Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-18-2019, 11:37 PM   #1
blackgloves

Drives: 1987 Iroc Z/28
What auto detail products are you using?

I really enjoy cleaning my cars and have more product than I should. I do like trying new products out and get excited when I buy something new. Here is a list of some of the things I have and like.

1. "Cherry wax" by 3D Professional Products Smells great and is easy to take off. I bought a gallon of it years ago and still have plenty.

2. "Blue Diamond" by Detail King. It's a polish and sealant. It also smells really good and is slightly aggressive. It will remove 3,000 grit scratches. I also have a gallon of this stuff

3. "Hot Rims Chrome Wheel Cleaner" by Meguiar's. They make similar sprays for other types of wheels. This stuff is good. I have used a professional grade version of this before, which was very strong. They both have phosphoric acid in them so I highly recommend using it exactly as the directions say. This Meguair's spray is perfect for the car enthusiast as in it's not overly strong. You basically spray it on and scrub it with a brush and quickly rinse. DO NOT let it dry and you should probably wear gloves

4. "CMX Ceramic Spray Coating" by Mothers. *sigh* this stuff has dominated my detailing hobby. My white Iroc looks pearl white when the sun hits it due to the ceramic. There are videos all over youtube on this. It's easy to use and works great. When my car gets dirty, I can spray off the car with a hose and the ceramic coating is there. The car easily returns back to looking clean. For $20 you simply can't beat it

5. "TNT Treatment tire and trim dressing" by Detail King. I put this on with a sponge that's curved for applying dressing on tires. It's in a squeezable bottle, but was purchased in a hard gallon container. It looks like your typical liquid wax and is blue

6. "Spyder-Web Glaze" by Detail King. As the title indicates, this product is used for removing "spider web scratches" or swirl marks, from buffing. Its white and like all the products I've used from Detail King, it's good

7. "Meguair's Mirror Professional Final Inspection" this is a detail or "quick spray" and can also be used for clay bar lubricant. I just realized I have a lot of Meguair's products and it's not intentional by any means. This detailer is as good as any that I've used over the years and I've used many, to include the "Ice" and "Quick Mist and Wipe Detailer"

8. "Meguair's Ultimate Wash and Wax" many of you are probably using this and is by no means a secret. I like washes that have wax infused in the product. I was probably drawn to this product years ago with yellow being my favorite color. When I pour it into a bucket that has water in it already, it's obvious it has a lot of wax mixed into the soap. It doesn't dissolve unless you agitate the water/soap. It too smells really good and for a cheap wash it works well.

I have many more and will add them if I see interest in the thread. Share if you have some that you really like

Former:
2019 2SS (Crush)
1978 Z28
2006 SS/SC Cobalt
2001 Z28
1999 Chevy S-10 Extreme
1972 Z28
1984 Z28
blackgloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 11:39 PM   #2
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Put it in the right forum now on…
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 12:51 AM   #3
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
Here's a few I use:

That's about half of the arsenal.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 05:50 AM   #4
Artryan

Drives: 2018 ZL1 , 2020 GMC AT4 Carbon Pro
Prior to making the mistake of have my cars ceramic coated, I was using Collinite wax products. I can't save enough about the quality of Collinite. As for my ceramic, the Tungsten ceramic is MUCH better than the Kamakazi ceramic.

Now the main products I use are Manette's Mega Shine, Polish Angel Cosmic Spritz, Eagle One wheel and tire cleaner, and Lexol products. I use whatever tire shine is on sale.

I've tried a lot of different stuff over the years, and most of it is junk. The list of favorites of most people are usually things I've tried and wouldn't give a squirt of piss for.
Artryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 07:48 AM   #5
ac-427

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS Redline Convertible
Griots exclusively.
ac-427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 08:26 AM   #6
freddyD

Drives: 2020 rally green rs
ac-427-yes thats what I use.I just got a 2020 rally green RS,I bought Groits best of show spray detailer and best of show spray wax.
freddyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 08:43 AM   #7
Soleil

Drives: Camaro 50th anniversary edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
Here's a few I use:

Holy moly. I am glad that you show us just a few products
As you are using so many different products do you have a favorite for high gloss finish?
Soleil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 09:37 AM   #8
craigss50

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Fifty
Quote:
Here's a few I use:

Someone's a little anal.
craigss50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 09:55 AM   #9
KirkH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soleil View Post
Holy moly. I am glad that you show us just a few products
As you are using so many different products do you have a favorite for high gloss finish?
We discuss this frequently in the Detailing subforum below.

I usually go for the best products rather than one manufacturer. I do like Meguiar’s, Chemical Guys and CarPro in general.

For Camaros, I like microfiber buffing pads. Griots Boss Correction cream is best for compounding Camaro paint. I like Meguiars M205 for polishing a Camaro. I like Meguiar’s D166 for 1 step polishing.

I like, for the Camaro, Chemical Guys Extreme Body wash and Wax and 3M Synthetic Wax if you go the wax route.

I like McKees37 paint sealant if you want to go with polymer sealant.

I like Gyeon WetCoat if you want to go with SiO2.

I like CarPro CQuartz if you want to go ceramic.
Old 10-19-2019, 09:56 AM   #10
KirkH

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigss50 View Post
Someone's a little anal.
The best detailers always are.
Old 10-19-2019, 10:55 AM   #11
LT4

Drives: all sold, getting another soon..
Quote:
The best detailers always are.
Ok, lets see the results.
Old 10-19-2019, 11:08 AM   #12
Pupilbone

Drives: 2019 Crush ZL1 M6
I’m pretty much an exclusive Chemical Guys guy, even took their 3 day detailing course earlier this year with my son. It’s a great course offered up here that covers all aspects detailing (soup to nuts complete with project cars that got the full treatment).

My only exception to the CG products so far is Beadmaker by P&S. It’s an excellent product I use this in both my daily driver’s, but not my Sunday cars. On my Sunday cars I enjoy going through more steps to make them shine!
Pupilbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 11:26 AM   #13
Soleil

Drives: Camaro 50th anniversary edition
Thank you KirkH
Soleil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 11:56 AM   #14
KirkH

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4 View Post
Ok, lets see the results.