Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-16-2021, 04:19 PM   #1
rayruner

Drives: 16 2.0 red
tune

I finally desided to get a tune for my 16 ats 2.0 8 speed, could i have some opinions on the different tuners, good or bad, did quite a bit of research on different tuners, have no idea who to use.
rayruner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 06:38 PM   #2
Casimiro

Drives: 16 Cadillac ATS A8
I can only tell you that I am remote tuning now with Turbo Tim at ZZP. I have been hot rodding cars for years but with a Holley Carburetor and nitrous oxide. This is my first efi car and my first turbo car so I wouldn't know if Tim was the worst tuner in the world. I do know that my wife and I so far are very happy with how her car is running.
Casimiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 01:41 PM   #3
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
I've only dealt with Trifecta because they are local to me. I started with their "canned" email tune, than all the way up to 2 separate in-house dyno tunes. I may be the outlier here, but I can't express enough how satisfied I am with their work every step of the way. My car runs absolutely incredible. Can't wait to put it through Auto-X the spring.
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 07:48 PM   #4
Davescamaro

Drives: Chevy camaro
I'm in the same boat. Out in NC, I have called around and seems like no one wants to even try out the LTG or knows much about it. I guess remote tuning it is and crossing fingers of not blowing up.

I just want the volumetric efficiency data corrected for fuel curve and erase rear o2. That's all.
Knockoff zl1 sideskirts, gm front chin spoiler, 1le blade spoiler, diode sides, 20" staggered Asanti black labels, azenis 510 245/40/20 fronts, goodrich comp sport 2s 275/35/20 rears, fifty brembos front, 13.6" slotted and drilled powerstop rotors
Davescamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 10:31 AM   #5
Start The Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davescamaro View Post
I'm in the same boat. Out in NC, I have called around and seems like no one wants to even try out the LTG or knows much about it. I guess remote tuning it is and crossing fingers of not blowing up.

I just want the volumetric efficiency data corrected for fuel curve and erase rear o2. That's all.
Go on Trifecta's website and message them. Tell them what you want. Their software program comes with the obd2 cable and gives you full control of diagnostics scans and the ability to completely turn off any codes that pop up from o2 crap.
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance
Old 02-19-2021, 01:17 PM   #6
Davescamaro

I messaged them and I think it was Michael who replied that I would need their elite package.
Knockoff zl1 sideskirts, gm front chin spoiler, 1le blade spoiler, diode sides, 20" staggered Asanti black labels, azenis 510 245/40/20 fronts, goodrich comp sport 2s 275/35/20 rears, fifty brembos front, 13.6" slotted and drilled powerstop rotors
Old 02-20-2021, 12:45 PM   #7
Start The Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davescamaro View Post
I messaged them and I think it was Michael who replied that I would need their elite package.
Yes, that is correct. You can re-tune as may times as you want with that package as well. As you add mods, you can tune the car with it. As mentioned, the software they give you has the ability to scan and see fault codes that you can permanently turn off or back on yourself. I've turned off a million o2 codes because of my downpipe and the stupid code the aftermarket recirculation valve throws with it.
Old 02-22-2021, 10:24 PM   #8
Davescamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start The Machine View Post
Yes, that is correct. You can re-tune as may times as you want with that package as well. As you add mods, you can tune the car with it. As mentioned, the software they give you has the ability to scan and see fault codes that you can permanently turn off or back on yourself. I've turned off a million o2 codes because of my downpipe and the stupid code the aftermarket recirculation valve throws with it.
Thats pretty neat. I get about every 3 days of driving the p013f and its o2 related. Just annoying to clear the fault. Its due to the zzp catted dp and 90 degree bung they gave me
Old 03-07-2021, 07:06 PM   #9
i4heavychevy

Drives: 2019 2.0 camaro
I’m working with zzp on my tune and having very a positive experience. I had trifecta as well. It was ok but Im much happier with my zzp tune.
K&N Intake, mishimoto intercooler, mishimoto charge pipes, GFB Diverter valve, zzp catted downpipe, Rev9 quad tip muffler delete, twister muffler midpipe, mishimoto oil catch can, MSD coilpacks, Zzp tune, BMR front rear chassis brace, BMR rear-Rear chassis brace, zzp front tower strut brace, zzp larger throttle body. .
i4heavychevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 02:26 PM   #10
Casimiro

Drives: 16 Cadillac ATS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by i4heavychevy View Post
I’m working with zzp on my tune and having very a positive experience. I had trifecta as well. It was ok but Im much happier with my zzp tune.
Same here, I am very happy with the ZZP remote tuning with Tim and Matt.
Casimiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 06:09 PM   #11
i4heavychevy

Drives: 2019 2.0 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casimiro View Post
Same here, I am very happy with the ZZP remote tuning with Tim and Matt.
Yeah Matt’s working on mine, he has brought out a whole new monster in my car. I’m On the 4th revision. Possibly battling a vacuum leak near the intake manifold. But I’m still not sure where. I ran a boost leak test and it sounds like air leaking but when I presented the car with more pressure it didn’t have the leak so I’m not sure if it’s normal for the car to release pressure until a certain psi.
K&N Intake, mishimoto intercooler, mishimoto charge pipes, GFB Diverter valve, zzp catted downpipe, Rev9 quad tip muffler delete, twister muffler midpipe, mishimoto oil catch can, MSD coilpacks, Zzp tune, BMR front rear chassis brace, BMR rear-Rear chassis brace, zzp front tower strut brace, zzp larger throttle body. .
i4heavychevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 08:51 PM   #12
omgitsmiketuck

Drives: 2011 LS V6 (M) & 2019 LS I4 (AT)
I had an IPF tune on my 5th gen and was happy with it. ��
2011 Camaro LS (MT) - Vitesse Throttle Controller / Flowmaster 40 Mufflers / CAI Intake / Apex scoop and washer relocate / Epic Engineering Catch Can / SS Stoptech Brake lines / BMR 1.2" Lowering Springs / IPF tune /Magnaflow X-Pipe / 25mm Mace intake spacer / BBK Long Tube Headers with High Flow Cats

(Current) 2019 Camaro LS I4 - Vitesse Throttle Controller / Mishimoto intake boot and charge pipes / K&N panel / BMR Sway Bars / GFB DV+ / ZZP Larger Throttle Body
omgitsmiketuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 05:05 PM   #13
Davescamaro

I just ordered the Trifecta elite tune for mine. Anyone have this particular one and is it clutch/bottom end friendly? I've heard positive results after basic bolt ons.
Old 03-09-2021, 05:15 PM   #14
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayruner View Post
I finally desided to get a tune for my 16 ats 2.0 8 speed, could i have some opinions on the different tuners, good or bad, did quite a bit of research on different tuners, have no idea who to use.
Complete Street Performance outside Philly and Ted Jannetty in CT both have good reputations with 6th gen Camaros. Not sure about their specific turbo experience, however.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote