Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

AWE Tuning

Old 11-02-2019, 05:51 PM   #15
Tyestick

Drives: 19’ Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmfhsu View Post
Just put them on today!

Word of caution for those doing their own work - the banjo bolts provided by Mani are smaller than OE. If you're trying to torque them to OE spec (30 pounds feet) it's very easy to round the bolt off. Be careful!
Thanks for the heads up.

While I haven’t purchased a set yet, I enjoy seeing information like this being posted, because it’s tidbits of information like this that can save someone from making that mistake.
Old 11-03-2019, 05:24 AM   #16
carguy55

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Just put them on today!

Word of caution for those doing their own work - the banjo bolts provided by Mani are smaller than OE. If you're trying to torque them to OE spec (30 pounds feet) it's very easy to round the bolt off. Be careful!
So what's the torque spec for them?
carguy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 06:44 AM   #17
cmfhsu

Drives: 2019 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy55 View Post
So what's the torque spec for them?
You can torque them to 30 pounds feet - just take care to clean the bolt head of any brake fluid & try to ensure the socket is flat on the bolt before applying more serious force. I also used an old, worn out 10mm socket on a 1/4 inch drive adapter (I assumed that was the right size since Frentubo is an Italian manufacturer). It's possible a different socket would have caused less damage.

I tightened mine to "about good and tight" for the one bolt I accidentally rounded off. I'm going to take my car to a few autox events like this first. If I feel a little squidgy about it, I can always buy new banjo bolts & crush washers from the dealer. Those larger headed bolts may be able to take the torque better.

Edit: I will also say that 30 pounds feet is a ton of torque for banjo bolts. I understand you've gotta crush the washers, but man that feels like a lot more torque than my OE ones had when taking them out.
cmfhsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 09:52 PM   #18
SWZL11LE

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Received mine as well.

Mani even shipped new banjo bolts - truly a fully featured kit. Will try to rip them off & replace this weekend.

Have you taken any pictures of them?

Got a lot of pictures from the ZL1 / ZLE installs, nothing from the SS 1LE's yet.
SWZL11LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 12:39 AM   #19
Tyestick

Drives: 19’ Camaro SS 1LE
I’m curious to know if there’s anyone local to me, that might have these brake lines installed, so I can get a feel for the difference between stock and braided.

Another concern is if replacing the stock brake lines with the braided lines, will it void the factory warranty? I did read in the thread that was linked in the first posting of this thread that someone stated ‘no’ that it doesn’t void warranty.

Tampering with brake components would surely raise a red flag should warranty work need to be completed...
Old 11-15-2019, 07:22 AM   #20
Dave-ROR

Drives: A few
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyestick View Post
I’m curious to know if there’s anyone local to me, that might have these brake lines installed, so I can get a feel for the difference between stock and braided.

Another concern is if replacing the stock brake lines with the braided lines, will it void the factory warranty? I did read in the thread that was linked in the first posting of this thread that someone stated ‘no’ that it doesn’t void warranty.

Tampering with brake components would surely raise a red flag should warranty work need to be completed...
Only for the brakes if the lines caused a failure. No way to blame lines for suspension, powertrain, electronics, etc.
HPDE/DD: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE || HPDE/DD: 2015 Subaru BRZ ||Tow Vehicle: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 8.1L || Weekend toy: 1994 MR2 Turbo || The other weekend toy: 1993 MR2 Turbo || Track car: 1998 Integra Type-R || Race car: 1996 Integra GS-R || New race car build: 1992 Honda Civic Hatchback

Too many cars.. never.
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 08:04 AM   #21
cmfhsu

Drives: 2019 2SS 1LE
@SWZL11LE - I didn't take any pictures, but I can totally rip off my wheels & take a few. Great work on these, BTW. I'm not sure if it's the Castrol SRF I replaced my ATE Typ 200 with or the braided lines, but all of that inconsistent squidge is gone. Brakes are 100% consistent every time I step on them now. If I put half a pound of pressure, I get the same amount of braking action just about every time.

@Tyestick - Looks like I'm about as not local to you as can be in the US, but I was very much not happy with the way the 1LE braked from the factory. Replacing OE GM dot3 made a little difference, but putting Castrol SRF & these lines on made the biggest difference. I can finally know exactly how much braking action I'm going to get based on pedal input.

As far as warranty, GM is reportedly kind of picky. However, the great thing about the 1LEs is that the Camaro engineering team has stated it will cover warranty failures during HPDEs and autox events. While GM may look for signs of "racing" to deny warranty claims in other cars, it seems they may be more lenient with our cars.
cmfhsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 10:40 AM   #22
Matos1LE

Drives: SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post
Only for the brakes if the lines caused a failure. No way to blame lines for suspension, powertrain, electronics, etc.
Ditto, the above is what SHOULD happen, although dealerships sometimes try nonsense. However, I would wager most dealerships can't tell these aren't the stock brake lines simply because they are black and use factory mounting points (ie, they won't stick out like silver stainless that's zip tied everywhere rofl).
Matos1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 02:19 PM   #23
SWZL11LE

Quote:
@SWZL11LE - I didn't take any pictures, but I can totally rip off my wheels & take a few. Great work on these, BTW. I'm not sure if it's the Castrol SRF I replaced my ATE Typ 200 with or the braided lines, but all of that inconsistent squidge is gone. Brakes are 100% consistent every time I step on them now. If I put half a pound of pressure, I get the same amount of braking action just about every time.
It is a combination of all. These lines have a smaller inner diameter than the stock lines and from any braided steel line which means you are also pushing less fluid through. Again means more direct action. It is very tiny differences that adds up to a big result. Mind you the lines not expanding as much as the stainless lines under pressure is the biggest difference.

One other thing to note is the flexibility of these lines in terms of no expansion under pressure but in terms of routing. Stainless lines tend to bind because they don't like to be bent much, but these lines as you see are extremely route-able and bendable, which takes away the potential binding that might occur. This is especially a key point for front brake lines, since the wheel turns left to right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyestick View Post

The brake lines are DOT certified and each line is tested, so there shouldn't be any warranty concerns. But I would strongly recommend a professional installation since it is a very key component of the vehicle.
Old 11-15-2019, 06:49 PM   #24
Yomike951

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE
I have a set of these on my car and I'm super impressed. I went with Hawk DTC 70 pads front and 60 rear and this combination is absolutely the best track combo if you're a late braker!
The shop that installed the brake lines said they were very impressed with the quality and how everything was included.
Yomike951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 08:09 PM   #25
SWZL11LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yomike951 View Post
I have a set of these on my car and I'm super impressed. I went with Hawk DTC 70 pads front and 60 rear and this combination is absolutely the best track combo if you're a late braker!
The shop that installed the brake lines said they were very impressed with the quality and how everything was included.

Appreciate the feedback. To be honest, I am not much of a salesmen and don't really have to be since this project is all for pure fun, but the lines do speak for themselves.

Old 01-01-2020, 05:48 PM   #26
joejenie

Drives: Ford Raptor
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWZL11LE View Post
Appreciate the feedback. To be honest, I am not much of a salesmen and don't really have to be since this project is all for pure fun, but the lines do speak for themselves.

PM sent. Would like a set of your brake lines for my ZL1 if you still have some. Thanks!
joejenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 02:01 PM   #27
OVRKLL

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE...makes me go YeeeHaw!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWZL11LE View Post
I sent a PM as well, although mine is for an SS 1LE.
Sorry I got excited reading all the posts, I didn't read your link to the other thread, so I apparently asked questions that were answered in the link.

I just hope enough SS 1LE owners get on this too, to make it worth a group buy.
Old 03-13-2020, 10:15 PM   #28
OVRKLL

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE...makes me go YeeeHaw!
Has anyone installed these lines?
  • If so, can you give some feedback on the effects?
  • Hows the confidence in late braking...has it increased?
  • Pedal feel?
  • Anything else?
I hope these are still available, I'm thinking of getting a set in the near future if they are.