Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 06-24-2018, 11:34 AM   #169
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post
The red RS posted a few pages back is hot. I want to see more pics of that.

I predict enthusiats buy the SS and convert to the RS front.

On the 19 SS, all you need to do is body color the black center section (where the bowtie is) and remove the bowtie. Put the bowtie in the upper grille.
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 11:53 AM   #170
yankee

Drives: 2018 Camaro LT RS, 2015 Mazda 3
We might see some interesting custom fronts in several months after they fill the stocks
yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 11:54 AM   #171
JefemanG

Drives: 40th Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
Yes, please quote me. Don't under estimate me, I have a long history of being right about things like this.

Even the new Blazer has a better front bumper and grill than the upcoming Camaro. The bowtie is closer to the middle of the grill, not tacked on to the bumper down below.

Why didn't they place the bowtie emblem down below way under the grill on the Blazer?

I think GM wants the 6th gen to fail. They can use that as an excuse to cancel the car again like the 4th gen. That way, they can sell more CUV's and trucks. Heck, the new Blazer even looks like a CUV version of the Camaro.

If I was in a market for a Camaro right now, that front bumper would steer me clear away from the SS. I would NOT want to upgrade to a V8 model unless it was the ZL1.

If GM is in business to sell cars, they should not be trying to alienate existing owners. If anything, they should want existing owners to want to upgrade to the newer refreshed model.

I predict when the '19 SS comes out, it'll be a short cycle and they will change it once again before the 7th gen ultimately comes out. In 2 years or less, they'll move the emblem back into the grill.

The new A10 won't be able to make up for it. Now, if it had the A10 and a nice bump in power for '19, that might keep it steady in sales but they didn't. Sales on the SS will suffer .
They're marketing the Camaro to non-enthusiasts, just like Ford did with the S550. Sales are likely to go up, especially with an I4T option since now people can have the "sleek new" Camaro for the price of a Camry.

Just like with the Mustang, it'll piss off enthusiasts, but sales of the I4T and V6 will go way up. Almost every non-enthusiast likes the new look when compared to the old, while all the enthusiasts are upset.

Aggressive cars just aren't in much anymore. People want to look like they're driving a nice luxury car without paying the price for a nice luxury car.
JefemanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 12:00 PM   #172
yankee

Drives: 2018 Camaro LT RS, 2015 Mazda 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JefemanG View Post
They're marketing the Camaro to non-enthusiasts, just like Ford did with the S550. Sales are likely to go up, especially with an I4T option since now people can have the "sleek new" Camaro for the price of a Camry.

Just like with the Mustang, it'll piss off enthusiasts, but sales of the I4T and V6 will go way up. Almost every non-enthusiast likes the new look when compared to the old, while all the enthusiasts are upset.

Aggressive cars just aren't in much anymore. People want to look like they're driving a nice luxury car without paying the price for a nice luxury car.
Yes, that’s where all the “hate” comes from. Now everyone that will not be able to tell at least the make of the car or what engine it has (I know a lot of car buyers like this), will buy the new Camaro
yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 12:02 PM   #173
JefemanG

Drives: 40th Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Yes, that’s where all the “hate” comes from. Now everyone that will not be able to tell at least the make of the car or what engine it has (I know a lot of car buyers like this), will buy the new Camaro
I don't even hate the refresh, honestly. I prefer the 16-18, but I wouldn't go so far as to say the 19 is trash like a lot of people are. I understand the appeal in it, it's just not my thing. I actually like the way the car looks in orange, so I'm curious to see one in-person.
JefemanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 08:39 PM   #174
DarkSSide

Drives: 2017 2SS Camaro Convertible
Quote:

Very astute observation and well put. And connects nicely to what I said earlier about GM making a Camaro now look like it was designed by Enterprise or some other rent a car conglomerate....appealing to the non-enthusiast, majority crowd. But on a positive note from an enthusiast point of view, this new car will surely have aftermarket designers and enthusiasts in general coming up with some very cool customizations.
DarkSSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 11:13 PM   #175
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
Looks better with the black stripe to tie in to the bumper.
Agree. Those flap things still bother me, but definitely looks better with the stripe. 1LE with a black hood should look even better.

I actually like the salad shooters, but wish they would go the same direction on both sides. That would totally mess with my OCD. Total cheap out on chevys part but there are high end cars that do that too.
Old 06-25-2018, 08:33 AM   #176
lt4camaro

Quote:

Camaro had the Turbo 4 and the great V6 for 3 model years already, the 2019 refresh has not changed the overall look enough to say we now have a new sleek vehicle especially since the 16-18 are better looking. So why will the turbo 4 cars and the V6 cars sell more in 2019?
Old 06-25-2018, 09:03 AM   #177
lawguy85

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS Silver Ice Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by lt4camaro View Post
So why will the turbo 4 cars and the V6 cars sell more in 2019?
The RS redesign is much less controversial than the SS, hell it might not even be fair to call it controversial at all. So it's natural to say the non-polarizing design will move more units.
lawguy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 09:32 AM   #178
F1FTY

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSSide View Post
Very astute observation and well put. And connects nicely to what I said earlier about GM making a Camaro now look like it was designed by Enterprise or some other rent a car conglomerate....appealing to the non-enthusiast, majority crowd. But on a positive note from an enthusiast point of view, this new car will surely have aftermarket designers and enthusiasts in general coming up with some very cool customizations.
The thing about attempting to connect with the non-enthusiast crowd is that the car itself is not going to be purchased by them. The visibility concerns, lack of storage space, fuel economy, practicality, etc do not appeal to a mainstream car buyer. They want an appliance that has a low running cost and can fit into their daily lives. I really hope this appeal to the mainstream was not what GM was trying to do with this refresh. It will fail horribly.

Maybe they just over-estimated the Transformers crowd? Bet on a coming of age new car buyer that saw Bumble Bee growing up in the movies and now wants to buy one?

I'm with gringo on this refresh, and I'm more than willing to eat crow, but I just don't see it for the SS.
F1FTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 09:45 AM   #179
JohnCobalt

Drives: Camaro and Mazda CX3
Quote:
That’s kinda funny. The Camaro never has been and never will be a nice luxury car.
I think what you mean is people like the look of the Camaro but realize they’ll never use all the power, or perhaps they simply can’t afford the SS.

In all the V8s I’ve owned, I’ve had fun in them only a handful of times. It sucks. There’s simply nowhere for me and a lot of other people to use all the power. The sound is the only thing I miss. I can’t really drive fast in my sleepy beach town but the sound of a V8 is the best, IMO. But having those extra cylinders does not make it a luxury car.

Drive a nice new Audi. You’ll see/feel the difference.
JohnCobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 09:48 AM   #180
lt4camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawguy85 View Post
The RS redesign is much less controversial than the SS, hell it might not even be fair to call it controversial at all. So it's natural to say the non-polarizing design will move more units.
Isnt it possible the turbo 4 cars and the V6 cars combined have a higher number of sales versus the SS by itself already? and if that's the case, the MY 2019 sales numbers could and should favor the non SS cars for sure.
Old 06-25-2018, 10:07 AM   #181
indyz

Drives: 2SS, CT-R, LC500
I have faith. I see folks paying 100k++ for ugly cars that drive well. Those who can't afford that kind of coin, will buy the camaro.

Like me
indyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 06:10 PM   #182
DarkSSide

Drives: 2017 2SS Camaro Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1FTY View Post
The thing about attempting to connect with the non-enthusiast crowd is that the car itself is not going to be purchased by them. The visibility concerns, lack of storage space, fuel economy, practicality, etc do not appeal to a mainstream car buyer. They want an appliance that has a low running cost and can fit into their daily lives. I really hope this appeal to the mainstream was not what GM was trying to do with this refresh. It will fail horribly.

Maybe they just over-estimated the Transformers crowd? Bet on a coming of age new car buyer that saw Bumble Bee growing up in the movies and now wants to buy one?

I'm with gringo on this refresh, and I'm more than willing to eat crow, but I just don't see it for the SS.
Oh I agree with Gringo as well. The initial question on my mind (over and over) after seeing pics was “why” would they do this. And the only thing that made any sense (which I also believe will fail) is the “keeping it mainstream” theory. But then again, maybe Ford paid off Chevy to take a dive in the ring.....neuter the SS’s looks before they start outselling the Mustangs....lol

On another funny note, you mentioned lack of space and practicality for mainstream. My wife and I are alone with no kids in the house and had a Miata and a Corvette for several years as our only vehicles. So I’m thankful to be out of the mainstream because we basically feel we traded the best characteristics from both of those cars for a roomy, comfortable, and much more practical Camaro

Last edited by DarkSSide; 06-25-2018 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Forgot to add text
DarkSSide is offline   Reply With Quote