#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-03-2021, 09:30 AM   #29
EvilZL

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ih82lose View Post
Well we took the trip to see the ZL1 and get in and out of it. It was a black convertable with only nav as an option. Unfortunately the Battery was off or dead as they put a hot box on the ground pin on the radiator support shaped like a stop sign and then the on the red pin under a cap next to the red battery cable and nothing happened. the seat back was tilted back, the seat bottom was all the way down with the front of the seat (were the back of your knees would rest) was tilted up. It was like sitting in a hole. There was a 2SS coupe next to it that after adjusting the seat it was easier to get in and out of then my vette. but I can definitely see the difference between the racing seat in the ZL1 and the 2 SS seat, I was disappointed the battery was dead and I could not see If I could adjust the seat to a comfortable position. My wife was turned off to this car immediately as there was a scuff mark in the right rear 1/4 panel probably because of some one with a purse or coat walking by.We stopped getting black cars because of how hard they are to keep perfect ,I figured with the new technology I could just get it ceramic coated and not have those problems . I absolutely loved the car. Chance ar if I could of adjusted the seat I would of purchased it . Who can say NO to a 650 hp car sitting in a show room
Yeah, too bad they couldn't have had another battery to put in for you so you could check everything out.
My 2018 ZL1 is Black and I had the paint correction done and everything ceramic coated, including the wheels and brake calipers, even the interior and that makes a big difference when cleaning and maintaining
My 4x4 truck is black and that is my daily and that is ceramic coated also.
I have had black vehicles even my Harley for the last 20+ years and they look sharp when maintained
Hope you can check out another one where you can adjust the seat and get a better feel for it.
EvilZL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 10:56 AM   #30
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ih82lose View Post
Well we took the trip to see the ZL1 and get in and out of it. It was a black convertable with only nav as an option. Unfortunately the Battery was off or dead as they put a hot box on the ground pin on the radiator support shaped like a stop sign and then the on the red pin under a cap next to the red battery cable and nothing happened. the seat back was tilted back, the seat bottom was all the way down with the front of the seat (were the back of your knees would rest) was tilted up. It was like sitting in a hole. There was a 2SS coupe next to it that after adjusting the seat it was easier to get in and out of then my vette. but I can definitely see the difference between the racing seat in the ZL1 and the 2 SS seat, I was disappointed the battery was dead and I could not see If I could adjust the seat to a comfortable position. My wife was turned off to this car immediately as there was a scuff mark in the right rear 1/4 panel probably because of some one with a purse or coat walking by.We stopped getting black cars because of how hard they are to keep perfect ,I figured with the new technology I could just get it ceramic coated and not have those problems . I absolutely loved the car. Chance ar if I could of adjusted the seat I would of purchased it . Who can say NO to a 650 hp car sitting in a show room
Many who have these Recaro seats say they break in a bit over time. Also, I don't see why a scuff mark on one panel would be a dealbreaker for a scorching hot ZL1 vert, you can always get that fixed to perfection one way or another, and it's a little bargaining chip, no pun intended.

One more thing about seats, the car has three seat memories, including one for exit position, it can be set to recall saved positions per key fob automatically, plus you can make it assume the exit position automatically when you kill the engine and open the door. These make ingress and egress much easier, along with seamless settings recall for two different drivers.

I set my exit position all the way back minus an inch, and as high as I can without bumping into the headliner. When I get in and press the start button, the seat slides forward and down on its own, augmenting the nice fighter jet cockpit feel I like about the car

Definitely try another one that has a working battery

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote