Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Marketplace > Members Classifieds > Autos For Sale / Wanted

AWE Tuning

Old 06-11-2018, 01:47 AM   #15
indyz

Drives: 2SS, CT-R, LC500
I guess you consulted with the future owner before making that "investment"?

Its an investment into smiles and grins. Not really a profit making "investment" unless you consider getting 70% of initial "investment" is a profit
indyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 07:38 AM   #16
Turbo_J89

Drives: 2015 BVM Camaro 1LE (2SS/RS)
Quote:
Originally Posted by indyz View Post
I guess you consulted with the future owner before making that "investment"?
What? I'm sorry but you lost me...I honestly have no clue where you were going with this.

Quote:
Its an investment into smiles and grins. Not really a profit making "investment" unless you consider getting 70% of initial "investment" is a profit
70% return on investment is actually really good for a consumable product. You couldn't get back on food, clothes, most electronics, or any number of other consumables. $4000 x 70% = $2800...You must have a much higher annual income than the typical consumer. For most, that's more than "an investment into smiles and grins". We are talking about much more than a $20 skip shift eliminator and a couple stickers. As a potential buyer, you would really ignore all of these mods like they aren't even there? They are almost all bolt-ons you can have off the car and sold in 2 weeks...i'd probably keep most of these cause the OP had great taste and i'd really enjoy having them on the car. I'd just pull them later to sell when i sold the car and get my $2800 back then.
Turbo_J89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 08:28 AM   #17
indyz

Don't worry about it. It'll all be OK
Old 06-11-2018, 09:27 AM   #18
Turbo_J89

Quote:
Don't worry about it. It'll all be OK
Are you drunk texting at 7:30am?
Old 06-11-2018, 09:35 AM   #19
RedDragonSS2.0

Drives: 2017 Summit White Camaro SS 1LE
Lol this thread is like sticky tape used to trap flies!

Mods are not a good investment when it comes time to sell a vehicle unless you get the right buyer which fortunately I did as it worked out for both of us.

Mods were tastefully done and installed properly, car was well taken care of all which attracted the right buyer.

Can you find a deal elsewhere? Sure say you find a comparable car for 33k out of state between taxes Shipping/flight and gas what did you save?

End of the day no new car is going to hold its value.

My point for this topic is to show potential sellers to put in the legwork and stay Firm on your principles.

Good luck!

Rotofab Intake, Borla 60606 Midpipes, Corsa Extreme Axleback
RedDragonSS2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 10:20 AM   #20
ISO1le

Drives: 2017 Camaro Summit White 1LE(W/PDR)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_J89 View Post
OP put time, effort, and at least $4k in very tasteful mods most of us end up doing. Upgraded intake, exhaust components, catch can, upgraded led sidemarkers, etc...and he also added in some higher trim level features like the lighted door sills, dark tails, and suede inserts. I'd say the person who bought this knew what they were looking at and jumped on a good deal. You could pull half these mods and sell them and have your $34k 1LE.

I'm the one who bought the car off OP. You hit the nail on the head. It had everything I wanted. I was a local buyer, so I saved money by not having to fly out somewhere and pay for gas to drive it back. The car was kept in extremely good condition. You could tell he was an enthusiast and really took care of the car. I planned on putting an exahust, zl1 tails, catchcan and intake. I saw the value in everything he did. It was done professionally and tastefully. You're right. This is exactly what I was looking for and jumped on it very fast. I couldn't be happier with my purchase.
ISO1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 12:31 PM   #21
Turbo_J89

Congrats on the sweet deal on the 1LE and welcome to the forum! If I were still in the market, I would have jumped at this one too. Being local and not taking that risk flying out to buy a car you haven't seen in person is a bonus too. These 1LE's are monsters. You made the right choice!
Old 06-11-2018, 12:42 PM   #22
RedDragonSS2.0

Drives: 2017 Summit White Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISO1le View Post
I'm the one who bought the car off OP. You hit the nail on the head. It had everything I wanted. I was a local buyer, so I saved money by not having to fly out somewhere and pay for gas to drive it back. The car was kept in extremely good condition. You could tell he was an enthusiast and really took care of the car. I planned on putting an exahust, zl1 tails, catchcan and intake. I saw the value in everything he did. It was done professionally and tastefully. You're right. This is exactly what I was looking for and jumped on it very fast. I couldn't be happier with my purchase.

Rotofab Intake, Borla 60606 Midpipes, Corsa Extreme Axleback
RedDragonSS2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 01:38 PM   #23
indyz

Quote:
Are you drunk texting at 7:30am?
Probably just you mate. Mods are an investment

Joy
Old 06-11-2018, 01:54 PM   #24
Turbo_J89

Quote:
Probably just you mate. Mods are an investment

Joy
Please call an Uber. It isn't worth driving drunk.
Old 06-12-2018, 09:58 AM   #25
ISO1le

Drives: 2017 Camaro Summit White 1LE(W/PDR)
Quote:
Congrats on the sweet deal on the 1LE and welcome to the forum! If I were still in the market, I would have jumped at this one too. Being local and not taking that risk flying out to buy a car you haven't seen in person is a bonus too. These 1LE's are monsters. You made the right choice!

Thanks! Its been a blast to drive so far. The handling is out of this world. Can't wait to get this beast to the track!
ISO1le is offline   Reply With Quote