Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-27-2020, 04:01 PM   #1
Pens

Drives: 2019 SS 1LE
Tuning with headers and hi flow cats

I am new to this platform, just picked up my new 2019 2SS 1LE a few days ago. I absolutely love it so far and still under 200 miles so continuing my break in and learning its behaviors but as time goes, at some point, we all get used to the power and want more. Now my questions are regarding tuning these cars with hi flow cats or green cats (kooks). I see the only gains in power for this platform start when headers are added and tuned. Living in NYC and coming from Turbo 4 cylinders (evo's and recently Vw golf r) i am accustomed to running catless and going through all the nonsence of emissions inspections every year its a headache and I don't want to go that route with this car. I want to know if, by experience, anyone has ran or is running a hi flow cat or green cat long tube setup with tuning and passes their local emissions inspections, where applicable of course? Now Im sure some are running this but is your local county/city as stringent with emissions as NYC? With it needing all readiness green for system ready tests. Therefore, sensors cannot just be coded off though tuning leaving no check engine lights. If so, what is the setup used and are the gains still at least up to par with catless to make it even logical?
Pens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 06:09 PM   #2
Feefsmaro93

Drives: 2016 white 1ss A8
I pass with no cats at all but kooks offers green cats that can handle upto 900hp so they claim
Feefsmaro93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 01:58 PM   #3
threetime
*PIMP*

Drives: 2018 2SS
Use the non fouler mod. I am attaching a video and this guy lives in NYC and it passed.

threetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 02:09 PM   #4
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
i have the afe power longtubes with cats and i live in california

i had a check engine light after installing them tho but after my tune we got rid of that