Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-01-2021, 09:52 AM   #57
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I'm liking that I can change the Mode mapping (Tour/Sport/Track). I'm still trying to figure out how I want to re-map, but it's cool to have this functionality. There's a lot to learn in the relationship between the ECM and TCM though.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 06:02 PM   #58
Purplt1

Drives: 2020 ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
I'm liking that I can change the Mode mapping (Tour/Sport/Track). I'm still trying to figure out how I want to re-map, but it's cool to have this functionality. There's a lot to learn in the relationship between the ECM and TCM though.
Just curious but are you doing the tuning ?
Old 11-22-2021, 08:18 AM   #59
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplt1 View Post
Just curious but are you doing the tuning ?
I had some help with a base tune, and a lot of helpful advice from Members here, but I'm playing around a little on my own. I'm pretty happy with the tune, STOCK, but I believe I was running into TM-issues that were killing the bottom end. I was also just trying to get shifts right at 6500, opposed to stock, which isn't a whole lot different. I'm just trying to see if I can polish a little here and there. I THINK I am starting to understand some of the logic, but I would NEVER suggest to anyone I'm a calibrator or something. I've just played with my cars a bit and a buddy's car.

It looks like you're done on your car. How are you liking the differences? I'm willing to learn if you're willing to share a little.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 11-30-2021, 02:19 PM   #60
Purplt1

Drives: 2020 ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
I had some help with a base tune, and a lot of helpful advice from Members here, but I'm playing around a little on my own. I'm pretty happy with the tune, STOCK, but I believe I was running into TM-issues that were killing the bottom end. I was also just trying to get shifts right at 6500, opposed to stock, which isn't a whole lot different. I'm just trying to see if I can polish a little here and there. I THINK I am starting to understand some of the logic, but I would NEVER suggest to anyone I'm a calibrator or something. I've just played with my cars a bit and a buddy's car.

It looks like you're done on your car. How are you liking the differences? I'm willing to learn if you're willing to share a little.
The cold weather has slowed me down on mine. Had my tcm previously tuned but couldn't get the shifting 100% right. Chuck @ HHP helped me out big time with a new tune. Just have to wait on some warmer weather to dial in my shift points. Definitely has made a huge difference on my set up and the shifts are super fast. Although my street tires are basically useless now since it won't grab until 4th. Going to put on the slicks and try to fine tune later this week since the weather will be in 60's.
Old 12-01-2021, 01:38 PM   #61
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplt1 View Post
The cold weather has slowed me down on mine. Had my tcm previously tuned but couldn't get the shifting 100% right. Chuck @ HHP helped me out big time with a new tune. Just have to wait on some warmer weather to dial in my shift points. Definitely has made a huge difference on my set up and the shifts are super fast. Although my street tires are basically useless now since it won't grab until 4th. Going to put on the slicks and try to fine tune later this week since the weather will be in 60's.
I'm in a similar position (we're in the 60s at the peak of the day for now). It's been too cool for anything WOT in anything lower than 4th gear, and that gets squirrely above 5K RPMs. I thought I'd give the DRs a break, but I don't think that's possible.

What I'm finding is I actually like how everything is set-up factory. Farting around with anything more that higher shift points isn't really netting an improvement I'm looking for. I do like that I can remove torque limits, but after finding some help with a calibrator, I'm dumbing down what he's changed. It's not because I'm not necessarily happy with what he's done though. I think I might change Sport/Track to be a little more aggressive, but that's about it. I like how most of the settings were working before. It's kinda' fun playing around.

A comment I keep remembering reading was from King' and how about half the tuning was on the engine side (which I never questioned). I'm seeing that I think that I really only needed to change were the torque limits and WOT-shift speeds. If there's more to be had with firmer/harsher/quicker shifting, I'm not sure it's worth it for me. As it was before, I had pretty neck-snapping shifts, and I think I know what table that came from.

I do not regret this mod' though. Maybe after I have to start removing the front facia for smog every 2-years, but I have several years before that, lol.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 06-18-2022, 04:56 AM   #62
Blackdevil77

Drives: 2008 Pontiac G8 GT, Shelby GT500
Sorry to resurrect this, but I don't want to start a new thread for one question.

I have a 23 on order, and the only thing I want to do is remove the throttle position restriction on the factory tune. To do that would require a TCM tune, and I'd have to do all of this? Or can that be done in the ECM?
Blackdevil77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 05:24 AM   #63
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdevil77 View Post
Sorry to resurrect this, but I don't want to start a new thread for one question.

I have a 23 on order, and the only thing I want to do is remove the throttle position restriction on the factory tune. To do that would require a TCM tune, and I'd have to do all of this? Or can that be done in the ECM?
Yes, the torque restriction for the ZL1, which limits throttle in some gears, is in the TCM.
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 05:43 AM   #64
Blackdevil77

Drives: 2008 Pontiac G8 GT, Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnta1ss View Post
Yes, the torque restriction for the ZL1, which limits throttle in some gears, is in the TCM.
Wonderful lol. Thank you!
Blackdevil77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 06:02 PM   #65
SATINSTEEL1LE
Account Suspended

Drives: 21 ZL1
I just ordered the HHP T87a TCM for my 21 ZL1. Cant wait. I have the car going in for rotofab, 2" ARH offroad headers, 9.1 lower pulley and ECM/TCM tune. Car should be a BEAST now.
SATINSTEEL1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 07:56 AM   #66
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATINSTEEL1LE View Post
I just ordered the HHP T87a TCM for my 21 ZL1. Cant wait. I have the car going in for rotofab, 2" ARH offroad headers, 9.1 lower pulley and ECM/TCM tune. Car should be a BEAST now.
It was a beast before, but will be even more now

OP - search for some other ECM stuff you might consider doing, to liven the shifts up, too. Minimum Spark Advance is one to look at, for example, BUT - don't go to crazy

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 08-31-2022, 11:19 AM   #67
Racerbox77

Drives: Iroc-Z
Any more news on this? Is HPP still the only ones that know how this is done?
Racerbox77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 07:07 PM   #68
SATINSTEEL1LE
Account Suspended

Drives: 21 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerbox77 View Post
Any more news on this? Is HPP still the only ones that know how this is done?
Yes they are. There is a backlog on the TCMs from them like 6+ weeks. But I have one for sale that I bought two months ago but wont be using. I will sell it for what I paid for it. Its $920 shipped. Should work on any SS/ZL1 2020+ car. Comes with the brand new TCM unlocked by HHP and the bracket for install.
SATINSTEEL1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 07:16 PM   #69
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATINSTEEL1LE View Post
Yes they are. There is a backlog on the TCMs from them like 6+ weeks. But I have one for sale that I bought two months ago but wont be using. I will sell it for what I paid for it. Its $920 shipped. Should work on any SS/ZL1 2020+ car. Comes with the brand new TCM unlocked by HHP and the bracket for install.
Why don't you want to use it?
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2022, 12:34 PM   #70
radz28
Petro-sexual

NEW FEATURES ADDED IN THE LATEST BETA! I don't yet have confirmation this works on T93-conversions, but I'm asking.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"

Tags
10l90, a10, t93, tcm