Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-03-2020, 01:16 AM   #1
compucarnut

Drives: 2018 Chevy Camaro SS 1LE
1st post owning a chevy.....be nice....2018 SS. What tuner???

Long time ford guy that recently bought a 2018 SS 1Le. Im kinda shocked how much smaller the aftermarket is for these cars.....been digging through the forums but its still a bit difficult as to what handheld tuner/tune I should go with for a basic bolt on build. At the moment I'm just looking to do a ca performance cat delete, green drop in filter and box mod, and an e85 tune.

For point of reference my last v8 car was a 17 gt FBO 6 speed data logged tuned with livernois making 460whp. Took a break from the v8 world for a few years but got the itch again and always wanted to try a camaro......

Why does it seem so much harder to research who the reputable tuners are for this LT1??
compucarnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 01:18 AM   #2
EMTNLSS

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Hit up Pray Performance on Facebook. He does good work. https://www.facebook.com/prayperformance

Current Mods: Catch Can | aFe Lowering Springs | GM 2nd Gen Splitter | Hotchkis Sway Bars | MRR FS02 Wheels | Flowmaster Exhaust | Dark Tail Lights | Diode Dynamics Sidemarkers | Roto Fab | Solar TB | PRAY Ported IM | BMR | PRAY Tune

Upcoming Mods:
EMTNLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 11:03 AM   #3
NA18CamaroSS

Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMTNLSS View Post
Hit up Pray Performance on Facebook. He does good work. https://www.facebook.com/prayperformance
I have heard nothing but praise for Pray Performance. Brett is a straight up kind of guy. HP Tuners is the preferred tuning software for most of the guys on this forum, though I am partial to EFI Live myself.
Old 05-03-2020, 11:47 AM   #4
compucarnut

ok. So what handheld do I buy? Thats the confusing part to me......it was so much more straight forward with my mustang.
Old 05-03-2020, 01:30 PM   #5
EMTNLSS

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by compucarnut View Post
ok. So what handheld do I buy? Thats the confusing part to me......it was so much more straight forward with my mustang.
You'll want HPTuners. https://www.hptuners.com/mpvi2/

Current Mods: Catch Can | aFe Lowering Springs | GM 2nd Gen Splitter | Hotchkis Sway Bars | MRR FS02 Wheels | Flowmaster Exhaust | Dark Tail Lights | Diode Dynamics Sidemarkers | Roto Fab | Solar TB | PRAY Ported IM | BMR | PRAY Tune

Upcoming Mods:
EMTNLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 05:44 PM   #6
gmcvt

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1SS A10
I came from an 18 GT A10 with Lund so I understand where you are coming from. So, the HPTuners MPVI2 will be equivalent to Ngage/SCT device. Then you will need to purchase 4 credits from HPTuners to access your PCM. (or you can purchase them bundled with the MPVI2). Then you will need to decide on a tuner. As already mentioned, you have Janetty, Pray, Vengeance Racing, Race Proven Motorsports, Complete Street Performance and more. If you want E85, you will need to purchase a Flex Sensor kit and have the proper adjustments made to your tune.

It is different in some ways than in the Mustang world but once you figure out the process, it really isn't that complicated.
2018 Mustang GT A10 Kooks Lt's, E85 & Lund tune*SOLD*
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 Silver- CAI, Bo-body, VRSP-2 cam, Kooks 1 7/8 Lt's w/cats, Magnaflow street CB(15089), QTP ovals, Elite can, Vengeance Racing tune. *SOLD*
gmcvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 05:00 PM   #7
compucarnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcvt View Post
I came from an 18 GT A10 with Lund so I understand where you are coming from. So, the HPTuners MPVI2 will be equivalent to Ngage/SCT device. Then you will need to purchase 4 credits from HPTuners to access your PCM. (or you can purchase them bundled with the MPVI2). Then you will need to decide on a tuner. As already mentioned, you have Janetty, Pray, Vengeance Racing, Race Proven Motorsports, Complete Street Performance and more. If you want E85, you will need to purchase a Flex Sensor kit and have the proper adjustments made to your tune.

It is different in some ways than in the Mustang world but once you figure out the process, it really isn't that complicated.
This clarifies things, thanks. I had the nguage on my mustang with unlimited tune revisions and data logging through my tune company. So I found a local tuner and I already ordered the flex fuel kit so as soon as that gets installed I'll drop the car off.
Old 05-07-2020, 07:15 AM   #8
Redlinez
Shifts under load

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE rally green
I definitely miss my SCTX4 email me another custom tune days. Palm Beach was great.
Redlinez is offline   Reply With Quote