Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 05-09-2017, 07:06 PM   #15
Ipockalypse

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmoore23 View Post
You had a trade in too though, right?
Yes, I traded in my '13 SS; however, the ZL1 was listed at $55k either way. When I was looking to purchase...their prices would fluctuate from the low $60k's to the lowest I seen which was $54k. I purchased mine when it was listed at $55k...
Ipockalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 07:10 PM   #16
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkJunk420 View Post
Does anyone here besides me think its possible to get one of these amazing cars out the door brand new for $53,000 one day later down the line? For example if gm offers 20% off in October? Or am i crazy to think something like that?
No, you can't get it for this price.
and no your not crazy. Maybe if we lived in the bizzaro world than maybe we all could buy one for this price...........................

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 09:36 PM   #17
cooden

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS & '15 Durango R/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack46 View Post
No, you can't get it for this price.
and no your not crazy. Maybe if we lived in the bizzaro world than maybe we all could buy one for this price...........................
I bought my '16 2SS brand new for 33% off sticker. When GM has the 20% bonus tag for leftover models--you will be able to get a ZL1 for low $50K.
Old 05-09-2017, 11:25 PM   #18
Ian SS

Drives: 2016 1SS, 2017 JKU Wrangler
Last year the Camaro had a 20% off tag and the Corvette had a 10% off tag (if you got it for more off, the rest was dealer contribution).

During this time, the ZL1 wasn't available. With the factory cutting back on Camaro builds, I would be surprised honestly if they did a 20% this year. I would also be surprised if they included the ZL1 with the 20% off (I can see them doing 10% off).

2018 Ram Rebel 4x4 5.7
Ian SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 11:37 PM   #19
hashtag

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10/2018 GT350R #JR603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipockalypse View Post
Yes, I bought mine for $55k back in February at a dealership in Miami.

For a base 62 car? If not BS
Old 05-09-2017, 11:42 PM   #20
hashtag

20% off on select models. I "emphasize" the word select. Why would a dealer waste a tag on a ZL1 for a 20% off percent promotion. I highly doubt a dealer would waste a tag. I have never heard of a 20% ZO6. I have heard of 16% off on select stingrays. GM sets model guidelines when a dealer tag vehicles.
Old 05-09-2017, 11:44 PM   #21
hashtag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipockalypse View Post
Yes, I traded in my '13 SS; however, the ZL1 was listed at $55k either way. When I was looking to purchase...their prices would fluctuate from the low $60k's to the lowest I seen which was $54k. I purchased mine when it was listed at $55k...
Naturally there was a trade ��

So you got 4K off below GM employee pricing?
Old 05-10-2017, 12:14 AM   #22
mdmoore23

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hashtag View Post
20% off on select models. I "emphasize" the word select. Why would a dealer waste a tag on a ZL1 for a 20% off percent promotion. I highly doubt a dealer would waste a tag. I have never heard of a 20% ZO6. I have heard of 16% off on select stingrays. GM sets model guidelines when a dealer tag vehicles.
There were quite a few 20% off deals on 1LZ Z06's at the end of the 2016 model year. And go check Bomnin's website. They do offer hefty discounts on their website. Some of that may be dependent on incentives, but they have gotten allocated around 30 ZL1's for the 2017 model year. One of the workers there told me they are the nation's #1 Camaro dealer. And from their incoming ZL1 inventory, I believe it. They have 22 available or incoming right now. Nobody else is anywhere close to touching that. I was gonna deal with them, but found another ZL1 configured like I wanted, got a deal, and should be picking it up this weekend.
mdmoore23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 10:47 AM   #23
Ian SS

Quote:
The dealer actually loves these tags. The 20% off comes in the form of a rebate on GM's end. The customer gets 20% off MSRP but the 20% off is a rebate which means the dealer still sells the car at MSRP which is $$$$$$.

2018 Ram Rebel 4x4 5.7
Old 05-10-2017, 11:13 AM   #24
brAnd7onX

Drives: 2012 1SS IOM
Yes it can be done but you have a short shopping window usually at the end of the year or when the refresh comes. I remember people were talking about getting a brand new 5th gen z28 for around $50k once the 6th gen came along.

The people saying you can't get this price are the ones that currently have a 6th gen ZL1 that couldn't hold out and paid MSRP. No offense because there is nothing wrong with that.

2012 Camaro SS IOM "TigreSS"
Borla "S" Catback
C.A.I. Intake
VMax Ported TB
JRE Tune
brAnd7onX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 11:33 AM   #25
cooden

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS & '15 Durango R/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian SS View Post
Last year the Camaro had a 20% off tag and the Corvette had a 10% off tag (if you got it for more off, the rest was dealer contribution).
Quote:
You are both WRONG! I can't understand how people try to argue the 20% off bonus tag for leftover models. I received an email from Chevrolet either at the end of September or beginning of October 2016 about 20% bonus tags on SELECT Camaro's, Corvettes, Silverados, Tahoes--that is the reason I started looking at 2SS Camaro's again instead of waiting till 2017 to order one. If anyone has been buying cars for a long time, you'll understand that dealers hold the bonus tags because once they apply a bonus tag, it is applied to that VIN # until the vehicle is sold. That is why I mentioned in a thread about people looking for deals to call the dealers and ask if they will apply a bonus tag if you buy the vehicle.

Secondly, there might even be more incentives such as dealer holdback, aged inventory money, etc. My '16 2SS was $44K MSRP--the dealer had it on their website as an internet special for $29,444! That's 33% off brand new! I can't tell you how many Z06's I saw in a 300 mile radius with 20%-25% off on the dealers websites. I'll say it again--in the NorthEast, the dealers don't want to sit on these vehicles for 4-5 months during the winter, ESPECIALLY when the new models are going to be on the lots in the spring.

I'm sure someone will chime in and tell me I'm wrong and that it's impossible. Do yourself a favor---set a calendar reminder at the end of September to jump on Autotrader and search new Corvettes & Camaros (including the ZL1) in the NorthEast--use Rochester, NY or Buffalo, NY as your starting point and do a 300 mile search. Then let me know how wrong I am........
Old 05-10-2017, 11:51 AM   #26
Ian SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooden View Post
You are both WRONG! I can't understand how people try to argue the 20% off bonus tag for leftover models. I received an email from Chevrolet either at the end of September or beginning of October 2016 about 20% bonus tags on SELECT Camaro's, Corvettes, Silverados, Tahoes--that is the reason I started looking at 2SS Camaro's again instead of waiting till 2017 to order one. If anyone has been buying cars for a long time, you'll understand that dealers hold the bonus tags because once they apply a bonus tag, it is applied to that VIN # until the vehicle is sold. That is why I mentioned in a thread about people looking for deals to call the dealers and ask if they will apply a bonus tag if you buy the vehicle.

Secondly, there might even be more incentives such as dealer holdback, aged inventory money, etc. My '16 2SS was $44K MSRP--the dealer had it on their website as an internet special for $29,444! That's 33% off brand new! I can't tell you how many Z06's I saw in a 300 mile radius with 20%-25% off on the dealers websites. I'll say it again--in the NorthEast, the dealers don't want to sit on these vehicles for 4-5 months during the winter, ESPECIALLY when the new models are going to be on the lots in the spring.

I'm sure someone will chime in and tell me I'm wrong and that it's impossible. Do yourself a favor---set a calendar reminder at the end of September to jump on Autotrader and search new Corvettes & Camaros (including the ZL1) in the NorthEast--use Rochester, NY or Buffalo, NY as your starting point and do a 300 mile search. Then let me know how wrong I am........
I work in sales and have sold almost 15 members on here a Camaro. I was a forum sponsor during the 20% camaro tags and I couldn't keep them in stock. I can assure you I know what I'm talking about.

The camaro had 20% tags and the Corvette z06 had 10% tags. Any discounts on top of that is dealer contribution. I would discount my cars 4-5k (or about 8-9k for a z06) then apply the 10-20% off rebate and the total discount would be in the neighborhood of 25-30% off of MSRP, however the tag itself is only 10-20%. Read your contract and you'll see.

2018 Ram Rebel 4x4 5.7
Old 05-10-2017, 12:58 PM   #27
ModdedSS

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Anyone have contact information for the person they used in sales at Bomnin? Looking to get a 1LE and seeing if they got one coming in, so I sent in an e-mail, but all I'm getting is the BS autofill e-mails from their BDC.

Go: 17" Forgestar F14s in Bronze Burst with Hoosier Drag Radials/Rotofab Intake w/ Dry Filter/EFI Flex Fuel Kit/Kooks 2" Longtubes with Offroad Connections/PRAY Performance Ported Intake Manifold/PRAY Performance Ported Throttle Body/PRAY Performance Ported Heads/PRAY Performance Tune

Suspension: Phastek Lowering Springs/BMR Toe Rods/BMR Control Arms/BMR Trailing Arms/BMR Strut Tower Brace
ModdedSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 01:16 PM   #28
hashtag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian SS View Post
The dealer actually loves these tags. The 20% off comes in the form of a rebate on GM's end. The customer gets 20% off MSRP but the 20% off is a rebate which means the dealer still sells the car at MSRP which is $$$$$$.
Do you really believe that ?