#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 11-05-2018, 08:47 PM   #99
MAGAUSA

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
It is amazing for GM that I can say even this, but the ONLY place a Camaro and some Porsche's can be compared is performance. The cars cannot be compared in any other way, they are of different classes entirely and for good reason.

If you cannot 'justify' buying a P-Car over a Camaro, it is because you don't make enough money. I don't mean that in a rude way, as I do not make Porsche money myself.

Yup.
MAGAUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 07:13 AM   #100
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
The thing is - to get 1le performance one has to shell out quite a bit more money to be just on par. Ive just read an arricle on Drive blog about Civic R. It stated something very interesting, yet so obvious: it is much easier to manufacture a great car for $250G vs $35G.
1le very much falls into this category.

Otoh if we start looking at intangibles, Porsche starts to pale in comparison to say a Ferrari or a Lambo. Etc.
Take a Ford GT for example, which got beat by a ZR1 on track, yet intangibles wise it attracts huge money.

To me, as far as sports cars go, an overall package surely matters, but the deciding criteria is on track vs cars and coffee gatherings.
Well said dude, and great point about what GM rung out of a $35K car!!
Old 11-06-2018, 07:18 AM   #101
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
The thing is - to get 1le performance one has to shell out quite a bit more money to be just on par. Ive just read an arricle on Drive blog about Civic R. It stated something very interesting, yet so obvious: it is much easier to manufacture a great car for $250G vs $35G.

Otoh if we start looking at intangibles, Porsche starts to pale in comparison to say a Ferrari or a Lambo. Etc.
Take a Ford GT for example, which got beat by a ZR1 on track, yet intangibles wise it attracts huge money.

To me, as far as sports cars go, an overall package surely matters, but the deciding criteria is on track vs cars and coffee gatherings.
This ↑↑↑

Norm
Old 11-06-2018, 08:38 AM   #102
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:

I have to agree.
I've always enjoyed driving my cars rather than looking at them.
I never much cared for the lawn chair segment of the hobby, going to car shows and such, I would rather burn gas and tires while giving myself permanent smile wrinkles.
Old 11-08-2018, 03:27 PM   #103
georgez32

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE, GC8 STI, SG5 Forester
Really cant compare Pcars to camaros especially the GT range. The price gap is just too big, but in my opinion, both cars are performance bargains in their respective price range. GT3's are expensive, but they are worth every penny(at MSRP that is), in that regards I think they are very similar.
georgez32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 09:35 AM   #104
metros11

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
I wonder what my local postal worker thinks of this comparison and what car he would choose...
metros11 is offline   Reply With Quote