Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-19-2011, 06:12 AM   #29
RickRay
INJACC

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS AUTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgebunny View Post
I need some feedback. I have Airaid V2, MRT V2 w/o resonators and just got a transmission tune. My goal is to do DT shorties and hi-flow cats and a torque converter. Soon after I will start using nitrous for track purposes. I don't want a CEL because I don't want to do the trifecta tune.

1. Can you find hi flow cats for this car and just by them self?
2. Putting shorties on with hi flow cats cause a CEL?
I have Solo HFC since last year & no cels...
I will be putting on JBA shorties soon & will have a tune with my set up so hopefully I won`t have any Cels..

Good luck with your mods
Member of 'Club Elite' #70
2LT/RS Auto / Solo HFC / Solo Mach X-LLT J-Pipe / JBA Headers Shorty
CAI - Cold Air Inductions / VMAX TB / Trifecta Tune
Hotchkis Max Strut Brace / Blade Dovetail Spoiler / Elite Catch Can
ACS T3 Hood Ports / T2 Bumper Ports / T2 Splitter / ACS T1 Led Light Kit
ACS Rockers / ACS Composite Hood Liner / ACS Upper Rear Quarter Ports
ACS Front Wheel Mud Flaps / ACS Rear Wheel Mud Flaps / Vitesse Throttle Controller
Pedders Drop Suspension / BMR Lower Control Arms / Style 41 ZL1 Wheels /
Oracle Afterburners / Oracle Concept SMD Side markers
Complete SS Brembo Brakes Set
RickRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:11 PM   #30
Camaro Freak

Drives: 2010 IOM 2LT 334HP
Hey BB, ever thought of doing electric exhaust cutouts?? They will give you 15 to 18 HP and sound very bad ass!! If you run them open on the street though you will draw some cops for sure. But during events and at the strip they are the bomb!!
Old 04-19-2011, 09:21 PM   #31
camaro4mybday
"Camaro Joe"

Drives: 2010 SILVER ICE 2LT/RS CAMARO
Send a message via AIM to camaro4mybday
just go with a nice set of long tube american racing header lt's with highflow cats, ill give you a good deal that what ill be throwing on my lt =)
camaro4mybday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 07:38 AM   #32
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Drives: Not a Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickRay View Post
I have Solo HFC since last year & no cels...
I will be putting on JBA shorties soon & will have a tune with my set up so hopefully I won`t have any Cels..

Good luck with your mods
I already have a tranny tune. Our goal is to avoid a CEL without the trifecta tune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Freak View Post
Hey BB, ever thought of doing electric exhaust cutouts?? They will give you 15 to 18 HP and sound very bad ass!! If you run them open on the street though you will draw some cops for sure. But during events and at the strip they are the bomb!!
I will think about it thanks! We are right now trying to find a way around the O2 sensors to decide headers, going to have Circle D custom make us a torque converter (3200 stall) and then we are going to relocate one of the air sensors, get some rear drags, and see what we have with all that. Then from there... Is all top secret.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro4mybday View Post
just go with a nice set of long tube american racing header lt's with highflow cats, ill give you a good deal that what ill be throwing on my lt =)
The thing is we don't want a cel... so we are looking into some "tricks" to avoid them. If we can get it to work. LTs it will be.
bossbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 07:51 AM   #33
GoPaul
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2LT RS M6
Quote:
I already have a tranny tune. Our goal is to avoid a CEL without the trifecta tune.

I will think about it thanks! We are right now trying to find a way around the O2 sensors to decide headers, going to have Circle D custom make us a torque converter (3200 stall) and then we are going to relocate one of the air sensors, get some rear drags, and see what we have with all that. Then from there... Is all top secret.

The thing is we don't want a cel... so we are looking into some "tricks" to avoid them. If we can get it to work. LTs it will be.
nice one BB

I hope you are not being the test dummy for an ARD V6 Turbo! that was my calling LOL
This is great that you are getting ARD to do stuff and will surely help all us V6'ers particularly in the Houston area
Old 04-20-2011, 07:54 AM   #34
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPaul View Post
nice one BB

I hope you are not being the test dummy for an ARD V6 Turbo! that was my calling LOL
This is great that you are getting ARD to do stuff and will surely help all us V6'ers particularly in the Houston area
No, no turbo. But they haven't really done many V6's for anything other than CAI's and springs so it will definately help them out, a learning experience. Once we find a way around the O2 sensors they will install my headers and relocate that air temp sensor. And then we will dyno. And then we will order the torque converter. I'm pretty excited. Would be cool for ARD to have a fast V6 under their belt to balance out all those whipple builds.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:02 AM   #35
GoPaul
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2LT RS M6
Quote:
No, no turbo. But they haven't really done many V6's for anything other than CAI's and springs so it will definately help them out, a learning experience. Once we find a way around the O2 sensors they will install my headers and relocate that air temp sensor. And then we will dyno. And then we will order the torque converter. I'm pretty excited. Would be cool for ARD to have a fast V6 under their belt to balance out all those whipple builds.
The DT or JBA Shorties are on my wishlist too - I don't really want to void my warranty at this point and I think the tune that is required to remove the CEL that LT's throw will do that. In your instance then it's not the shorties that will throw the CEL but the high flow cats right (or at least the combo of the 2)?
Old 04-20-2011, 08:11 AM   #36
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPaul View Post
The DT or JBA Shorties are on my wishlist too - I don't really want to void my warranty at this point and I think the tune that is required to remove the CEL that LT's throw will do that. In your instance then it's not the shorties that will throw the CEL but the high flow cats right (or at least the combo of the 2)?
Yeah the cats will. We were looking at some stuff to try and trick the O2 sensors. Idk yet.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:21 AM   #37
camaro4mybday
"Camaro Joe"

Drives: 2010 SILVER ICE 2LT/RS CAMARO
Send a message via AIM to camaro4mybday
Once I get back from vac on Friday I'm gonna shoot an email to my guy at arh and pick his brain and see what we can gather. Arh is massive header company so I know if it can be done they will know!
camaro4mybday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:23 AM   #38
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
02 extenders have been tried...even doubling up on the extenders and guys are still having the CEL go off eventually.

If you or someone at ARH can come up with a solution that would be very sweet.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:23 AM   #39
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

So... the trifecta tune... Does it correct the air fuel ratio? Are there other ways to correct the air fuel ratio for our car?

Cause even if we find a way around the O2 sensors we will have to find a way to adjust the A/F.

Last edited by bossbunny; 04-20-2011 at 08:54 AM.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:23 AM   #40
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
02 extenders have been tried...even doubling up on the extenders and guys are still having the CEL go off eventually.

If you or someone at ARH can come up with a solution that would be very sweet.
What about simulators?

Last edited by bossbunny; 04-20-2011 at 08:54 AM.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:27 AM   #41
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Hrmm, well honestly I'm not exactly sure what a simulator is lol. There is one guy that tried an extender that apparantly was supposed to act like a mini catalytic converter, but apparantly that too failed.
Old 04-20-2011, 09:01 AM   #42
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Hrmm, well honestly I'm not exactly sure what a simulator is lol. There is one guy that tried an extender that apparantly was supposed to act like a mini catalytic converter, but apparantly that too failed.
Hm...