Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 03-01-2021, 02:34 PM   #15
laynlo15

Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
EDF did have a bad experience and I was working there but didn't realize he had been talking to sales until he brought it up on the forum. I don't know who is doing tech now or who is in sales, I'm assuming the same staff as when I left in March 2020 is in sales. I heard the sales people were also doing tech but can't say for sure. Sorry some are having issues but I have no clout there now to help with that.
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 03:09 PM   #16
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Quote:
Originally Posted by laynlo15 View Post
EDF did have a bad experience and I was working there but didn't realize he had been talking to sales until he brought it up on the forum. I don't know who is doing tech now or who is in sales, I'm assuming the same staff as when I left in March 2020 is in sales. I heard the sales people were also doing tech but can't say for sure. Sorry some are having issues but I have no clout there now to help with that.

Honestly I really wanted the maggi when the 2650 1st debuted but I gave up waiting. If they would of said you will get one of the 1st ones publicity offered on this date for waiting instead of giving me false dates and pushing something else on me I'd been okay and not so upset. I guess it worked out though I making some good power and provide people an alternative at a little better price.

Thanks lanyo15

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 04:45 PM   #17
01cbr929

Drives: Which one?
Yea, I think I'll just stay away from Magnuson. They still never replied to my last email which was pretty much me repeating my question all over again. Maybe Whipple has a new unit around the corner since they took down the 2.9L. I hate the idea of having to cut too much of my hood... like with the Edelbrock. Their instructions didn't seem to cover it well when I looked it up... then 500 to make it look decent... eeeck. https://www.lingenfelter.com/product/L850212017.html
Old 03-02-2021, 05:25 PM   #18
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Honestly it barely rubs and it's only the corners technically. I removed way to much but I new I was going to get the insert. Here are my pics before and after insert I'm really considering sending my insert to China to make a mold I got a quote for 200 for the mold and 90 bucks per insert. Shipping could come DHL next day for post office slow boat 🚢.

I was talking with Nick Purciello who came from Edelbrock and is now at whipple and the new larger unit will not fit under the hood. It will fit the zr1 lt5 with the lsrg hood. I was like I don't car about the hood I'm clearanced set me up lol.
Attached Images

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
Old 03-02-2021, 05:32 PM   #19
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01cbr929 View Post
Yea, I think I'll just stay away from Magnuson. They still never replied to my last email which was pretty much me repeating my question all over again. Maybe Whipple has a new unit around the corner since they took down the 2.9L. I hate the idea of having to cut too much of my hood... like with the Edelbrock. Their instructions didn't seem to cover it well when I looked it up... then 500 to make it look decent... eeeck. https://www.lingenfelter.com/product/L850212017.html
Whipple has the 3.8 coming up. On Jan 5th they told me 90-120 days out for a ballpark release date. Should be straight up nasty!
Old 03-02-2021, 06:21 PM   #20
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

As I said will not fit..
Attached Images

Old 03-02-2021, 06:57 PM   #21
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
As I said will not fit..
Hoods can be changed, my man.
Old 03-02-2021, 08:18 PM   #22
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

If it's like the edelbrock or lt5 blower the problem is the back side where it seals or sits on seal I looked at every hood before I cut mine for some dang reason all the hoods share that characteristic. Even the cowl hoods that are really raised up come back down to seal.

Take a look at the pick let's say the sealing area is 3 inches well I removed almost 2 of it. I talked to Anderson's, even went over to phastek to see a few for my self, I talk to Irocz, and a few late chats to China.

So you can roll the dice!! If ya gonna cut you might as well cut the stock!
Attached Images

Old 03-03-2021, 04:39 AM   #23
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01cbr929 View Post
So you're going to settle for an inferior product because they didn't respond to your questions in the timeframe you wanted? Have you simply tried calling Complete Street Performance and asking those questions? They sell the supercharger and would have the answer to all of your questions.
Z OH 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 07:40 AM   #24
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z OH 6 View Post
So you're going to settle for an inferior product because they didn't respond to your questions in the timeframe you wanted? Have you simply tried calling Complete Street Performance and asking those questions? They sell the supercharger and would have the answer to all of your questions.
Yes you are Correct, out of the box its Superior. I figured this would come up. The going price for the maggi is 6500 includes a 103mm snout. The edelbrock is 5400.00 or less kong porting is 1100.00 or less. Now what? Still inferior? I don't know of a maggi on pump E85 only making 1050 hp on a lower 8.3 and upper 3.00. I've seem jannetty make close to 1100 with a 9.77 or 10.00 lower and 3 inch upper. maybe even a smaller upper in fact. So why would it be inferior again? And whipple was the king till the 2650 came out they have the newer blower coming so I guess will see if the rises to the top again.

Complete speed is bias towards maggi for some reason. They never made a second half to testing the LT4 blower, Maggi 2650, Edelbrock 2650, or the LT5 blower. Everything Andrew mentioned was just guessing when he had all the blowers laid out and said "will see" On one of the live chats I asked Andrew why this didn't happen, I asked have you ever did port injection on one, Have you ever had an Edelbrock ported to compare vs maggi, and why there is no second half to that video putting all the blowers on your car and seeing the out come.... On the other hand Fran at RPM is using the heck out of them, likes them, and makes equally as good power with them. He brings up the story just like every shop remembers how the LS3 version was a piece of $%#&! Evey speed shop I know still uses that past experience to judge the new LT line. Even the 2300 that All Girls Garage installed 5 years ago on the wifes SS still runs strong issue free. she's making 615/666 ( 1 3/4 headers, rotofab, and LT4 injectors I might add) and whips the crap out of stock zl1s.

point is none are inferior...

Last edited by EDFHOBBIES; 03-03-2021 at 07:53 AM.
Old 03-03-2021, 08:08 AM   #25
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Yes you are Correct, out of the box its Superior. I figured this would come up. The going price for the maggi is 6500 includes a 103mm snout. The edelbrock is 5400.00 or less kong porting is 1100.00 or less. Now what? Still inferior? I don't know of a maggi on pump E85 only making 1050 hp on a lower 8.3 and upper 3.00. I've seem jannetty make close to 1100 with a 9.77 or 10.00 lower and 3 inch upper. maybe even a smaller upper in fact. So why would it be inferior again? And whipple was the king till the 2650 came out they have the newer blower coming so I guess will see if the rises to the top again.

Complete speed is bias towards maggi for some reason. They never made a second half to testing the LT4 blower, Maggi 2650, Edelbrock 2650, or the LT5 blower. Everything Andrew mentioned was just guessing when he had all the blowers laid out and said "will see" On one of the live chats I asked Andrew why this didn't happen, I asked have you ever did port injection on one, Have you ever had an Edelbrock ported to compare vs maggi, and why there is no second half to that video putting all the blowers on your car and seeing the out come.... On the other hand Fran at RPM is using the heck out of them, likes them, and makes equally as good power with them. He brings up the story just like every shop remembers how the LS3 version was a piece of $%#&! Evey speed shop I know still uses that past experience to judge the new LT line. Even the 2300 that All Girls Garage installed 5 years ago on the wifes SS still runs strong issue free. she's making 615/666 ( 1 3/4 headers, rotofab, and LT4 injectors I might add) and whips the crap out of stock zl1s.

point is none are inferior...

The Maggie 2650R is the current champ, there are new products coming that will be better, but that's always the case.
Z OH 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 08:28 AM   #26
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
The Magnuson, Edelbrock, and Whipple are all good Superchargers. All have made 1000whp+. It's pretty lame when a group of enthusiasts become divided based on what brand of supercharger sits on top of their engine.

If the OP wasn't happy with the responses he received from Magnuson...big deal. I probably would of contacted some reputable shops to answer any performance related questions but that is just me. Either way the Sun will continue to rise in the East and set in the West.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 09:16 AM   #27
newchevyman

Drives: 2017 Camero ZL1
Quote:
I don't know of a maggi on pump E85 only making 1050 hp on a lower 8.3 and upper 3.00. I've seem jannetty make close to 1100 with a 9.77 or 10.00 lower and 3 inch upper. maybe even a smaller upper in fact.
Using the happiest dyno in Houston and possibly the US isn't exactly a great way to drive the point home. Do you have any performance figures to back up that number? Track? Dragy?

CCNC has a Magnuson 2650 making 1014/863 using DI fuel upgrades without meth. Ryne Cunningham did the tuning. It went 180+ in half mile which is impressive.

ZLE I've seen on Facebook did 9.6@149 with Magnuson 2650 on 93 without meth. Speed Inc did that one.

The Eforce 2650 is a good blower undoubtedly but suggesting it's better than the Magnuson while only using your specific pulley combo and dyno numbers as your point of reference is not effective in proving anything.
2007 Z06 H/C/I/E Half Mile - 169 MPH. Sold.
newchevyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 10:21 AM   #28
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by newchevyman View Post
Using the happiest dyno in Houston and possibly the US isn't exactly a great way to drive the point home. Do you have any performance figures to back up that number? Track? Dragy?

CCNC has a Magnuson 2650 making 1014/863 using DI fuel upgrades without meth. Ryne Cunningham did the tuning. It went 180+ in half mile which is impressive.

ZLE I've seen on Facebook did 9.6@149 with Magnuson 2650 on 93 without meth. Speed Inc did that one.

The Eforce 2650 is a good blower undoubtedly but suggesting it's better than the Magnuson while only using your specific pulley combo and dyno numbers as your point of reference is not effective in proving anything.
You know Matt and Ryne talk back and forth a lot. They've even discussed my car back when I was going the LPE big bore pump route and had some issues. I don't see him boosting the numbers on a happy dyno since him and about 6 others good tuners share there info and results with one another I could be wrong but doubt it. I was the 1st 2650 ported by Greg in fact he contacted me. I was hesitant to port it and ask what would it add. " Greg said the mustang guys are seeing 100 plus" The deal he made me I said hell ya. I saw every bit of that gain.

I rolled raced the MTI car from about 2 mos. ago that did 915 with a stock blower he used 3rd I used 4th the cars were dead even from 60 so the power is pretty close I chose 4th mainly cuz i was on my kumho ps91 295s also I didn't hit it hard.

I've been hanging out with patrick at Vararam and he does some amazing work. A majority of his business is with the copo team. He was right there at the beginning of my build and saw the porting. I mentioned to him the age old claim with maggi about the bricks and that's why they have such low temps and make more power. we got to talking an the increase in velocity we saw has helped me lower the IATs over what any Formula 1 brick will do. Pat says the key is faster moving air is what produce a majority of the lower temps and I have to agree. Of course he explained in more detail than I could understand.

So ya I'm saying powerwise a ported eforce will make more power running the same pulley combo, same fuel, and same motor on the dyno.

I'm a manual 6 I have no business at 1/4 track I do plan to get a dragy and do some 60 to 140s for people. for now like most it's been to cold do anything. For me I know what I have and its working and gets the job done for the racing I do.

As I said before the LS 2300 eforce was such a turd there just aren't many people willing to or running the Eforce that are addicted to 1/4 mile times. They're scared of being different, or the shop told them it's no good, or they would rather go with something that a sure thing that's proven at the track.

If someone wants to send a stock maggi my way I'll dyno them head to head on the my car. I have plenty of fuel just send the port spacers.

My pulley combo is pretty good wouldn't you say? And wouldn't you have to say its more efficient now even more so than the maggi if that's really the power it makes on that combo? I can only give you my setup if you think Matts 2 dynos are reading high call him.

Its a good point all the blowers are good and we let it divide us by what we run. I'll admit I'm the 1st one to put someone in there place if there speaking out their butt just quoting a brochure. I'm rough around the edges and I'm an AZZhole but I'm also willing to help and I do show people exactly how to do something and provide a lot of learning material mainly because I have done it and like helping.

You can believe what you want and follow the crowd or you can stand out and prove something I say. Honestly I hope the power is 100 plus off I have a terrible feeling the stock thrust bearing are going to fail like people see in the 1000 rwhp builds. I'm actually considering lowering it to 850 I proved my point to the maggi guys hating on my build thread and was only going to 1000 flywheel which is around 850 until those guys messed w me!

Last edited by EDFHOBBIES; 03-03-2021 at 10:42 AM.