Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-24-2024, 11:18 PM   #1
SS_Dave

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS
Valley cover seal

What all actually has to come off to remove the valley cover for replacing the seal? Debating if I want to do it myself.
SS_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 02:36 AM   #2
morepowerjoe

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro l99
It's not as bad as you would think but does take some patience. The hardest part is taking the two rear bolts off of the intake manifold because they only come out about 3/4 of the way out and then hit the cowl above it. The best way I have found to help me is (after you loosen the bolts all the way of course) is to put a piece of tape around them to hold them up while you pull the intake off. Other than that it's a matter of disconnecting the fuel live, unplugging all the sensors, vacuum line, removing the intake box (I believe), and the vacuum hose off of the back of the intake manifold for the brake booster and which you will have to pull the intake up and pull forward and set it back down in order to reach it. If your truly going to try and tackle this thing I would invest in All Data DIY. https://www.alldata.com/diy-us/en
It will give you all the information you will need for the gasket replacement. Let me know if you have any other questions.
DSS FX Forged Pistons, Eagle ESP L19 Forged Rods, ARP Head and Main Studs, TSP PRC 260 CNC Ported Heads milled .030, Cometic .040 Head Gaskets, GPI SS3 VVT Camshaft, GM Performance Racing Lifters, CHE Trunnions , Molly Pushrods, Melling 10355HV Oil Pump, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Fast LSXR Intake Manifold, Nick Williams 103 TB, TSP 1 7/8" Longtubes with 3" TSP Exhaust, ZL1 Fuel Pump, Mishimoto Radiator, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, Tru Cool 40k Tranny Cooler, 3600 Circle D Converter, Fluid Dynamics Balancer

Build Thread https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609817
morepowerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote