Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-25-2018, 09:48 AM   #29
Jim50thSS

Drives: 50th SS Convertible
I'm not sure why all the criticism towards people choosing to use their run flat tires to do what they were supposed to do. My question is what about us that have convertible, can you get the top down with a spare? Might be pretty idiotic to try.
Jim50thSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 10:13 AM   #30
indyz

Drives: 2SS, CT-R, LC500
I freaking love these run flats. They perform well, especially for us non-racing driver types . I have been in a 0-10 psi situation. I drove at 40 mph for 20 miles. Patch n plug, and put 2000 miles, no issues.

I will pay for more run flats in the near future.

They are extremely convenient. I do carry a bottle of green slime and a metal-motor air compressor. Worse comes to worse, geico provides free towing for upto ~50 miles.

Back on topic, will definitely pay for the discount tire road hazard warranty when I get new tires.
indyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 01:13 AM   #31
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim50thSS View Post
I'm not sure why all the criticism towards people choosing to use their run flat tires to do what they were supposed to do. My question is what about us that have convertible, can you get the top down with a spare? Might be pretty idiotic to try.

Someone posted in the Modern Spare thread that he put his under the top in his convertible and it fit. He just had to unsnap the bottom of the divider to get it in and still allow it to lower the top.

I got the hazard warranty from Discount Tire when I first got the car, about $130 for all 4. I did have to replace one, which they did, but the cost to put the warranty on the new tire was up to about $60. Just a few months ago.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 01:27 AM   #32
nicktechla

Drives: 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi kappa alpha View Post
Guys, please please please do not drive around without a spare tire. I don't care if it has to ride in your backseat. It makes ZERO since to not have one. Why put yourselves in these types of situations?
haha, I'm not putting a 20" spare tire and a jack in my back seat.
-- Past --
2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe - Red Hot - A10, PDR - HRE P101
2015 Mustang GT PP - Whipple Supercharger
nicktechla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 04:00 PM   #33
F1FTY

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Thanks to this thread, I opted to buy the additional wheel and tire coverage when I recently got my new Camaro. Well, today it paid off. I was driving through a construction zone and the pavement ate my passenger front wheel. Bunch of nicks and scratches in the sidewall. The car has 960 miles on it....very happy that the repair or replacement will be covered...
F1FTY is offline   Reply With Quote