Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-12-2016, 12:50 PM   #57
reeper

Drives: 2010 HD D/A, 2015 Z06, 2016 2SS
Maybe one thing to consider is picking up a beater. I have a 2005 Pontiac sunfire I bought used for 3k with only 21k miles on it. I use it for when I travel and leave it outside at the airport, some winter driving and driving through spots I know where there is roads tore up from construction. Replacement parts and gas mileage sure beat my D/A 3/4 ton hd, my wife's Tahoo or our soon to have zl1
reeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 02:35 AM   #58
SoCal Racer

Drives: C4,C6 Z06,Silverado,'17 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakaro68 View Post
well, really wanted other's opinions on whether paying $68K and then putting a lot of miles on it within say, 5 - 6 years. I'd hate to spend that much money only for it to be worn out just in time for me to pay the damn thing off.

Then again, I'd hate to NOT have a ZL1....so...I'd probably just drive it a lot
Being realistic,...no matter how great the ZL1 is, it is still a Camaro. And unless gas prices go to $25+ a gallon, the new HP war will continue as the new GT500/Z28/ZR1/others appear to be on the way. The Gen 7 ZL1 will most likely be even better than this one...as we currently are moving on from the Gen 5 ZL1 to the Gen 6. Point is...if you like any car, not just the ZL1...buy it, drive it, enjoy it...if you can really afford it, then don't worry about the mileage...it takes away your fun of having it in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWiki View Post
There's people that dump 20K more in to a Z06 and drive it all over the place. The "value" will be from your eyes only and based on your desires and financial ability.

high miles on a car doesn't always mean it's worn out. Plenty of 300k mile + cars out there that are in great shape and I've seen cars with less than 20k on the odo look like absolute garbage piles. It just depends on how well you take care of it.
So true.
SoCal Racer is offline   Reply With Quote