Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 01-02-2018, 01:32 PM   #1
gooter87

Drives: 2013 Camaro LS V6 /1995 Camaro 3.4L
Exclamation Factory Radio -Power Loss

Hello all!

New to the forum, not new to Camaros! I am currently at a loss for the sudden drop in power to my 2013 Camaros basic radio and or display. I know it’s inevitable in this car from all the reported problems, and good luck getting GM to cover it...my question is if I install an after market radio with the climate control change would I expect to see the same power issues with an after market or is that specifically the BCM causing my nightmare?

Of course all the basics have been done...new batt, alt check, voltage check, etc...all tests out. I just want to ditch the stock and upgrade if the cost to repair the stock is more than getting what I want.

Thanks!

Last edited by gooter87; 01-02-2018 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Emoji removal
gooter87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 02:31 PM   #2
DonM
Camaro #4

Drives: 2017-Hyper Blue Metallic-2LTmanual
I recently had issues with my factory head unit, first the CDs would stop playing, then the radio wouldn't play - until I turned off the key & opened the door then shut the door and turned the car back on ... goofy huh? Anyway, I bought a new Pioneer head unit and it's been fine so far ... FM reception could be better, but I have a feeling that it's the shark fin antenna causing the problem.
Old 01-02-2018, 08:09 PM   #3
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooter87 View Post
Hello all!

New to the forum, not new to Camaros! I am currently at a loss for the sudden drop in power to my 2013 Camaros basic radio and or display. I know it’s inevitable in this car from all the reported problems, and good luck getting GM to cover it...my question is if I install an after market radio with the climate control change would I expect to see the same power issues with an after market or is that specifically the BCM causing my nightmare?

Of course all the basics have been done...new batt, alt check, voltage check, etc...all tests out. I just want to ditch the stock and upgrade if the cost to repair the stock is more than getting what I want.

Thanks!
What the hell is inevitable ? I haven't had any issues with my 12 and it's been 3 yrs now.
Old 01-03-2018, 03:38 AM   #4
DonM
Camaro #4

Drives: 2017-Hyper Blue Metallic-2LTmanual
There are about 7 different head units that could have been installed with your car - I know because originally I wanted to just repair mine. I decided that it would be easier & cheaper just to find a new head unit & face plate, so I went that route.

Tags
aftermarket, basic, curt, radio, upgrade