Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-05-2020, 12:31 PM   #1
Slowwmaroo

Drives: 2018 Camaro RS
muffler delete and swap a new resonator

i have a 2018 RS and i’m thinking about doing the muffler and resonator delete but some people advised that i swap the resonator out instead of cutting it off. i didn’t even know about that so has a one tried that or know any good resonators for a v6??
Slowwmaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 12:38 PM   #2
SoarinSnek

Drives: 2020 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowwmaroo View Post
i have a 2018 RS and i’m thinking about doing the muffler and resonator delete but some people advised that i swap the resonator out instead of cutting it off. i didn’t even know about that so has a one tried that or know any good resonators for a v6??
Mine is a muffler delete and a truflo xpipe (magnaflow) in replace of the resonator. The sounds are nice (definitely raspy and loud) and the drone is a small amount. They cut it out for me and just put in place of it.
SoarinSnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 12:41 PM   #3
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
I might be wrong, but thought I saw a complete muffler and resonator delete kit recently. Might of been Phastek or one of the vendors on here. Don't quote me though
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 11:37 PM   #4
Spudsmaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 6 SPEED MANUAL CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowwmaroo View Post
my car has mbrp quad tip axle back, no resonator no secondary cats x pipe in its place and american racing headers catless downpipes. you can listen to my exhaust note at my ig @_.spud.__
Spudsmaro is offline   Reply With Quote