Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-01-2018, 06:31 PM   #29
09fa5

Drives: 2017 Zl1
Tq management issues
Old 02-01-2018, 07:36 PM   #30
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by USCavVet View Post
You must be so fun at parties....
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 05:39 PM   #31
exxit

Drives: 2016 1SS D1SC Methfed Lowered Wrapd
So like.... This hasn't happened yet has it? -_-
// 3M/Gotch Design Sponsored Gloss Deep Space Colorshift Wrap //
exxit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 05:55 PM   #32
nighttowl
Sarcasm loading --------

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Al Opennheiser specifically said we just need to learn how to drive the car, not the other way around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
Al's Answer:
The bottom line is this – We publish numbers that we feel confident are attainable (with practice) by our customers, and because we take a “best average”, we know many will also exceed our results. A driver also needs to understand how to properly use the clutch, to avoid the protection software intervening to protect the engine, transmission and clutch. These ‘nannies’ will often slow down a quarter mile time, which could be the nature of many not being able to achieve our times. My advice is to have a great time trying to learn your Camaro, because it is an awesome car, and will perform for you.

2018 MBM ZL1 1LE - Stock
2014 CRT ZL1 574 rwhp, 537 rwtq - SOLD
2010 IBM SS Camaro VVT L99 w/ TR6060 swap, 489 rwhp, 444 rwtq - SOLD
nighttowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 11:51 PM   #33
exxit

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttowl View Post
Al Opennheiser specifically said we just need to learn how to drive the car, not the other way around.
Lol Al also doesn't give a 2 shit flying **** about modded camaros, where the problem is more exaggerated.

The issue isn't that we don't know how to drive, its that the nannies aren't editable lol. HP Tuners came out and said the TQ management table is locked. Everyone keeps pointing at other scapegoats.

In a single sentence he said that not a single person on this board, or as far as we are able to gather, ever, has figured out the manual in their Camaro. Yet the M6 guys on less power are able to dump clutch at 5k and fly out the gate. Nah lol. Al needs a nap.
Old 04-12-2018, 08:10 AM   #34
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
There is no problem if you hold the Traction button down for 7 to 10 seconds and turn off the traction nanny.. Of course doing that and you got not traction what so ever.

I also noticed the nanny isn't as aggressive when the tires can spin.. its when they grab is when it freaking feels like you bounce the car off the rev limiter or from dumping the clutch and not spinning but grabbing.. Talk about spit and sputter...

Also on a Tuned car with Mods the bogging is extremely worse.. you can cycle through the different modes wet, dry, race.. ect and see how each mode affects the computer adding or taking timing as it sense rear end slip..

I'm happy to report on M6 rev match on or off I haven't had a single hick up of the car revving by itself.. Weather the tune, Tony Mamo TB, headers or pulley swap made the difference who knows.. I did all that at once and ever since then no throttle revvings on low speed take off any more.

One thing to report though.. I run 325 35 19s in rear I had a flat tire so I had a camaro friend bring me a 275 30 20 to make it home.. I didnt get 10 feet before the traction light came on and once on the Hwy if you let off the accelerator the car would drive itself like the cruise on with the traction light on. If i was slowing down for a light and took it out of gear but still was rolling 20 mph or more the same problem reappeared of the car revving by itself but this time it was going to the redline and it didn't fall off as quickly.. After putting the tire back its normal again..

One thing I noticed if i have the cruise on and I see a bike or car coming up drop it to second or 3rd to race after the race and going well above where the cruise was it freaky.. you let off the throttle after the race then out of nowhere the car takes off again.. of course it fix it self in a few seconds or a hint of brakes will fix it.

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 05:03 PM   #35
exxit

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
There is no problem if you hold the Traction button down for 7 to 10 seconds and turn off the traction nanny.. Of course doing that and you got not traction what so ever.

I also noticed the nanny isn't as aggressive when the tires can spin.. its when they grab is when it freaking feels like you bounce the car off the rev limiter or from dumping the clutch and not spinning but grabbing.. Talk about spit and sputter...

Also on a Tuned car with Mods the bogging is extremely worse.. you can cycle through the different modes wet, dry, race.. ect and see how each mode affects the computer adding or taking timing as it sense rear end slip..

I'm happy to report on M6 rev match on or off I haven't had a single hick up of the car revving by itself.. Weather the tune, Tony Mamo TB, headers or pulley swap made the difference who knows.. I did all that at once and ever since then no throttle revvings on low speed take off any more.

One thing to report though.. I run 325 35 19s in rear I had a flat tire so I had a camaro friend bring me a 275 30 20 to make it home.. I didnt get 10 feet before the traction light came on and once on the Hwy if you let off the accelerator the car would drive itself like the cruise on with the traction light on. If i was slowing down for a light and took it out of gear but still was rolling 20 mph or more the same problem reappeared of the car revving by itself but this time it was going to the redline and it didn't fall off as quickly.. After putting the tire back its normal again..

One thing I noticed if i have the cruise on and I see a bike or car coming up drop it to second or 3rd to race after the race and going well above where the cruise was it freaky.. you let off the throttle after the race then out of nowhere the car takes off again.. of course it fix it self in a few seconds or a hint of brakes will fix it.
Literally what I've felt and seen on the track from high HP setups trying to get off the line in the manual.

But to be clear the issue isn't so much that the nanny exists for stock cars. The whole "you're not clutching it right" may fly for them as I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt about scaling the torque table for the power between the two (ZL1 vs SS). But I'm fairly sure my SS torque management curve does not match my current 600wtq number... And the damn table is locked as far as we've been told.
Old 04-13-2018, 05:06 PM   #36
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMGR1 View Post
I understand your opinion.... But I doubt GM is going to do much for everyone with an M6 and eLSD at this point.... My dealer is pretty cool about my mods anyways

Plus I didn't intend to keep my car stock for long
The Drag Pak for the ZL1 will re-tune the eLSD, Trans, etc.....should resolve the issue for the ZL1 at least..
Old 04-13-2018, 06:50 PM   #37
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Ive notice trying to slip the clutch results in a awful smell.. lol tune that crap off aND drive like we have since 1913.

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
Old 04-13-2018, 07:16 PM   #38
Sooner Cole

Drives: 2019 ZL1-1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post

BS. I have a 2017 ZL1 (820 HP) the bog is real. A really good tuner can tune it out, but holding the traction control down doesn't fix it. On a road course it is not that noticeable, however, try launching at a 1/4 mile track. Bog city on a stock tune. Mine is gone, but I sacrificed the warranty (820), who cares?! By the way a"triple threat" car with 650 HP , shouldn't fall on its face when you hit it from a stand still.
Old 04-13-2018, 07:35 PM   #39
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Post a video in track mode, the track mode race mode, then by holding the trackion button for 7 to 10 seconds dump the clutch at about at about 2700 rmp with launch control..

Old 04-13-2018, 07:44 PM   #40
wlsmoku

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
I am not sure how you tune out the bog issue. from what I have read the 17+ zl1 m6 has a 2.29 first gear. compared to the older tr6060 having the 2.66 first gear. I just dont get how you "tune" out a mechanical issue. if this data is correct (it is internet knowledge I found) then your options are to change your final drive gear or pull the trans to see if RPM transmission (or like vendor) can swap it out for a better first gear ratio.
wlsmoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 10:47 PM   #41
jjgi5150

Drives: 2022 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlsmoku View Post
I am not sure how you tune out the bog issue. from what I have read the 17+ zl1 m6 has a 2.29 first gear. compared to the older tr6060 having the 2.66 first gear. I just dont get how you "tune" out a mechanical issue. if this data is correct (it is internet knowledge I found) then your options are to change your final drive gear or pull the trans to see if RPM transmission (or like vendor) can swap it out for a better first gear ratio.
I personally do not believe the issue is mechanical. With the amount of torque available with these motors, there should be no issue. A 69 vintage Z/28 with far less torque did not have off-line bogs like these cars do. They had, in most cases, a nearly identical ratioed 4-speed (M21 or M22, 2.20 1st) and most often the same 3.73 rear end ratio.

The off line bog...even with simple street driving clutch manipulation, is a well documented issue for the manual cars. Those of us with decades of clutch driving experience are dealing with it. l believe it is most likely a software/ECM issue, amplified by a stiff throttle by wire and too low an idle speed. I also believe the ratios themselves, especially with the ZLE gearbox, are just about perfect for this car.

Just my thoughts with only about 700 miles so far.

JJ
2023 Hyundai SF Calligraphy
jjgi5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 09:34 PM   #42
wlsmoku

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjgi5150 View Post
I personally do not believe the issue is mechanical. With the amount of torque available with these motors, there should be no issue. A 69 vintage Z/28 with far less torque did not have off-line bogs like these cars do. They had, in most cases, a nearly identical ratioed 4-speed (M21 or M22, 2.20 1st) and most often the same 3.73 rear end ratio.

The off line bog...even with simple street driving clutch manipulation, is a well documented issue for the manual cars. Those of us with decades of clutch driving experience are dealing with it. l believe it is most likely a software/ECM issue, amplified by a stiff throttle by wire and too low an idle speed. I also believe the ratios themselves, especially with the ZLE gearbox, are just about perfect for this car.

Just my thoughts with only about 700 miles so far.

JJ

agree to disagree I guess - referencing a car that was a lot lighter (especially since those were nose heavy) isn't the same. my t56 in my 4th gen cars were horrible with a 3.42 on slicks, pretty good with a 4.10, and almost too short with a 4.56 rear gear (at my hp levels of course). sometimes you cant just tune out a mechanical problem. this bog issue was the main reason for the first time in my life I have an automatic. to launch "well" you would have to dump a fair amount of money into the car to make it fun at the drag strip (but might make it worse for road course). just my internet opinion of course
wlsmoku is offline   Reply With Quote