Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-22-2020, 06:39 AM   #85
weslp00

Drives: '18 2SSM6 Camaro ‘01C5Z06 Vet
Waking this thread up! .. anyone agree with the caliper bolt torque spec of 162ftlb from the beginning of this cool write up?
I just upgraded to 6 pot brembos on my 2SS and struggled to get to 160...it went ok but I was scared it would strip out the alloy caliper threads if I went anymore than that..There is so much info out there on this torque value..

Any ideas ?

cheers
weslp00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 09:43 AM   #86
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by weslp00 View Post
Waking this thread up! .. anyone agree with the caliper bolt torque spec of 162ftlb from the beginning of this cool write up?
I just upgraded to 6 pot brembos on my 2SS and struggled to get to 160...it went ok but I was scared it would strip out the alloy caliper threads if I went anymore than that..There is so much info out there on this torque value..

Any ideas ?

cheers
The problem with torque wrenches is calibration, especially over time, how can you be sure your's is calibrated perfectly?

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 09:50 AM   #87
weslp00

Drives: '18 2SSM6 Camaro ‘01C5Z06 Vet
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
The problem with torque wrenches is calibration, especially over time, how can you be sure your's is calibrated perfectly?
Ah ha James no brakes. Thanks for the reply..I specially went out and bought a new one for torqueing the wheels and this job so its gotta be accurate.
But struggling on the floor I doubt that the "click" was dead on but still up there ! Thing is the install went ok with no broken anything..just concerned I might have streeeeetched something too much and its gonna kind off fall off
weslp00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 09:57 AM   #88
Alpha1BC

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by weslp00 View Post

Any ideas ?

cheers
Actually just posted in the other thread you had going, hadn't seen this one yet. To keep information consistent, yes 162 lb-ft should be just fine when using all new components. Same parts as the C7 Z06 that uses these brakes and that's the torque spec for those. I'd suggest a bigger torque wrench where 160 ft-lb is closer to the middle of the range rather than at the end of the torque range if that's your current setup, though. Will make it easier to reach that torque value.
Old 05-22-2020, 11:15 AM   #89
carguy55

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
You should always look at the service manual for the correct info.

It's easy and cheap to access the correct info, just go here and subscribe for 1 day www.repairprocedures.com

Last edited by carguy55; 05-29-2020 at 11:40 AM.
carguy55 is offline   Reply With Quote