#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 10-06-2023, 08:40 PM   #15
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thestormoverkrynn View Post
I had the exact same thing happen to my camaro, my mechanic said supercharger bearing gone. Its an obvious defect in them, i've been waiting almost 3 weeks for gm to tell me they will cover it, but they can't get the part because of the strike. Gm has no ETA, on the part. Wants to leave me without my camaro and in the same token void my warranty if i replace with aftermarket. I've decided to give GM the big middle finger and replace it with a magnusson, and get some other upgrades for the camaro. Will let u know how it works out so far 21k bill... I was told i could drive it, but not engage the supercharger, ie don't step on the gas.... Not doing that, can't drive that car like a grandma, its just not in me. Very Sore and pissed off GM customer you know what they can do with their sh*t warranty, since i was paying monthly on the extended warranty i went ahead and cancelled it on their sorry a**es!
The warranty is only as good as the people standing behind it. After seeing how the dealers operate, I went ahead and voided my warranty after 500 miles from new lol…mile 501 was going down the quarter mile…

It’s not always easy but find yourself a shop you really like and enjoy your car.
Old 10-07-2023, 04:00 PM   #16
GreenZLE

Drives: 2020 Rally Green ZL1-1LE
The bearings in my SC went out at 20K miles. It was that same dry-rolling sound. I took a thick bath towel and covered the SC lid and it quieted down. I was able to isolate the sound to the pass side of the SC by moving the towel around. The drivers side was much quieter. Took it to the dealership and did the same thing to show them how much noise it was producing. They replaced the SC under warranty and no more noise.
GreenZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2023, 11:40 PM   #17
Pcormier66

Drives: 2019 ZLE
I had the same rattle after a track day. Dealer said SC bearings were bad and replaced the SC under warranty. Running great again.
Pcormier66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 11:05 AM   #18
CalgaryZL1

Drives: 2020 Chevy Camaro ZL1
Does anybody know if GM sells a refurbish kit with bearings and necessary seals?
It might be good to have something like that on the shelf for the future
CalgaryZL1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2023, 04:56 PM   #19
GreenZLE

Drives: 2020 Rally Green ZL1-1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryZL1 View Post
Does anybody know if GM sells a refurbish kit with bearings and necessary seals?
It might be good to have something like that on the shelf for the future

All the bearing kits I've seen are either on ebay or offered through supercharger rebuilders.
GreenZLE is offline   Reply With Quote