Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-06-2020, 08:43 PM   #15
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
So, are you thinking in terms of variable shuttering of the valve as opposed to an all-open or all-closed sort of setting?
Yes that was my thinking.

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 04:56 PM   #16
Abubaca

Drives: 2016 SS
Quote:
1) Use the electric controllers from the Gen6 and build a circuit with a simple switch to control the actuators.

Not sure if I mentioned this before, but the word is that the NPP control can be switched on via HP Tuners, in a NON NPP car. Meaning all you'd need to do would be to get the NPP muffler system and run some wire.

I certainly, at least, LOOK into that option.

Quote:
I don't want cutouts because they completely bypass ALL of the muffler and will be louder than what I want. Picking the car up today and will drive it for a while before I actually make any changes, but may start letting an eye out for parts.

I certainly understand the "loud" issue, and driving it for awhile is also a good idea. The main reason I push back on the NPP system, either as a stock option or as in your case is because I feel it's just simply not that different from mode to mode. At wide open throttle it is, but even then it's tame when compared to even other aftermarket muffler systems, let alone straight pipes and open cutouts. Before I got my AWE system, I could tell a difference when switching back and forth, but after driving for awhile, I could tell what mode I was in just by listening, -except when I was at wide open throttle.
Abubaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2023, 10:07 AM   #17
ssosick

Drives: 2019 camaro ss
Angry

Guys I said f it I opened one of these actuators the gears that rotate the exhaust door are plastic what do you think is going to happen mounted on the exhaust smh that's why they start skipping teeth they melt good job gm engineers so no matter if you get awe plates will still sound like crap all your doing is taking of the tension and assuming you have control of the door inside the exhaust not good I'm hoping it stays open disappointment maybe we should start a class action.
ss 19
ssosick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2023, 10:10 AM   #18
ssosick

Drives: 2019 camaro ss
Angry The problem found

Guys I said f it I opened one of these actuators the gears that rotate the exhaust door are plastic what do you think is going to happen mounted on the exhaust smh that's why they start skipping teeth they melt good job gm engineers so no matter if you get awe plates will still sound like crap all your doing is taking of the tension and assuming you have control of the door inside the exhaust not good I'm hoping it stays open disappointment maybe we should start a class action.
ss 19
ssosick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2023, 12:34 AM   #19
Daily1LE

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abubaca View Post
I certainly understand the "loud" issue, and driving it for awhile is also a good idea. The main reason I push back on the NPP system, either as a stock option or as in your case is because I feel it's just simply not that different from mode to mode. At wide open throttle it is, but even then it's tame when compared to even other aftermarket muffler systems, let alone straight pipes and open cutouts. Before I got my AWE system, I could tell a difference when switching back and forth, but after driving for awhile, I could tell what mode I was in just by listening, -except when I was at wide open throttle.
I agree. My car had NPP on it and I mean yeah you can tell when you have it open or closed, but really it wasn't that much different. I ran with the valves open all the time, never thought of the car as too loud. I will say maybe the only exceptions were first start up and at WOT. When I got aftermarket exhaust I hesitated at first as most of the systems I wanted didn't offer NPP support. I ultimately went with ARH full exhaust and got rid of my NPP. I wouldn't go back to NPP and I certainly wouldn't pay money to add it to my stock exhaust if I didn't have it.

Attached Images