Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 05-02-2020, 03:20 PM   #15
Jbanta1983

Drives: 2019 2ss 1LE
Ted jannity got back to me today with his price and requirements for the remote tune. I have to get a voltage booster for my fuel pump and a couple other small things and the hp tuner kit. All together I'm looking at around $1700 for his tune,
Jbanta1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 04:21 PM   #16
Kerry

Drives: 2019 2SS Camaro
Ouch!!! I sure do like my 300 dollar tune and no boost a pump. Car runs like no bodys busness for about 20000 miles now. Anyone that says the procharger tune is dangerous... well... Its not they err on the saftey side.
Kerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 05:29 PM   #17
Jbanta1983

That's how I feel
Old 05-04-2020, 10:14 AM   #18
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Far as fueling. 11.5 is too rich, 11.8 is ok, 12.2 is perfect, 12.5 is getting on the lean side of acceptable. The fueling window is very narrow on these engines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbanta1983 View Post
That's how I feel
You get what you pay for. Your car will be faster and drive nicer then a canned tune if that matters to you.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 11:51 AM   #19
Tim M

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
I'd be concerned about the cats if you are running them. Excess fuel will clog/fail them so another expense of not getting it right.

I recently add an LT4 blower (and fueling) to my 1LE and used Jannetty remote tuning. Admittedly, I've not fully rung it out, but the process as well as the current product runs like stock for driveability/fuel consumption/etc. I chose the LT4 fueling vice the boost a pump (injectors and HPFP)...less I could mess up upon install if I went with OEM parts. I've tuned cars and didn't want to touch this one...satisfied customer who lives a continent away.
Old 05-04-2020, 03:15 PM   #20
Jbanta1983

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim M View Post
I'd be concerned about the cats if you are running them. Excess fuel will clog/fail them so another expense of not getting it right.

I recently add an LT4 blower (and fueling) to my 1LE and used Jannetty remote tuning. Admittedly, I've not fully rung it out, but the process as well as the current product runs like stock for driveability/fuel consumption/etc. I chose the LT4 fueling vice the boost a pump (injectors and HPFP)...less I could mess up upon install if I went with OEM parts. I've tuned cars and didn't want to touch this one...satisfied customer who lives a continent away.

I will be adding LT4 INJECTORS and HPFP this fall. For now I will be monotoring A/F ratio, fuel rail pressure. After I get it the way I want I will go for the tune
Old 06-30-2020, 01:33 AM   #21
Clayj62915

Drives: Chevy Camaro
My experience with prochargers tune. I had to buy the 50 state version since I'm in CA. First my car felt like it was gonna fall apart it was shaking so bad. Turns out procharger sent me the wrong tune. Then the next tune threw 2 check engine lights for system lean in bank 1 and 2. The next tune... My long term fuel trim is still off and every once in a while my car has very bad idle problems and also gets pinging down low in rpms. Also my AFR gets up to mid 15s to 16s at idle and while under pretty heavy throttle. Procharger states it's fine and won't fix the tune even after sending multiple data logs. I'm not an expert in tuning but from what I understand and learned from other tuners explaining, my fuel trims are out of wack. I'm getting a reputable shop to Dyno tune my car now.. lesson learned.
Clayj62915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 09:18 PM   #22
Kerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayj62915 View Post
My experience with prochargers tune. I had to buy the 50 state version since I'm in CA. First my car felt like it was gonna fall apart it was shaking so bad. Turns out procharger sent me the wrong tune. Then the next tune threw 2 check engine lights for system lean in bank 1 and 2. The next tune... My long term fuel trim is still off and every once in a while my car has very bad idle problems and also gets pinging down low in rpms. Also my AFR gets up to mid 15s to 16s at idle and while under pretty heavy throttle. Procharger states it's fine and won't fix the tune even after sending multiple data logs. I'm not an expert in tuning but from what I understand and learned from other tuners explaining, my fuel trims are out of wack. I'm getting a reputable shop to Dyno tune my car now.. lesson learned.
Maybe Im wrong but i find things like this hard to belivem More than likley the install has a problem or somebody is wanting to push other tuners. procharger is not just sitting their putting out crap tunes. Just makes no common sense. They have done more than one car you know. Forums
Old 06-30-2020, 09:43 PM   #23
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
canned tunes suck period. I've used both Pray and Rynne Cunningham, many good vendors here also.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 10:44 PM   #24
Kerry

their is no way the procharger tune is causeing all his problems.
Old 07-01-2020, 01:41 AM   #25
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry View Post
their is no way the procharger tune is causeing all his problems.
good point
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 12:34 AM   #26
Clayj62915

Drives: Chevy Camaro
The problem is this is the 50 state kit with stage 2 intercooler which I was told is carb legal but could not find any evidence supporting it. I looked on every website and they all said stage 2 is not 50 state legal. The carb website doesn't state it's legal, only procharger over the phone told me it was legal. I looked on prochargers website it says not 50 state legal. The shop that sold me the procharger at brutespeed told me it was not legal but then sold it to me after procharger told them it was. The tune they gave me first was for the non 50 state version which my car did not like at all. The other tunes they sent me right off the bat threw the lean codes. All hoses are tight, no leaks at all, 1 step colder spark plugs and gapped per procharger at 0.03. Boost gauge is reading correct psi. Only thing wrong is AFR. Car had a Magnuson on it right before with absolutely no problems . It absolutely is the tune alone. I have spoke to local shops and they said many customers with prochargers have the same issues with the tune. When I message procharger about it all I get are 1 or 2 word replies. Seems to me they don't have a tune worked out for the 50 state with stage 2 intercooler since they had to adjust my tune several times. Like I said my car just had Magnuson taken off and was perfect prior, now I have all these headaches with procharger. I feel like an email tune guinea pig. I'm curious if anyone else is running the 50 state with stage 2 intercooler.

Last edited by Clayj62915; 07-06-2020 at 01:43 AM.
Clayj62915 is offline   Reply With Quote