Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Ask the Camaro Team

Phastek Performance

Old 06-04-2020, 09:40 AM   #1
LevonH
Chevy Enthusiast.

Drives: 2015 Camaro ZL1 Summit White
Question HVAC Blend Door Failures

Here is but 1 link to what appears to be a common problem:

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showt...8#post10803858

My past experience tells me that since this is not happening on every car, there may be a root cause that needs to be found. Is it bad blend door motors, bad controllers, programming???????? Could it be happening to cars that have had battery failures and the blend door not syncing properly?

I'm writing this to see if there is a way to penetrate the GM Tech area for a review and determination of a possible fix so as to prevent the exorbitant cost of repairs??

If anyone from GM is watching, can you please respond. Thanks in advance.

Levon H. Bone Stock
LevonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 06:30 AM   #2
mikeman
Banned

Drives: 2015 Camaro
No one from Chevrolet, especially anyone from the engineering team, is going to come in here and describe a "fix" for the blend door problem. The 5th gen is a defunct platform and has been superceded by the 6th gen. The bumper to bumper warranty has run out on the 2015's which were the last 5th gen models made.

Most of the official responses you will get in this section will be about new product. And, even that is far and few between if you scroll down through this section looking for official Chevrolet responses. Also, Al Oppenheiser doesn't even head the Camaro engineering development team anymore. He is now in charge of future EV development for GM/Chevrolet. This section is way out of date IMO

The only hope you can wish for about the blend door problem is some type of TSB fix for reprogramming the actuator to reduce stress in the blend door. However, as far as I know, there is nothing like that from GM yet.
mikeman is offline   Reply With Quote