Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Z/28 Discussions


AWE Tuning


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2020, 10:14 AM   #43
BoilerKB
 
Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1 Convertible
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: ATL
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercup View Post
I am in for one - so that 1% of the first 500!
Sorry all. Never gonna happen. No money to be made and pony cars with V8's are not the future. I'd wager we'll see an electric Camaro like the Mustang SUV thingy before we ever see a Z/28. And they certainly aren't going to care that a bunch of forum people say they'll buy one.
BoilerKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 11:27 AM   #44
shaffe


 
Drives: 2018 Mazda6
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Carol Stream
Posts: 5,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post
I agree, and it is a shame. The Z/28 badge has a long history with Camaro.

The only spot I could see for it would be to put the N/A LT1 in the ZLE chassis with the DSSV suspension. It would be parallel to what they do with Corvette, putting the LT1 in the Z06 Chassis. Price it a tick above the SS 1LE.

The only reason I see GM doing anything like this would be if they had an overrun of LT1 engines since the Corvette is no longer using them. Which I suspect had a little to do with the Gen 5 Z/28. But it seems they went the other way and put the LT1 in six banger chassis.
That would probably be the perfect gen 6 Z, if they can get away from it habing to be the top dog like the 5th gen car was that would be fine.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72MachOne99GT View Post
Lets keep it simple. ..
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 05:05 PM   #45
Bhobbs


 
Bhobbs's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 6,777
In my opinion, the Z/28 stands alone. Lineup or whatever isn’t relevant.

It doesn’t matter now. It’s pretty clear to me that GM has abandoned the 6th gen, if not the Camaro as a whole.
__________________
Bhobbs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 01:41 PM   #46
Quix
 
Quix's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 2LT V6 Garnet Red
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerKB View Post
Sorry all. Never gonna happen. No money to be made and pony cars with V8's are not the future. I'd wager we'll see an electric Camaro like the Mustang SUV thingy before we ever see a Z/28. And they certainly aren't going to care that a bunch of forum people say they'll buy one.
I hope it's not a crossover. I might buy an electric car but I'm not buying a crossover until I get so old that I can't bend my legs anymore.

I don't think we're seeing a Z28 either, after the ZL1 1LE, GM said they were done and I believe them. No reason for them to lie about that.
Quix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:14 AM   #47
MrChrisLS3


 
Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Houston
Posts: 2,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
That would probably be the perfect gen 6 Z, if they can get away from it habing to be the top dog like the 5th gen car was that would be fine.
Well, I wouldn't think that regardless of how the 5th gen was perceived that bringing back the badge isn't that big of a stretch. The Z/28 badge has appeared on every generation, with varying "meaning", from being something special to not really anything special about it.

In the 5th Gen, it was the introduction of the DSSV suspension and marketing the car as a "street legal race car", going so far as to make A/C optional equipment. The LS7 was an engine without a car at that point as the Corvette was now the Gen V small block.

So with the Gen 6, the only thing that really makes sense, if they really wanted to throw a Z/28 badge on something, would be this. ZLE chassis/suspension N/A motor, same treatment the 5th gen got, cut out the frills. Just don't price it out $10K over the ZL1. I really believe it was pricing that was the sales issue with the 5th gen.
MrChrisLS3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:44 AM   #48
shaffe


 
Drives: 2018 Mazda6
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Carol Stream
Posts: 5,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post
Well, I wouldn't think that regardless of how the 5th gen was perceived that bringing back the badge isn't that big of a stretch. The Z/28 badge has appeared on every generation, with varying "meaning", from being something special to not really anything special about it.

In the 5th Gen, it was the introduction of the DSSV suspension and marketing the car as a "street legal race car", going so far as to make A/C optional equipment. The LS7 was an engine without a car at that point as the Corvette was now the Gen V small block.

So with the Gen 6, the only thing that really makes sense, if they really wanted to throw a Z/28 badge on something, would be this. ZLE chassis/suspension N/A motor, same treatment the 5th gen got, cut out the frills. Just don't price it out $10K over the ZL1. I really believe it was pricing that was the sales issue with the 5th gen.
I think that makes it a tricky slope. I just don't know how having a top dog model of the previous gen show up in the next gen and just be middle tier.

Pricing was most definitely an issue. I think that is why we see the 350R and ZLE were offered with the full assortment of creature comforts.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72MachOne99GT View Post
Lets keep it simple. ..
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Post Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.