Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 02-16-2017, 03:18 PM   #15
slick3

Drives: Garnet Red - 20 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
According to the C7 forums (that have had no lift shift longer than us) it is spark cut and the injectors do not stop. A few have said they data logged it. I also don't think a non spark cut would hold rpm like that?

Did you have active rev match on or off? Over on the C7 forums they seem to think it could possibly act different depending on if this is on or off. But it doesn't need to be on.

Mine definitely doesn't seem to make as much of that "farty" noise as yours, but that could be due to your more open exhaust or maybe the fact I've never heard my car from the outside like that. Plus, I haven't really used no lift shift all that much yet.

As we have spoken about before, mine seems to make more of a single crack/gunshot like sound when doing it. Others have said the same. I had thought you mentioned yours did that too?
It does do it from time to time and it did sound different than it normally does. Im not sure if I had rev matching on or off. Given that I rarely ever bang on my car that hard, let alone have someone film it from the outside, I doubt I will find out soon.
slick3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 03:37 PM   #16
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick3 View Post
It does do it from time to time and it did sound different than it normally does. Im not sure if I had rev matching on or off. Given that I rarely ever bang on my car that hard, let alone have someone film it from the outside, I doubt I will find out soon.
Well also remember that since you are tuned, Tim could easily change the parameters or turn off no lift shift all together for you. Some of the tuned C7 guys have done just that as a top notch shifter will go quicker with out NLS (no spark cut), just with skillzzzz. Or, if you just don't like the sounds when you use it, it would solve that too.

I personally would at least have him turn off clutch fuel cut off (CFCO) if he hasn't. As that will cut back on the loud cracks and pops you sometimes get on a higher rpm shift (unless of course you like that). This wouldn't effect NLS, so that would still function and you would still get those even louder gunshot like sounds or the sound like your car made in that video when using it.

Personally, if I ever got my car tuned, I would have NLS and CFCO turned off. As I rather have the option to quick shift or power shift as I want, and I don't need all the extra loud cracks and pops and such from the exhaust on a high rpm shift.

Last edited by SS 1LE; 02-16-2017 at 03:49 PM.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 06:53 AM   #17
cncmotors

Drives: camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesBaer View Post
Why would you want to do that? I've got the full system as well with just one set of high flow cats and my NPP and it sounds fantastic. You're not going to gain any power doing that either.
I don't have NPP system. This is why I put ARH's full system which does not have quad tips. It was okay for me but now I need quad tips since I ordered Anderson Composites' Carbon diffuser
cncmotors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 10:42 AM   #18
gdgraph

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Sounds great, I am looking to get LT Headers also, I currently have the Borla S-type and mid pipes. Not sure if I want to go with the long system and sell my mid pipes since it sounds like it didn't mate well with the axle back or if I want to do the intermediate and mate up to my Borla mid pipes (probably have to cut them so I could never sell them later). Plus side with the long system is that it's 3" vice the 2.75" Borla mid pipes.

Just curious since you went with AHR, what made you chose them over Kooks? Do they both sound the same and give you basically same power gains?
gdgraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 07:01 PM   #19
JimmyZ

Drives: 2017 1LE
Do you have the dyno numbers yet? I am looking to do the exact same mods and am very curious what the tune and headers provided in performance.
JimmyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 08:58 PM   #20
gdgraph

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Pray has a thread with his car (and dyno charts), very similar build with EFI tuning and with headers, ported TB/IM, CAI, on E85 he basically gained close to 90-100 hp/tq.

I'm hoping to eventually do the same thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyZ View Post
Do you have the dyno numbers yet? I am looking to do the exact same mods and am very curious what the tune and headers provided in performance.
gdgraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 08:12 AM   #21
Hard Parker
OMWTFYB

Drives: ZL1
Did you ever get on a dyno?

Click HERE to follow my build!!
Click HERE to follow me on Instagram

#savethemanuals
Hard Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 09:32 AM   #22
slick3

Drives: Garnet Red - 20 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hard Parker View Post
Did you ever get on a dyno?
I did, but My tune wasnt right when I did. Ill be getting some final numbers here soon... they will be on a Mustang Dyno. It put down 430 on a MD prior. Bone stock it put down 382. It will put down 440 is my guess.. Factoring roughly 10 percent lower than a Dynojet that will put me at mid 480, exactly where everyone else is.
slick3 is offline   Reply With Quote