Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-05-2019, 02:27 PM   #71
EastCoast_ZL1

Drives: 2019 ZL1
TLDR but which headers would work best with Corsa's catback exhaust? AMR or Kooks?

Last edited by EastCoast_ZL1; 08-05-2019 at 03:09 PM.
EastCoast_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 02:55 PM   #72
djfury05

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoast_ZL1 View Post
TLDR but which headers would work best with Corsa's catback exhaust? AMR or Kooks?
djfury05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 03:09 PM   #73
EastCoast_ZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfury05 View Post

Helpful
Old 08-05-2019, 03:14 PM   #74
djfury05

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Helpful
Sorry, not going to be helpful to a forum noob who refuses to do any of his/her own research. Quit being lazy.
djfury05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 03:19 PM   #75
EastCoast_ZL1

Chill, I just got here! Way to welcome a new member... Sorry I didn't scour the depths before inconveniencing you... 1000 pardons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfury05 View Post
Sorry, not going to be helpful to a forum noob who refuses to do any of his/her own research. Quit being lazy.
Old 08-05-2019, 03:32 PM   #76
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
To answer your question, either will work. None of them are going to "bolt right up" to the Cat-back system however. The Collector of either header is going to be further towards the tailpipes than the clamp and flange of the Corsa X Pipe. At the minimum, there'd have to be some basic cutting and clamping or welding to get the LT's to attach to the Corsa X Pipe.

This is why if you're going to do headers, in my opinion, it is better to order the long header system from ARH or Kooks so your Headers + X Pipe are made by the same manufacturer, the long X Pipe from either will go to about the rear axle area where either the Corsa or Borla AXLE back will bolt on or easily be fabbed to attach with a little custom cutting/clamping.

I will attach a picture that may help demonstrate this...Just something I threw together in photoshop.
Attached Images

Last edited by Can'tHave2MuchHP; 08-05-2019 at 03:52 PM.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 03:39 PM   #77
viurniel
@viurniel

Drives: 19 ZLE A10, 15 2SS, 90 300ZXTT
What he said above.

However, there are cats and pipes that can 'match' headers to modified (cut) cat-back systems.
viurniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 05:25 PM   #78
Fredtp

Drives: 2019 ZL1 A10 Black Mosaic
I have 1 7/8 ARH with X-Pipe going into Corsa Extreme axle back.
No cats
Kong Ported SC, 2.3 Grip Tec, Roto-Fab Big Gulp, NW103 TB, Mighty Mouse CC, ADM Expansion Tank, ARH 1 7/8 Headers, Catless 3" X-Pipe, Corsa Extreme, Eibach Springs, BMR Cradle Lockout, BMR Trailing/Control arms.
Fredtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 07:56 PM   #79
EastCoast_ZL1

Thank you very much for your feedback! Much appreciated. The platform is all new to me so it's going to take awhile to become familiar with what is required when modifying for performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
To answer your question, either will work. None of them are going to "bolt right up" to the Cat-back system however. The Collector of either header is going to be further towards the tailpipes than the clamp and flange of the Corsa X Pipe. At the minimum, there'd have to be some basic cutting and clamping or welding to get the LT's to attach to the Corsa X Pipe.

This is why if you're going to do headers, in my opinion, it is better to order the long header system from ARH or Kooks so your Headers + X Pipe are made by the same manufacturer, the long X Pipe from either will go to about the rear axle area where either the Corsa or Borla AXLE back will bolt on or easily be fabbed to attach with a little custom cutting/clamping.

I will attach a picture that may help demonstrate this...Just something I threw together in photoshop.
Old 08-05-2019, 07:57 PM   #80
EastCoast_ZL1

For now I'll be installing the Corsa Extreme complete cat back system but may need to shuffle around a bit once it comes time to put on the headers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredtp View Post
I have 1 7/8 ARH with X-Pipe going into Corsa Extreme axle back.
No cats
Old 08-05-2019, 07:58 PM   #81
EastCoast_ZL1

Good to know! Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by viurniel View Post
What he said above.

However, there are cats and pipes that can 'match' headers to modified (cut) cat-back systems.
Old 08-05-2019, 09:59 PM   #82
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Right but that doesn't mean that Kooks or ARH do not have as many, less, or more headers with those types of issues being produced. At best all you can say is that they don't leave their facility and end up in customer hands. And even then it is just a guess. I've seen threads where someone has bought a set of Kooks and ARH and had some type of issue like fitment or quality. ANd it is as simple as returning them and getting a replacement set. If that person in that thread you posted contacted OBX or whatever outlet they bought the headers from, then they would have been sent a replacement set as well. I know for a fact that if you buy products off Ebay and have issues with it then Ebay will force the seller to refund the money or send a replacement set with free or reimbursed shipping to the buyer. And for the record, Kooks and ARH both have had to send their customers a replacement set of headers for different issues. It happens.
I disagree - especially with ARH. There are lots of OBX and cheap threads with issues and zero with ARH issues that were due to quality or fitment. Only complaint is price, but you pay for what you get. Simple as that.
Old 08-06-2019, 08:33 AM   #83
unavailablezl1

Drives: 2019 Silverado Z71 6.2L A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post

I want a jack like that so I can work on my car.

Past Rides
2017 M6 Camaro ZL1 Hyper Blue
2016 M6 GT350 White with blue strips
2014 M6 Mustang GT Premium Track Pack Ruby Red
2012 M6 M3 Melbourne Red Metallic
unavailablezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 09:00 AM   #84
Juiced1
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
On the 6gen we really recommend the long systems from header companines. Pretty sure ARH and Stainless Works are the only two that make "long system" that will replace everything up to the muffler. This replaces the "crush pipe" in front of the muffler which is a point of restriction on these cars. Especially when running big power. Also, they are the easiest to connect to aftermarket axlebacks down the road if you decide to change out the muffler. Every aftermarket catback we have ran has needed to be welded when added long tubes or vice versa. The connection points just don't match up with the catbacks.
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote