Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-21-2020, 06:57 AM   #1
Swiss David

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Magnuson 2300 Heartbeat & Tuned by JRE

Modified opinion: 10.11.2020
Decided to delete the entire posting.

Last edited by Swiss David; 05-15-2021 at 05:24 PM.
Swiss David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 10:04 AM   #2
teddyca

Drives: Blown C7 and 6th gen
I honestly don't typically take the time to sit here and read a full post about experiences BUT man I am glad that I did. Ted at JRE, Laynlo15, KingLT1, toohighpsi, brettman have all been helpful to my silly questions as well. And they keep coming lol. I am glad this journey has been so successful for you buddy. I have a Maggie on my Camaro and a supercharger on my C7. I can tell you I love my Maggie in every way soooo much more. Sounds like you have the perfect reliable build for now. But the itch will come trust me. I have it now. Never goes away. Best of luck my friend.
Teddy

17 Camaro 2SS 50th edition. TOTALED 6/2019
K&N Intake, MRBP axleback, Eibach kit, 20" Z28 wheels, smoked lights all the way around, Rockford Fosgate system

17 Camaro 2SS 50th edition. Round 2- 8/2019 550/600 RWHP, Magnuson TVS2300, Rotofab Intake, Corsa Xtreme, Air Lift P3 System, 20" Stance SF-07, smoked lights all the way around, Rockford Fosgate system.
teddyca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 10:41 AM   #3
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Glad to hear your setup is dialed in and performing well!
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 03:11 PM   #4
Swiss David

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyca View Post
I honestly don't typically take the time to sit here and read a full post about experiences BUT man I am glad that I did. Ted at JRE, Laynlo15, KingLT1, toohighpsi, brettman have all been helpful to my silly questions as well. And they keep coming lol. I am glad this journey has been so successful for you buddy. I have a Maggie on my Camaro and a supercharger on my C7. I can tell you I love my Maggie in every way soooo much more. Sounds like you have the perfect reliable build for now. But the itch will come trust me. I have it now. Never goes away. Best of luck my friend.
Teddy
Thanks Teddyca.
This Maggie is awesome indeed!
And you're not wrong about the itch. Since posting, I purchased the LT5 throttle body just to bring it all together.
Now I only struggle with tires breaking traction and a very annoying rear end kicking out to the right - love to fight with it, but not this much. Tires are semi-slick Corsa (Good when in temp), but I think it needs an alignment yesterday.
Old 05-30-2020, 03:32 PM   #5
Swiss David

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
Glad to hear your setup is dialed in and performing well!
Thanks Kinglt1.
Old 06-02-2020, 09:22 AM   #6
Swiss David

Just a quick update. I installed the Griptec 90mm supercharger pulley and all dialed in. I went down to a K008042HD belt to keep it all tight. All runs amazing! Very happy with it. Only that now I can only run it to about E55, above this and I start to hit the 6.0mil second injector pulse width and a slight fuel pressure drop. I ran it to about E65 to find the limit and it reached 6.4mil.

I also encountered a problem when we installed the new LT5 throttle body with the adapter plate. The air intake tube that came with the maggie contracted a fair bit to mate with the rotofab intake connection and the rubber flex part made contact with the upper pulley and belt under it. No wonder I was getting black marks on the belt!! :/ This carved out a nice piece of rubber with a small hole in it now - patched up for now and slightly rotated the maf housing section to position the angle higher to avoid the air hose contact with the belt. Not sure if I should get a new maggie air intake tube or simply reuse the rotofab plastic hose. The roto-fab was originally purchased for the standard SS model.

Last edited by Swiss David; 06-04-2020 at 06:29 AM.
Old 06-16-2020, 12:59 PM   #7
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
David thank you for the great write up and updates to your build.

JRE greatly appreciates you taking the time out of your day to write a comprehensive review.

Thank you for your business.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 04:02 PM   #8
swisstyphoon
Former GM Technician

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10, 06 Silverado Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiss David View Post
First time I post on this forum and first of all I want to thank all the members on here. Without your advice and mechanical sound knowledge, my build and direction building it would not be the same. I picked up more info in this forum than anywhere else (incl. Switzerland – LOL!!). Just to name a few on this forum, a big thanks goes out to: Ted at JRE, Laynlo15, KingLT1, toohighpsi, brettman.....

Hello David.
Sounds like you have an awesome car! Not many supercharged SS over here!
I feel you, I know just to well how it is to get something for our cars, when you live over here...
Finally I'm not the only Swiss guy on here anymore.. lol
What part of Switzerland do you live in?
Were you able to get the car through the DMV inspection (MFK) with the longtubes and the supercharger?
Gruss Rolf
Rotofab Big Gulp, Nick Williams 103, Magnuson 2650, 9.17" (14%) lower, 90mm upper, Vengeance Racing Heads (LME) Cam Package (Cammotion Stage 1), Johnson Lifters, JMS Voltage Booster, Lingenfelter high flow check valve, BBK shorty headers, Custom 2.75" down pipes, Gesi Gen2 high flow cats, MM catch can 791whp, 772ft-lbs SAE
Just added 30% XDI Injectors, LPE big bore hpfp, Flex fuel.
Elite tuning, results coming soon.

2006 Silverado Duramax Diesel
MPI Compound Turbo
40% over Injectors
Efi Live DSP5 Tuning

Follow me on Instagram: Swisstyphoon1980

Last edited by swisstyphoon; 06-17-2020 at 04:20 PM.
swisstyphoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 04:31 PM   #9
Swiss David

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisstyphoon View Post
Hello David.
Sounds like you have an awesome car! Not many supercharged SS over here!
I feel you, I know just to well how it is to get something for our cars, when you live over here...
Finally I'm not the only Swiss guy on here anymore.. lol
What part of Switzerland do you live in?
Were you able to get the car through the DMV inspection (MFK) with the longtubes and the supercharger?
Gruss Rolf

Thanks Rolf. Indeed you are not alone my friend. We are probably the only owners of these cars in the entire country - not many to be found in these parts. We certainly do some good publicity for Chev with our killer rides
I live out in the Geneva french side.
DMV inspection is still pending and it may remain this way. I still haven't decided. I anyway intend to register the car down in Spain - Just keep it there as a weekend car.
All the best!!
Old 06-18-2020, 04:41 PM   #10
Swiss David

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
David thank you for the great write up and updates to your build.

JRE greatly appreciates you taking the time out of your day to write a comprehensive review.

Thank you for your business.

Ted.

deleted

Last edited by Swiss David; 11-10-2020 at 04:43 AM.