Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-12-2023, 10:27 PM   #1
casonm23

Drives: 2016 Camaro LT
Unhappy 2016 Camaro LT 3.6 Clunk Sound Coming from Front Right Suspension

Hello, I recently started having a clunk/ thud sound when going over bumps along with signs of the shock going out (tire bouncing, car feeling like it's drifting off, and bumps in the road feeling very harsh, still handling fine, but would feel out of control if there were bumps on the turn). Therefore I replaced the passanger side shock (I have the driver side shock and am going to replace it soon aswell) and after replacing the shock, it fixed all of the issues, except the clunk/thud sound. It actually made the sound louder, but the car felt fine or at least better than it did with the old shock.

It is important to note that I am definitely not a mechanic. I replaced the shock with the help of a few friends and a YouTube video. My mechanic told me that the clunking noise can be caused by us not installing the shock onto the strut mount correctly, but the noise was there before replacing the shock and I'm decently confident that we had everything in position correctly on the strut mount.

It's also important to note that when this clunk/ thud started it was much quieter and would only make the noise when going over a bump a certain way. However, it developed into making the sound on pretty much every bump. It also seems like it's only when both front wheels are taking the bump at the same time. Any ideas as to what this could be? Thanks for any help.
casonm23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#clunk, #shock, #strut, #suspension, #v6