Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-20-2020, 10:37 AM   #1
SSallday

Drives: ‘18 ZL1 / ‘22 ZLE
Tire setup for the ZLE?

I’m going to buy a set of OEM ZLE rims for my ZL1 soon. Based on what I’ve read, I think most people can agree that the Michelin 4s tires are one of the best options for these cars. Do the Michelin’s pick up a lot of stones?? Do any of you have an all season tire that performs well? I’m also considering 295/30/19 in the front instead of a 305 tire. I don’t daily or track my car so I’m not looking for maximum performance. What combinations/setups are you guys using?
SSallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 10:44 AM   #2
SJFGTO
Oh Oh it's Friday Night!

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE Nightfall Gray
Very happy with the PS4s. Really little if any difference in handling from stockers on the street. Much safer in the rain/cold. No, they do not pick up stones like the stock tires.
2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE NFG; ARH 2” headers, catless mids, ARH full exhaust, Lingenfelter 18% lower pulley, ATI Harmonic Balancer, Roto-fab CAI, EE-catch can, TM ported TB, NX Lid, BMR strut tower brace. Aeroforce dual pod interceptor gauges. Tuned by Vengeance Racing!!! 644 HP @ 6250 rpm / 689 trq @ 3660 rpm

Four that wanna own me
Two that wanna stone me
One says she's a friend of mine...
SJFGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 10:53 AM   #3
Rodan

Drives: 2018 ZL1 coupe
I'm running the Bridgestone RE980 A/S on our ZL1 and have been pretty happy with them on the street. Until recently, they were the only all season available in sizes that would fit the stock ZL1 wheels. Not sure about ZLE sizes...

I will probably replace them with the new Pilot Sport 4 All Season, which should be an excellent tire.

Summer tires will have better acceleration grip than all seasons, but a ZL1 can blow off most street tires at will anyway. The 'Stones I'm running have plenty of lateral grip to exceed prudent speeds on our mountain roads.

We switch to dedicated track tires for the track.
Rodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 11:01 AM   #4
Checkmate1

Drives: Garnet Red / ZL1 1LE
PS4S FTW
Old 11-20-2020, 11:04 AM   #5
Rodan

Drives: 2018 ZL1 coupe
Just be careful with any summer tire in cold weather (below 40-50*).
Rodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 09:37 PM   #6
SCCAForums

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro, Ford Mustang
Goodyear Supercar 3’s (non R)
Old 11-20-2020, 10:54 PM   #7
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJFGTO View Post
Very happy with the PS4s. Really little if any difference in handling from stockers on the street. Much safer in the rain/cold. No, they do not pick up stones like the stock tires.

My second set is PS4 and I actually wish I just had two sets of the 3Rs since so when I wear them out at the track it's an easy swap to keep going. I missed my last session a few weeks ago due to corded tires. But you're not tracking so PS4 is the way to go.

Not sure why you would want to go narrower in the front. The fenders are a bit wider on the ZLE and rocks don't seem to be an issue. 295 would be a tad bit shorter of a tire too.
Old 11-21-2020, 08:43 AM   #8
noodleface

Drives: '13 BRZ 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodan View Post
I'm running the Bridgestone RE980 A/S on our ZL1 and have been pretty happy with them on the street. Until recently, they were the only all season available in sizes that would fit the stock ZL1 wheels. Not sure about ZLE sizes...

I will probably replace them with the new Pilot Sport 4 All Season, which should be an excellent tire.

Summer tires will have better acceleration grip than all seasons, but a ZL1 can blow off most street tires at will anyway. The 'Stones I'm running have plenty of lateral grip to exceed prudent speeds on our mountain roads.

We switch to dedicated track tires for the track.

What size A/S tires are you running on the ZLE? I'm planning on ordering one in early 2021 but I live in Boston and will need to store it outside.
noodleface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 03:32 PM   #9
SSallday

Drives: ‘18 ZL1 / ‘22 ZLE
I think I’m going to get a set of Michelins. I don’t think they make an all season tire for the ZLE. Does anyone know where I can get a good deal on Black Friday?
SSallday is offline   Reply With Quote