Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 02-12-2018, 07:40 AM   #1933
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
I would have to believe that Ford never pitched that the PP1 was a competitor for the 1Le , in fact i have read that Ford has said that the PP2 is not a direct competitor for the 1Le . The only mustang that is a competitor for the 1Le is the GT350 /350R .
I don't think Ford knows WTF they're doing. They designed the GT350(R) to take on the 5th Gen Z cars in their last year of production which was dumb as hell and completely pointless. They built the 15 GT to be slower than the outgoing GT and matching the outgoing SS which made no sense. They could have at least matched the outgoing performance. I mean, who goes into a new platform slower than they left the old one? Ford. Then they threw together upgraded garbage on the PP which didn't do shit. Then they shot themselves in the foot since they couldn't build the GT to compete with the SS since the SS was on the heels of the Shelby. So they upgrade the GT after 3 MYs but it still couldn't beat the competition...and instead of pulling out all the stops, they paired the Bullitt up with 475 hp, the PP1, and manual trans, and threw the A10 on the GT with the 460 hp and A10 but the PP2 gets the 460 hp and M6. Why the hell didn't they just give the PP2 or Bullitt both the PP2 and the 475 hp engine. It's like they're a bunch of morons. Looking at all this bullshit, I'm starting to have doubts that the GT500 will be actually impressive.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 08:17 AM   #1934
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
You missed the point. Some idiot over on your favorite site was talking about how a GT with the A10 and PP2 can beat Corvettes. And that is why the person you replied to made that statement. But what I don't understand is, since he made that statement about the PP2, why did you feel it necessary to bring up the 1LE when it had nothing to do with anything he said nor what he replied to? Because like I said, you prefer the Mustang over the Camaro. You can deny it all you want tho. Which is amusing to me because I don't understand why you Mustang guys are soo scared to just admit it. It makes absolutely no sense. You guys come over here under pretenses, defend the Mustang, take every chance you get to knock the Camaro, but you're afraid to admit you prefer the Mustang, lol!!
Agreed. Read his nut hugging posts on the Mustang forums. He tries to come over here in peace and play nice. And why is it it's ONLY the Mustang guys coming over here? I haven't seen a Mopar fanboy in ages. For some reason, it's always been like that. It's like Mustang owners feel the need to prove themselves to others I suppose. Which would explain why almost every time I pull up next to a Mustang driver (fitting the stereotype of course), they want to race. It never fails. Hey, I'm in a Mustang, hear me roar or some shit like that. It's pathetic.

Last edited by kttxz06; 02-12-2018 at 09:05 AM.
kttxz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 08:25 AM   #1935
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
You missed the point. Some idiot over on your favorite site was talking about how a GT with the A10 and PP2 can beat Corvettes. And that is why the person you replied to made that statement. But what I don't understand is, since he made that statement about the PP2, why did you feel it necessary to bring up the 1LE when it had nothing to do with anything he said nor what he replied to?
Without trying to track that down again, I'm sure I thought that his claim of a GT in any OE trim beating a Corvette was just as silly as you do, and tried to at least get him back to comparing cars of more generally comparable intent. But if you care to point me at a thread or a post date in a PM I might revisit it.

I'm sure that there are people over there who feel that I favor the Camaro as much as you feel that I favor the Mustang. It's what a neutral position looks like from both positions of clear favoritism. Things might have been different if I'd had an SS to choose from back in the 2007 time frame, and likely would have been had there been a 1LE option. I really am that focused on cornering and handling, once I've settled on a general car category, that 1LE availability would have tipped the balance for sure.

Norm
Old 02-12-2018, 08:38 AM   #1936
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
Agreed. Read his nut hugging posts on the Mustang forums. He tries to come over here in peace and play nice. And why is it it's ONLY the Mustang guys coming over here? I haven't seen a Mopar fanboy in ages. For some reason, it's always been like that. It's like Mustang owners feel the need to prove themselves to others I suppose. Which would explain why almost every time I pull up next to a Mustang driver (fitting the stereotype of course), they want to race. It never fails. Hey, I'm in a Mustang, here me roar or some shit like that. It's pathetic.
Are we talking about the same guy here? I have spent my share of time on both sites, from a year or so back when I hoped the '18 refresh came with a Tremec manual. Anyway, never saw a single Fanboy or Nut Hugger comment. Always has come across as a Car Guy that likes to track his Mustang. Have seen him call out a many misinformed fanboy on both sides actually.

I am not a die hard Chevy guy, just owned a few Camaros as they have historically been better at turning haha. I dont go on that other site much, but thats because of the members and not the Mustang itself. Mustang fanboys are notoriously misinformed and nonsensical, not to mention hostile. This thread is getting to that point it seems. Makes that other forum a lot less enjoyable for the guy that just wants to talk about what these cars can do.
Old 02-12-2018, 09:10 AM   #1937
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
Are we talking about the same guy here? I have spent my share of time on both sites, from a year or so back when I hoped the '18 refresh came with a Tremec manual. Anyway, never saw a single Fanboy or Nut Hugger comment. Always has come across as a Car Guy that likes to track his Mustang. Have seen him call out a many misinformed fanboy on both sides actually.

I am not a die hard Chevy guy, just owned a few Camaros as they have historically been better at turning haha. I dont go on that other site much, but thats because of the members and not the Mustang itself. Mustang fanboys are notoriously misinformed and nonsensical, not to mention hostile. This thread is getting to that point it seems. Makes that other forum a lot less enjoyable for the guy that just wants to talk about what these cars can do.

This thread was lost a long time ago. We are just keeping it going for the fun of it.

The points have been made. The rest is just banter back and forth. I suppose he's over here cus it's dead over there. Just seems the one's who make the trek over to this site bring their fanboyism with them.
Old 02-12-2018, 09:20 AM   #1938
ST1LE

Quote:

This thread was lost a long time ago. We are just keeping it going for the fun of it.

The points have been made. The rest is just banter back and forth. I suppose he's over here cus it's dead over there. Just seems the one's who make the trek over to this site bring their fanboyism with them.
I know what you mean, we have seen a VERY healthy surge in Fanboys coming over here since the '18 refresh leak.
Old 02-12-2018, 09:33 AM   #1939
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
Without trying to track that down again, I'm sure I thought that his claim of a GT in any OE trim beating a Corvette was just as silly as you do, and tried to at least get him back to comparing cars of more generally comparable intent. But if you care to point me at a thread or a post date in a PM I might revisit it.

I'm sure that there are people over there who feel that I favor the Camaro as much as you feel that I favor the Mustang. It's what a neutral position looks like from both positions of clear favoritism. Things might have been different if I'd had an SS to choose from back in the 2007 time frame, and likely would have been had there been a 1LE option. I really am that focused on cornering and handling, once I've settled on a general car category, that 1LE availability would have tipped the balance for sure.

Norm
Norm, you're one of the very best members we have here and I'm sure the same goes on the other site.
I give great credence to all your posts no matter what car you're talking about. Thanks for keeping it real..
Old 02-12-2018, 09:36 AM   #1940
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
Is the 2018 SS 1LE vs Mustang GT PP1 -- Head2Head coming still? LOL I get a kick out of reading this thread when i hop on the forums, takes my mind off real daily life work related stress. Turned into a hell of a lot of other comparisons and BS talk which was expected. Still i just wait for a 18' GT Pee Pee P whatever to come next to me and run that straightaway in my neck of the woods but seems maybe their hibernating for the winter or something as i am yet to see one. Since we are totally off subject i was wondering if anyone knows if they are still putting in these cheap plastic plated switches that fade over time in the 18's? What a cheap F'n part i tell ya!!! If so keep up the great work Ford. Muahhahahaha
Attached Images

keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 09:40 AM   #1941
ST1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Norm, you're one of the very best members we have here and I'm sure the same goes on the other site.
I give great credence to all your posts no matter what car you're talking about. Thanks for keeping it real..
Agreed
Old 02-12-2018, 09:52 AM   #1942
Chadicus

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:

I suspect the fanboys will be back when spring hits and the PP2 gets tested. I'm starting to think Ford may bump up the base Coyote motor again in 2020 or so. The 350 and Bullitt will both be gone by then most likely and the GT will never come close to the 500 anyway.

Shame the 350 still exists honestly. Ford would have done much better in my mind by taking that suspension and chassis and putting the Coyote in it for the PP2.
Chadicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 10:05 AM   #1943
ST1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadicus View Post
I suspect the fanboys will be back when spring hits and the PP2 gets tested. I'm starting to think Ford may bump up the base Coyote motor again in 2020 or so. The 350 and Bullitt will both be gone by then most likely and the GT will never come close to the 500 anyway.

Shame the 350 still exists honestly. Ford would have done much better in my mind by taking that suspension and chassis and putting the Coyote in it for the PP2.
There are so many years left for the S550, they have plenty of time for that stuff to trickle down to the GT. If they expect to keep S550 sales strong until 2025, they will need to constantly update it just as they did in the past with previous generations.
Old 02-12-2018, 10:10 AM   #1944
Godfatha

Drives: 2016 2SS Mosaic Black Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by keon718nyc View Post
Is the 2018 SS 1LE vs Mustang GT PP1 -- Head2Head coming still? LOL I get a kick out of reading this thread when i hop on the forums, takes my mind off real daily life work related stress. Turned into a hell of a lot of other comparisons and BS talk which was expected. Still i just wait for a 18' GT Pee Pee P whatever to come next to me and run that straightaway in my neck of the woods but seems maybe their hibernating for the winter or something as i am yet to see one. Since we are totally off subject i was wondering if anyone knows if they are still putting in these cheap plastic plated switches that fade over time in the 18's? What a cheap F'n part i tell ya!!! If so keep up the great work Ford. Muahhahahaha
Since PP doesn't stand for Performance Pack, what does it stand for?

Pound Puppies (Ford's equivalent to the Bumblebee version)
Piss Poor
Pony Poser
Parts Project
Pretty Petunas

Any ideas?
Godfatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 10:13 AM   #1945
Godfatha

Drives: 2016 2SS Mosaic Black Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by keon718nyc View Post
Great foresight on Ford's part though, to put the hazard switch next to the stop/start button.
Godfatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 11:14 AM   #1946
metros11

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
Where are you getting your data. I compared the 2013 Boss low mileage under 15000 miles, all trims, as it would best compare with the 6th Gen 1LE, Averaging up every vehicle on page 1 (22-vehicles) in autotrader I have an average of $40,878.00, where are you coming up with 29k? If you are tossing in 2012 models they are not as sought after as the 13-model.
I'm getting data off Autotrader. You're using average, why? There is a private seller with a Laguna Seca asking $60,000, there are three other sellers that are asking over $40,000 for their LS models. Any base Boss is under $40K, so your 'average of $40,878' is definitely invalid. A Laguna Seca is to a Boss what an R is to a base GT350, same as a 1LE is to a base SS. Different cars command different prices, same as they did when they were new. And why are you using 'average' when someone thinks his 500 mile example is worth $60,000 just because it set in a garage for 5 years. This argument is ridiculous, it skews the number way up. A true indicator of where the values are headed is too look at the lowest available examples.

You want to exclude 2012s... sure, here are two perfectly good 2013 examples:

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...odelCode1=MUST = $29,500
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...odelCode1=MUST = $30,444
metros11 is offline   Reply With Quote