Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 05-26-2017, 06:23 PM   #43
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
My hope is the engineers won't ruin the styling and make it look like every other car on the roads now!
Old 05-26-2017, 06:31 PM   #44
LuvMI
Lovin the growl...

Drives: 2018 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1Greg View Post
My hope is the engineers won't ruin the styling and make it look like every other car on the roads now!

+1.
LuvMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 06:31 PM   #45
SDG23

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS M6
I like the way the SS looks as is...so I'm hoping the refresh isn't too major, heck it may look worse who knows.
Old 05-26-2017, 07:55 PM   #46
Brigante

Drives: Cadillac
Quote:
The current one is quite ammm ugly? So I'm sure they will only improve the car...
Btw, thats the main reason they do a facelift so early. Because it does not sell like it should. And it does not sell, cause it is not a beauty. They know it and will try to improve that. Sorry, but most of the people(except for the owners of course) think it is a let down in terms of design, so they have some solutions. I hope so.
Brigante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 08:02 PM   #47
nbryant

Drives: 2016 2SS Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigante View Post
The current one is quite ammm ugly? So I'm sure they will only improve the car...
Btw, thats the main reason they do a facelift so early. Because it does not sell like it should. And it does not sell, cause it is not a beauty. They know it and will try to improve that. Sorry, but most of the people(except for the owners of course) think it is a let down in terms of design, so they have some solutions. I hope so.
Guess you will just have to continue suffering with driving your Cadillac.
Old 05-26-2017, 08:04 PM   #48
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Well hopefully it won't look like a Cadillac which is ugly to me!
Old 05-26-2017, 08:13 PM   #49
Brigante

Drives: Cadillac
Quote:
Well hopefully it won't look like a Cadillac which is ugly to me!
No doubt, my ats looks dated and boring just like the other models. Art and Science design language is old and boring. But the upcoming Caddys will be different. No more boring and simple designs.
Sorry for the off... I want to buy a camaro, but I dont like its current design. It looks like a plactic toy car, so I'll wait for the updated version. If its bad, I'll go for the upcomin' gt500.
Brigante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 09:38 PM   #50
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Lol. Ok. I guess you just know this like it's fact right?

Nevermind the mustang sold very well and it is also having a big refresh 3 years after its 6th gen was replaced.

I guess all the compliments I've gotten from strangers is really just them feeling sorry for me. Yeah that must be it.

Looks are subjective....that's that.
Old 05-26-2017, 09:56 PM   #51
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Yeah, heaven forbid they make the car look like every other on the road. Squinty narrow headlamps with LED accents, small grill openings, hyper-angry fish-like design. Maybe even rear lamps that look like they came from a Toyota.

Quote:
I agree. The top half of my post, for people who didn't catch it, was sarcasm because it describes how the car already presently looks. I think almost anything they do at this point, especially to the awful rear end, would be an improvement. I'm not so sure its for sales, but I'm happy either way at the possibility of something different.

Unlike the 5th gen, the 6th gen didn't have the same immediate "wow" factor to me. I still get excited when I see a pre-refresh 5th gen approach in my rear view with those menacing halo lights, like a jaguar ready to pounce. The car looks like an angry muscle car with clean lines that came straight out of the future. When I see a 6th gen, it takes me a while to mentally process and identify it from another make. Some people on these forums admit to "warm up periods" for the 6th gen, but that's not happened for me. As options rolled out like the blade spoiler, I see some good examples of ways to artfully mask some of its ugliness, but I'd definitely like to see the base car get some restyling.
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 10:57 PM   #52
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Quote:
4th year refresh on the Mustang, due to bad sales as well?

Interesting the logic is completely opposite for two companies doing refreshed on the same cycle.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 11:00 PM   #53
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post
Yeah, heaven forbid they make the car look like every other on the road. Squinty narrow headlamps with LED accents, small grill openings, hyper-angry fish-like design. Maybe even rear lamps that look like they came from a Toyota.

I agree. The top half of my post, for people who didn't catch it, was sarcasm because it describes how the car already presently looks. I think almost anything they do at this point, especially to the awful rear end, would be an improvement. I'm not so sure its for sales, but I'm happy either way at the possibility of something different.

Unlike the 5th gen, the 6th gen didn't have the same immediate "wow" factor to me. I still get excited when I see a pre-refresh 5th gen approach in my rear view with those menacing halo lights, like a jaguar ready to pounce. The car looks like an angry muscle car with clean lines that came straight out of the future. When I see a 6th gen, it takes me a while to mentally process and identify it from another make. Some people on these forums admit to "warm up periods" for the 6th gen, but that's not happened for me. As options rolled out like the blade spoiler, I see some good examples of ways to artfully mask some of its ugliness, but I'd definitely like to see the base car get some restyling.
The refresh helped the 5th gen as the taillights were awful on the early 5th, but thr front was only a minor improvement. I really, really don't like the 5th. Outside the early 4th gen, it's the worst of all Camaros.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 12:25 AM   #54
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
Kinda liking the new SS wheels. So far that's all i can see i like LOL
Attached Images

keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 02:25 AM   #55
Branight

Drives: 2016 2SS White M6
Bringing back the ol' Salad Shooter wheels I see

2016 2SS M6, NPP, MRC, Sunroof, Nav, mostly stock.
Branight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 03:09 AM   #56
Black_FiFTY
Custom Black FiFTY

Drives: 2017 Black SS
The hood vents look to be up higher on the hood in the photo above me. You can barely make them out. They look to lineup with the cowl