Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

Phastek Performance

Old 05-17-2020, 09:56 AM   #1
caSStro18

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Clay Bar

I’ve read so many different things. What is the next step after clay barring my car? Last time I used Meguire’s Ultimate Wax after I clay barred the car. Are those hybrid ceramic sprays any good? I want to do something that will last as long as possible. What are the methods and products you all use to protect your paint?
caSStro18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 10:05 AM   #2
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
So now you want us to write more? Go over to the Detailing forum here, look for posts from Joe SS, Kirk H, Gunk, myself and a few others you’ll learn… It’s not that we’re better, it’s just that we’ve used a Lotta crap… Lol.....Pick a thread you like and go buy some stuff.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=252

The ceramic sprays are great, they don’t last as long, but they go on a lot easier, so it’s no hassle to do them more often. And I hope you’re only claying about once a year…

But I’m sure my words will mostly Unheeded here, and that’s OK, my current magic formula is no clay, annual polish w/ car Pro essence on a soft pad and Griots cordless DA, then spray of Meguires ultimate ceramic spray. Rinseless wash bi weekly (or a touch less wash if I’m lazy) with Car pro ECH20....

Last edited by Glen e; 05-17-2020 at 10:33 AM.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 10:16 AM   #3
caSStro18

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Thank you. I did not read those posts. In fact I didn’t know there was even a place for that. I read others articles from various sources around the web. Many contradict the other. And there are just too many products out there! I’ll check out the posts you mentioned.
caSStro18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 10:19 AM   #4
mikeman
Banned

Drives: 2015 Camaro
I'm a firm believer in Ceramic sprays. I did my car over three weeks ago and nothing sticks to the paint now . Before, when I used to park somewhere, I would have these little drops/specks from fallout on the paint. Now, I get nothing. The paint is clear and pristine not even bug guts stick to it. It's amazing.
mikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 10:22 AM   #5
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by caSStro18 View Post
Thank you. I did not read those posts. In fact I didn’t know there was even a place for that. I read others articles from various sources around the web. Many contradict the other. And there are just too many products out there! I’ll check out the posts you mentioned.

Just one other thing, the difference between ALL the products (if apply correctly) is very small. They all gloss well, if it’s a major product and done in the right procedure. Pick one out that you like that give you a good gloss, and put your efforts into some other part of the car… It’s just not worth chasing the ultimate gloss…Car pro and meguires are great product lines.....
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 09:18 PM   #6
bscott07

Drives: 89/99 Silverado’s / future Ca
I’ve had a lot of luck following what Glen has posted there! I went with Meguiars 101, 201, sealant and had a lot of success.
bscott07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 09:30 PM   #7
KSA464

Drives: 2018 2SS
should this not be in the wash and wax section?
KSA464 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 09:31 PM   #8
Eel125

Drives: 2019 1SS 1LE shadow grey
Ive been using Aerolon Tech Shine on my car , truck , boat and jetski...the s**t is amazing ...it goes on after you wash your car and it is still wet, it goes on everything , glass ,moulding , front splitter and anything else on the exterior ..takes 15 minutes to do the entire car then you just rinse it off...water beads like crazy..
Attached Images

Eel125 is offline   Reply With Quote