Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

AWE Tuning

Old 05-01-2022, 09:29 AM   #57
truth411

Drives: police interceptor
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggler View Post
I went in today at around 11 am pst. '22 was available with full options and everything, we went through all the RPO and selected thr correct options. But i dont want to get screwed somehow or have mt order basically sit. I want 2SS riverside blue with NPP and black rims.
Request a copy of the GM Order Workbench. That's what I did and it says 2023 on it and has your order number also. Here's a good link/instructions when you go to the dealer.

https://youtu.be/12ksoEQJHSY
truth411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 10:55 AM   #58
haggler

Drives: '23 2SS RSblue 6MT, sold '19 ND2
Hmm I'm not seeing an order number on the documentation I received, it just lists the options. I'll ask again.
Attached Images

haggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 04:38 PM   #59
truth411

Quote:
Hmm I'm not seeing an order number on the documentation I received, it just lists the options. I'll ask again.
I can't see the top part. But it's called the GM Order Workbench.

It will say Preliminary Order Detail - Order# (which will be a six alpha/numeric digit/code).
Old 05-01-2022, 05:11 PM   #60
Steve83ta

Drives: 1998 Trans Am / 2018 Camaro SS
Should look like this ….
That paper you have doesn’t look like it’s from the workbench. More from the general visual build guide.
Attached Images

Steve83ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 06:42 PM   #61
haggler

You're right, thanks for posting that. The top of my sheet doesn't say workbench, it just says the dealers name and the first page is a pic of a camaro. He had me build it on chevy.com then used that print out to do something similar in some dealer portal. But my print out doesn't have my details or any order #.
The sales guy called me today and explained the GM of the dealer places the orders. It seems like he just printed out the spec sheet with the codes to forward to the GM and did the paperwork. Are the '22s even able to be ordered anymore? I told him to just forward the message to place it as a '23. I looked at the '23 order guide and nothing changed in terms of codes for my particular order, so same codes should work.
Old 05-02-2022, 03:04 AM   #62
Steve83ta

Drives: 1998 Trans Am / 2018 Camaro SS
Quote:
You're right, thanks for posting that. The top of my sheet doesn't say workbench, it just says the dealers name and the first page is a pic of a camaro. He had me build it on chevy.com then used that print out to do something similar in some dealer portal. But my print out doesn't have my details or any order #.
The sales guy called me today and explained the GM of the dealer places the orders. It seems like he just printed out the spec sheet with the codes to forward to the GM and did the paperwork. Are the '22s even able to be ordered anymore? I told him to just forward the message to place it as a '23. I looked at the '23 order guide and nothing changed in terms of codes for my particular order, so same codes should work.
So glad I could help. My fear was or is they took a deposit from you without allocation and it would leave you high and dry with a Non existent ‘22 instead of the ‘23 you wanted.

Depending on the wheel options you wanted some standard did change. That’s the Only thing I saw.

Glad you got answers today. A lot of dealers on the east coast are closed on Sunday.
Steve83ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 11:07 AM   #63
haggler

I don't know if they have an allocation just yet but yes - my main concern was about the order going in as a 2022 and going no where. The deposit they said was refundable so I'm not really worried about that.
The sales guy showed me two other orders for 2.0/V6 that had been around since January and last year but I know those are constrained. So if I'm up next to bat on a V8 that would make me happy. On other threads, I see they are no longer building '22 with most in transit. That makes sense to me; GM authority says production for '23 is starting in June? I don't have many options around here, this is the only dealership not charging markup for an order. The only options I got were 2SS, NPP and carbon black wheels.
Old 05-02-2022, 12:28 PM   #64
jfoss15

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Could be the best Cinco de Mayo ever!!!
Or not. Probably not.

Ordered a 22 2SS 1LE in March.... changed over to a 23 last week. Dealer has 2 coupe allocations for this Thursday. I'm #1 on the list, just will come down to constraints and if they can order a 1LE. I'm assuming the dealer gets the constraints info on the 5th when they get the allocation?

I've never been so excited for a letdown.
jfoss15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 12:48 PM   #65
LeonardS

Drives: 1969 Z28,1992 Z28,1994 Z28,1999 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfoss15 View Post
Could be the best Cinco de Mayo ever!!!
Or not. Probably not.

Ordered a 22 2SS 1LE in March.... changed over to a 23 last week. Dealer has 2 coupe allocations for this Thursday. I'm #1 on the list, just will come down to constraints and if they can order a 1LE. I'm assuming the dealer gets the constraints info on the 5th when they get the allocation?

I've never been so excited for a letdown.
So, the dealer knows what allocations he is going to have on Monday and then places the orders on Thursday? Is that correct?
LeonardS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 01:10 PM   #66
jfoss15

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Correct. I talked with the dealership on Friday and he showed me a spreadsheet of their future allocations for this week. For Camaro it was 2 coupes and 1 convertible. Not sure how far in advance they get this info as I only saw for this upcoming week. I know with this dealership, they get their allocations on Thursdays, not sure if it's the same everywhere. Problem is, even though they have 3 Camaro's that can be ordered, we don't know what constraints will be put on those orders. So maybe they can only order a V6.
jfoss15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 01:16 PM   #67
LeonardS

Drives: 1969 Z28,1992 Z28,1994 Z28,1999 SS
Quote:
Correct. I talked with the dealership on Friday and he showed me a spreadsheet of their future allocations for this week. For Camaro it was 2 coupes and 1 convertible. Not sure how far in advance they get this info as I only saw for this upcoming week. I know with this dealership, they get their allocations on Thursdays, not sure if it's the same everywhere. Problem is, even though they have 3 Camaro's that can be ordered, we don't know what constraints will be put on those orders. So maybe they can only order a V6.
Thank you! I had assumed they didn’t find out until Thursday of each week, what the allocations are and what constraints there are.
LeonardS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 01:50 PM   #68
truth411

Quote:
Mine dealer was allocated 3 2023 camaros.
The constraints I was told for my SS 1LE was No:

2SS
PDR
ZL1

Also no Sports pedal kit (I can go aftermarket for that)
Old 05-02-2022, 03:01 PM   #69
Odabo

Drives: Chevrolet Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth411 View Post
Mine dealer was allocated 3 2023 camaros.
The constraints I was told for my SS 1LE was No:

2SS
PDR
ZL1

Also no Sports pedal kit (I can go aftermarket for that)
Truth is breaking my heart. My dealer told me my order will go in this month but I am expecting to be disappointed Thursday.
Old 05-02-2022, 03:31 PM   #70
Big Lou 1le

Drives: 2023 1le
Placed mine on saturday. so now the waiting game.
Big Lou 1le is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2ss 1le m6 shadow grey metallic