-01-2020, 10:52 PM   #62
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
So I just ordered the S Type Borla exhaust for my ZL1 and the install seems easy enough so I will probably attempt it in my garage. But just to verify a cat back exhaust should NOT void the factory GM warranty correct?
No it does not.

Did you get the NPP version?

Let me know how you like it compared to the NPP
Old 12-01-2020, 11:15 PM   #63
Azerlazer26

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post

Best price I could find at the time, in stock, good communication & prompt shipping. No regerts.
That would’ve been nice to know about 5 months ago LOL
Azerlazer26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 05:36 AM   #64
CHASLT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
If I may ask, where are you finding the cat back S type with dual tips for 1150.00?!?!?
I see them for $1,153.99. At LMperformance.com. I can't see how just the tips are worth 100's more.
Old 12-02-2020, 05:37 AM   #65
CHASLT1

Quote:

I will check them out. I am gonna order after the new year once all the crazy holiday shipping is over.
Old 12-02-2020, 07:44 AM   #66
jaybee924

Drives: R.I.P. 2021 ZL1 & 2019 Rd Garn 2SS
My friend has a Corsa that he's going to pull off his new to him car next week that he wants me to sell for him. It won't fit my 2nd gen ground effect car but I have a Solo system on it already anyway.
jaybee924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 08:04 AM   #67
Crushin_LT1

Drives: 2021 LT1 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybee924 View Post
My friend has a Corsa that he's going to pull off his new to him car next week that he wants me to sell for him. It won't fit my 2nd gen ground effect car but I have a Solo system on it already anyway.

Corsa NPP or which model?
Old 12-02-2020, 08:58 AM   #68
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
There are plenty of guys one here that start with one thing & as things progress it becomes a much different beast than what it started off as & things need to be toned down just to remain bearable. A scroll through old posts will reveal this.

I personally, for decades now, prefer a subdued 90% of the time, yet capable, system that sounds like a performance car should sound like but isn’t outright obnoxious 24/7. The obvious point is the fact a cop will give you a ticket in a heartbeat if he wants. I’ve been on the receiving end of that & it’s a PITA & I live in a state where it’s largely a non-issue.

Then there is the side of the coin of just being a dueche that you startle a sleeping baby in the back seat on the highway when simply passing. That happened to me once by an obnoxiously-exhausted Harley. It pisses you off to no end making you kick-a-puppy-mad & is just plain rude.
Exactly right, and that was me with my 5th Gen SS. With the help of a forum member I even rewired my NPP and added a controller to dictate the flaps and override the computer so the flaps were closed on cold start.

I loved that car, but the constant loudness got old quick. The cam just took it to a whole 'nother level!
Old 12-02-2020, 09:00 AM   #69
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
I will check them out. I am gonna order after the new year once all the crazy holiday shipping is over.
I have heard DynoSteve on here from JDP offers amazing prices on Borla. Borla has restrictions on how low a price a vendor can advertise, so contacting direct will result in a lower price than shown on the website.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=522499
Old 12-02-2020, 09:35 AM   #70
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
I have the Flowmaster NPP....I bought it for from a vendor here for $9xx.00 It is pretty good setup for the money. Significant volume/drone difference between Open/Closed and has a super deep tone. I have some vids I can post but if you don't listen through some real speakers instead of a phone then it's pointless.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote