Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 08-12-2020, 01:36 PM   #57
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
I agree most wouldn't choose the Camaro if money was no consideration, but I wouldn't say none. Some of us are not into "yuppy" euro or luxury vehicles.

I am by no means extremely wealthy but I do ok, enough to able to have had a GS and an SS 1le at the same time. You would have never caught me in a European car with a cost of entry that equaled the GS and SS 1le combined, not due to the money just preferance.

If money was no object I'd have a zr1, zl1 1le, and a gt350r as my sports cars of choice. I'm just a simple hillbilly who likes what he likes lol.
I'd love to say I would share your choice of rides, but I think if I had that kind of money where I could even consider buying a car that costs 6 figures I'd probably be a snob and end up in said car lol
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 01:36 PM   #58
minn19

Drives: 22 ZL1, 20 Taco, 20 Cayenne S
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
The V8 is just as light as the flat 6 when all is said and done, especially on my Bro's car since he has an aftermarket turbo setup, so it really is NOT a drag race package.

He is for you electric guys, be prepared to be surprised.
http://vonnen.com/performance-metrics/

http://vonnen.com/photo-gallery/#lightbox[group-20672]/12/
I'm not sure if this is what you are saying, but I'm not an electric car guy. I just know the writing is on the wall in a number of ways and it is inevitable.
minn19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 04:10 PM   #59
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
I turn 50 in a few years and the ZLE should be paid off. If there is a manual version of GT4 Cayman (or a nice used one) then that would be a nice little stable mate. As good as the PDK is, I think I'd still stay with the manual.
Oh my bad forgot you were a hardcore manual (manmission lol) guy as well, had you mixed up with ZRacerLE who has an a10 zl1 1le I believe. Yea the pdk is great but so is the Porsche m6, it would be my choice as well.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 04:12 PM   #60
RobbyBeefcake87

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
I'd love to say I would share your choice of rides, but I think if I had that kind of money where I could even consider buying a car that costs 6 figures I'd probably be a snob and end up in said car lol
Nothing wrong with that either lol... I had a McLaren 570 kick there for a while there myself, I still appreciate said cars even though I joke or bust balls about being snobby, yuppy or whatever.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
Old 08-12-2020, 05:26 PM   #61
ZRacerLE

Drives: The DSSV Twins: ZR2 and ZLE A10
Quote:
Oh my bad forgot you were a hardcore manual (manmission lol) guy as well, had you mixed up with ZRacerLE who has an a10 zl1 1le I believe. Yea the pdk is great but so is the Porsche m6, it would be my choice as well.
I've already convinced myself, my c6z was the last manual I'll own. Everything is going to DCT and then electric. I'm pretty simple minded about it. I'm just looking to win time trials with the latest tech and keeping the car as stock as possible. Weird quest, I know.
ZRacerLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 06:17 AM   #62
RobbyBeefcake87

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRacerLE View Post
I've already convinced myself, my c6z was the last manual I'll own. Everything is going to DCT and then electric. I'm pretty simple minded about it. I'm just looking to win time trials with the latest tech and keeping the car as stock as possible. Weird quest, I know.
That's definately the way of the future, who knows the camaro6 might be the last manual GM vehicle produced. I assume the s650 mustang will have an m6 option also but after that, it'll probably be relegated to sub 400 hp Japanese sports cars/hatches for the most part imo. This next gen of m3s and m4s too, but after that they'll probably phase it out too for dct's and traditional torque converters.

I meant no offense by the manmission thing btw, just personal preference and ball busting lol.. shoot your last m6 vehicle had less nannies and aids than the 6th gens.
Old 08-13-2020, 09:28 AM   #63
ZRacerLE

Quote:
That's definately the way of the future, who knows the camaro6 might be the last manual GM vehicle produced. I assume the s650 mustang will have an m6 option also but after that, it'll probably be relegated to sub 400 hp Japanese sports cars/hatches for the most part imo. This next gen of m3s and m4s too, but after that they'll probably phase it out too for dct's and traditional torque converters.

I meant no offense by the manmission thing btw, just personal preference and ball busting lol.. shoot your last m6 vehicle had less nannies and aids than the 6th gens.
No offense taken at all my man!

I'm loving this "race tuned" A10 so much. Really cool focusing on just race line, braking, throttle, and cornering traction. It's making me faster for sure.

With the C6Z, heel toe down shifting became 2nd nature, but it still took up mental bandwidth that took away from the other phases.

If someone doesn't road race, then I could definitely see how an automatic would become boring though.
Old 08-13-2020, 11:17 AM   #64
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
Quote:
Quote:
No offense taken at all my man!

I'm loving this "race tuned" A10 so much. Really cool focusing on just race line, braking, throttle, and cornering traction. It's making me faster for sure.

With the C6Z, heel toe down shifting became 2nd nature, but it still took up mental bandwidth that took away from the other phases.

If someone doesn't road race, then I could definitely see how an automatic would become boring though.
My man! We have the same thinking, but I still think I'll buy another manual at some point... More for the pure enjoyment, knowing i'll be slower (which is hard to swallow for TT)
TheRealJA105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 12:42 PM   #65
ZRacerLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJA105 View Post
My man! We have the same thinking, but I still think I'll buy another manual at some point... More for the pure enjoyment, knowing i'll be slower (which is hard to swallow for TT)
Can't go wrong either way. I do hope manual sticks around in case I start missing it.
Old 08-13-2020, 02:08 PM   #66
minn19

Drives: 22 ZL1, 20 Taco, 20 Cayenne S
Quote:
No prob

Quote:
Nothing wrong with equipping the car for whatever your goals are. Either hitting a time or just for fun etc.
minn19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 08:06 PM   #67
LESS1

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Quote:
I agree most wouldn't choose the Camaro if money was no consideration, but I wouldn't say none. Some of us are not into "yuppy" euro or luxury vehicles.
I shopped GT350R, Porsche 718 S, GTS and GT4, C7 GS and Z06 as well as SLE and ZLE. After plenty of research and test drives, I went with SLE because for my track car use case it was the best option. Additionally, I just couldn't see spending 718 money and then potentially wad it up on track. Not saying it's ok to wad up any of the others, just a lot less hurt on the wallet should it happen. And yes I know all about track insurance... good luck with re-sell should you use it.
LESS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 08:19 PM   #68
LESS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post
Minus the DSSV shocks. I would definitely go GT4 if they put the DSSV on the Z06. I doubt it though, they always go MRC on the Vette's.

Now if they went all out and put Ohlin coilovers on it, I would be all over it. But I doubt they would go that route.
Why sweat the suspension when you can change it out? C8 Z06 has the potential to be the best under 300K super car available. For that level of performance and the low cost (relative), I'd spend the 6K plus on an Ohlins set up along with another 6k plus for AP brakes and wouldn't give it a second thought.

Last edited by LESS1; 08-13-2020 at 08:57 PM.
Old 08-13-2020, 08:35 PM   #69
LESS1

Quote:
Naive or maybe you're just talking out of your ass.

I don't care where a vehicle is made, I currently own two Miatas a long with my American muscle.

What the cars that I mentioned offer on top of the classic American muscle badges is a front engine rwd manual transmission setup which I am partial to and a great performance per dollar value. You won't find that anywhere else, and definately not in a European vehicle. Porsches are amazing machines, just not my cup of tea.

I'm naive but yet you've stated your preferances for cars that can't handle and spinout all over the place plenty of times lol. Different strokes for different folks, we all have our preferances.
Agree and I must be naive or just simple because I don't see any muscle cars on your list. Just a nice collection of world class sports cars for those that don't want to drop close to or more than 100K to join the Euro club.
Old 08-14-2020, 06:54 AM   #70
RobbyBeefcake87

Quote:
Originally Posted by LESS1 View Post
I shopped GT350R, Porsche 718 S, GTS and GT4, C7 GS and Z06 as well as SLE and ZLE. After plenty of research and test drives, I went with SLE because for my track car use case it was the best option. Additionally, I just couldn't see spending 718 money and then potentially wad it up on track. Not saying it's ok to wad up any of the others, just a lot less hurt on the wallet should it happen. And yes I know all about track insurance... good luck with re-sell should you use it.
My sentiments exactly.