Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-05-2021, 09:47 AM   #57
SusieL

Drives: 2022 2SS
There is a light at the end of the tunnel for those that wait, or at least most not knowing why some things are on constraint.

I ordered '21 last Feb. that was never allocated and eventually re-ordered a '22 with Joe. He has been awesome to work with and I'm happy to say my car is finally built and was dispatch to the dealership this morning . I hope to be able to pick it up next week, or the following at the latest.

I knew what I wanted, had to order it to get those options (ordered a few days before the shut down, bummer) and was willing to wait no matter how long to get it. (and patience is not a very good virtue of mine LOL so I know how you all feel). Good luck to everyone who is waiting I know it will be worth it and when I get my car it will be awesome
8/20/21 2000 | 9/8/21 3000 TPW 9/27 | 9/15/21 3000 TPW 10/18
10/1/21 3400 TPW 10/18 | 10/20/21 3800 Finally Built!
11/5/21 5000 | 12/6/21 6000

The Past
1989 Pontiac Trans Am GTA | 1976 Pontiac Formula | 1971 Pontiac Formula | 1971 Buick Gran Sport 455 | 1969 Chevrolet Camaro SS | 1969 Buick Gran Sport
SusieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 11:06 AM   #58
s2mikey

Drives: Buick, Toyota
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMale View Post
I considered other cars but what I could be interested has manufacturing and delivery problems, too. I can wait. Patience isn't one of my virtues, I just started things thinking that I'm not even going to ask about it for 3-4 months. And it's fall and winter anyway.
Well - its true that other mfgers are also having issues, But I can vouch for certain other cars having a MUCH smoother and more reliable order-to acceptance-to delivery systems & time frames than GM right now. They have delays too but they are much more reliable delays. They dont have to deal with as many models or trim levels which isnt GMs fault but it is what it is. In other words, the process isnt so arbitrary or wishy-washy. The Camaro is the worst by far. Thats life.

This morning I had another dealer(this one further away from me) basically say what I tend to hear from all of them: "Yeah, go ahead and send in the order with a deposit. We'll hopefully get an allocation and should be able to order it. It should hopefully be in by spring". Its all hope, should, maybe, possibly, etc. Not phrases one wants to hear with this car ordering stuff. Patience is one thing. If my order this August had simply been accepted and I was given a reasonable, yet reliable/guaranteed delivery time frame Id have been perfectly fine with that. But I cant get anything of the sort. Nothing. Just the run around. Patience is OK. Pure Uncertainty isnt. RANT Over!

Pro Tip - Everyone just order from Joe B. and be done with it. He appears to have the golden key to the crapper!!
s2mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 11:55 AM   #59
WhiteMale

Drives: 23 ZL1 A10 Rapid Blue
You're right about no one knows, is how I got out of another order I had in Feb with a local dealer that had the chip shut down within a week of placing the order. They didn't have a clue, didn't know anything and after about 60 days I gave up and got my deposit dollars back. This time around I'm just sucking it up. This stuff, the constraints seem to announce each week, allocations on the monthly...
WhiteMale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 11:59 AM   #60
Fast4wd

Drives: 2022 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2mikey View Post
Well - its true that other mfgers are also having issues, But I can vouch for certain other cars having a MUCH smoother and more reliable order-to acceptance-to delivery systems & time frames than GM right now. They have delays too but they are much more reliable delays. They dont have to deal with as many models or trim levels which isnt GMs fault but it is what it is. In other words, the process isnt so arbitrary or wishy-washy. The Camaro is the worst by far. Thats life.

This morning I had another dealer(this one further away from me) basically say what I tend to hear from all of them: "Yeah, go ahead and send in the order with a deposit. We'll hopefully get an allocation and should be able to order it. It should hopefully be in by spring". Its all hope, should, maybe, possibly, etc. Not phrases one wants to hear with this car ordering stuff. Patience is one thing. If my order this August had simply been accepted and I was given a reasonable, yet reliable/guaranteed delivery time frame Id have been perfectly fine with that. But I cant get anything of the sort. Nothing. Just the run around. Patience is OK. Pure Uncertainty isnt. RANT Over!

Pro Tip - Everyone just order from Joe B. and be done with it. He appears to have the golden key to the crapper!!
Mikey, I wouldn't say golden key exactly. Though it seems to be the most honest and reputable way to order, I placed an order with Joe in July and still do not have an allocation. Constraints still play a role in the process, no matter who you order from.
Fast4wd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 01:01 PM   #61
s2mikey

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMale View Post
You're right about no one knows, is how I got out of another order I had in Feb with a local dealer that had the chip shut down within a week of placing the order. They didn't have a clue, didn't know anything and after about 60 days I gave up and got my deposit dollars back. This time around I'm just sucking it up. This stuff, the constraints seem to announce each week, allocations on the monthly...
Yep - thats the problem. A lack of actual, tangible data. Im really trying here but it gets harder and harder. The way I left it with the last dealer I spoke with is that I wont actually order a car but they are going to keep me posted as to new developments as in cars coming in or allocations going up, an order gets cancelled, production picks up, a nice trade comes in thats close to what I want, etc, etc. This ordering stuff just isnt for me - not with things how they are currently. I just cant deal with the "nothing-ness" aspect of it. So, Ill see if by spring things change and I can get one off a lot somewhere or whatever. Or, buy something else. Thats all there is to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast4wd View Post
Mikey, I wouldn't say golden key exactly. Though it seems to be the most honest and reputable way to order, I placed an order with Joe in July and still do not have an allocation. Constraints still play a role in the process, no matter who you order from.
Oh I hear ya - out of everyone Ive spoken with though he seemed to be the most knowledgeable and at least interested in Camaros. A few dealers I spoke with literally had no real interest in dicking around with Camaros.
Old 11-05-2021, 01:46 PM   #62
tommcd24

Drives: 2SS M6 NPP Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieL View Post
There is a light at the end of the tunnel for those that wait, or at least most not knowing why some things are on constraint.

I ordered '21 last Feb. that was never allocated and eventually re-ordered a '22 with Joe. He has been awesome to work with and I'm happy to say my car is finally built and was dispatch to the dealership this morning . I hope to be able to pick it up next week, or the following at the latest.

I knew what I wanted, had to order it to get those options (ordered a few days before the shut down, bummer) and was willing to wait no matter how long to get it. (and patience is not a very good virtue of mine LOL so I know how you all feel). Good luck to everyone who is waiting I know it will be worth it and when I get my car it will be awesome
Congrats SusieL! Post lots of pics when you pick yours up, so we can all live vicariously through you while we wait, lol!

Hoping my car gets built on of these days as well. It's a week+ late on being built at this point, but could be the Convertible line is backed up a bit more than it is for Coupes. Kind of funny in a way, I'll have very limited opportunities to drive it in MN until the spring, but I still wish it was built and in my garage already, lol.

Dec. 18: took her home
Dec. 9: arrival at dealer
Nov. 16-29: Toledo, OH (railyard)
Nov. 9: 3800 -> 4300 (for stripes)
Oct. 8: 3400 status TPW 10/25
Oct. 6: 3100 status TPW 10/25
Sept. 9: 3000 status TPW 10/4/2021
Sept. 3: 2000 status (after 5 1/2 months)
Sept. 2: Change Order: 2SS (V6 constraint)
April 12: Reordered as ‘22 3LT RS V6 (March 16:Initial Order ‘21 3LT RS V6)
tommcd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 12:33 PM   #63
Envious_Ivy1LE

Drives: Krypton Green V6 1LE
Is Rapid Blue still on the restraint list?
Envious_Ivy1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 12:38 PM   #64
10mm
Account Suspended

Drives: My wife nuts...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious_Ivy1LE View Post
Is Rapid Blue still on the restraint list?

Click on build and price, launch, scroll down 2022
Click on Camaro, there's 144 rapid blue's inbound
May not be what you want but they're on the way

https://www.gmsupplierdiscount.com/build-and-price/
10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 12:56 PM   #65
Envious_Ivy1LE

Drives: Krypton Green V6 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10mm View Post

I already purchased a BMW M2, so I'm in no rush. If I get a camaro it'll be custom ordered to my exact specs so I can drive it no modifications
Envious_Ivy1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 01:50 PM   #66
s2mikey

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10mm View Post

Whoa - 144 on the way? As in ordered cars or just for dealer stock?
Old 11-08-2021, 03:07 PM   #67
taprxxt

Drives: 2000 Pewter WS6, 2022 RBM ZL1
Quote:
Likely a combination of the two. Mine showed up on there when it was in transit along with another Camaro at the same dealer that was dealer stock.
Old 11-08-2021, 03:34 PM   #68
Aquarius

Drives: Rapid Blue 2022 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Dealer stock is so low that they are trying every trick in the book, and a few scribbled on the bathroom walls, to make it look like they have a larger supply than they really do to entice people to come in and buy something.
11/9/2021 - 3400 Status TPW 11/15
11/24/2021 - 3800 Status built 11/21/2021
12/2/2021 - 5000 Status
12/13/2021 - 6000 Status
Aquarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 03:50 PM   #69
s2mikey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius View Post
Dealer stock is so low that they are trying every trick in the book, and a few scribbled on the bathroom walls, to make it look like they have a larger supply than they really do to entice people to come in and buy something.
Good point, lol. When you use the Chevy locator tool you'd swear there were Camaros that you can buy....except you probably cant.
Old 11-08-2021, 04:24 PM   #70
JKSully

Drives: 22 Camaro 2SS, 20 Subaru Crosstrek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius View Post
This question was brought up to Joe a month or so back - he said that dealers use a third party developer to update their websites, and those people just get a list of VINs headed for each dealer without a whole lot of other information. So I don't honestly think it's anybody trying to pull a trick, it's just another way that GM's ordering process is behind the times and could do with some big improvements. The fact that it may draw people onto the dealer lots is more of a happy accident (for the dealer) than deliberate, in my opinion.

2022 | 2SS | M6 | NPP | Summit White | Carbon Flash Wheels | Black Lugs | Red Calipers | Adrenaline Red | Red Knee Pads | Nav |
- 1100 - 8/16/21
- 3000 - 9/21/21 - TPW 10/18/21
- 3400 - 10/1/21
- 3800 - 10/20/21 - built 10/19/21
- 5000 - 11/12/21
- 6000 - 11/13/21

Last edited by JKSully; 11-08-2021 at 05:17 PM.
JKSully is offline   Reply With Quote